Builds Cruzilla BJ41 from Russia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
krawler.ru
Hello everyone, I want to share with you my new project. This car is purchased in a landfill, but was in a good state of repair. In Russia, it is very difficult and expensive to build a car, because most of the parts must be ordered from other countries, usually the United States or Japan. Despite this, I have something that is impossible.

I apologize if I do not write clearly, I use an interpreter, and if something is not clear, ask me and I will answer. While sure, I will not be able to surprise their project.

f585ee2s-960.jpg

All information smeared on bortovik and I primarily to subscribers, as well as for myself decided to put the pieces together.

About the project: The car name "Сruzilla" in instagrame can be found on the tag #cruzilla this car is one of the cars are not numerous, and the trial of a young club in the Primorsky Krai, our club is called "Kravler club".

Aims: organizing competitions and travels local scale Jeep Trials and near-Trial disciplines. The machine is not for the trophy, sprint or expeditions.
For the machine has a tractor trailer as the main way to travel on roads, off-road course on their own.Www.drive2.ru/r/dodge/939188/

I'm much help online translator all the events with my car. Переводчик Google

That's less accurate speklist for 2016:

Transmission and Motor:
2B diesel, 90 HP + Manual trans 4 drive
Front axle TLC60 - to + 2" spacers, TLC80 rear without spacers,
Shaving the axle to increase the clearance
Axis and CV joints RCV
Reinforced stud hubs and flanges
The insert into hubs aisin by RCV
The rear half-axis is the standard
Gears - Nitro 5.29
Lock-right lr-1630 front and rear

Suspension and steering:
Front air shox 16 " profender
Front susp - Long arm 3 link
Rear - Long arm + A-arm
Air shox profender the progress of 14 "(or maybe 16")
Hydrostatic steering collected independently of the foreign and Russian components (Russian only cylinder)
Oil Cooler + fan

Wheels:
BFGoodgich Krawler 39-13.5r17
On custom beadlock discs

Body:
Welded roll cage
The tubular front and rear fender
Footsteps tracks (Rock sliders)
Bought back flip down door
Full repainted u-pol raptor
Branding on the one hand the club, the other my store

A brief chronology of significant events in the life of a car:
Why I chose this car: The most common question is, why are not Wrangler?
Machine worked for snow removal: There was snow, so splyl.
Home Body Repair: www.drive2.ru/l/6192796/
Process: www.drive2.ru/l/6214893/ and www.drive2.ru/l/6267604/ and www.drive2.ru/l/6299795/
End of rough body repair: www.drive2.ru/l/6332522/
Homemade discs bedlokami before painting: www.drive2.ru/l/6472131/
New seats: Ladles for ass and back
Painting cabin: www.drive2.ru/l/6407909/
Result body repair, put in 30 days: looks good, Grandpa)
About my choice of body coverings: www.drive2.ru/l/7053818/
Photo shoot in the street, without doors and roofs: Easy airing
New suspension components airshox Profender: www.drive2.ru/l/7559981/
The first election, thanks for your support !: www.drive2.ru/l/7827705/
Key pairs and blocking: www.drive2.ru/l/7987776/
Oddly shaped front Panara: www.drive2.ru/l/8049774/
Why I decided not to put coilovers: www.drive2.ru/l/8057399/
Plants and price hydrostatic steering: www.drive2.ru/l/8365058/
Strong half-line: www.drive2.ru/l/8397953/
Self Adjusting toe: www.drive2.ru/l/8411440/
A general view of the front axle and steering: www.drive2.ru/l/8462463/
Before, readiness% 99.99: www.drive2.ru/l/8566033/

Estimated budget "iron" without the cost of a car and the work already exceeded 10000 usd, but has not yet reached the 1 million)

3845ee2s-960.jpg

87f8812s-960.jpg

ed04b3as-960.jpg

c304b3as-960.jpg

Wow! Amazing work. I think you will have to go with wider axles. It looks like those tires will hit the frame when you steer. I would not do spacers because it will stress the trunion bearings and the steering fluid will get very hot due to the scrub when turning. Dave at 4plus has pre made inserts to make the front axle wider.

Wow! Amazing work. I think you will have to go with wider axles. It looks like those tires will hit the frame when you steer. I would not do spacers because it will stress the trunion bearings and the steering fluid will get very hot due to the scrub when turning. Dave at 4plus has pre made inserts to make the front axle wider.

Thank you! About the width of my axes I once knew. At the moment, I did everything that the wheels never touched. So I am planning to travel for a while and then buy the axis of the Unimog 404 is the strongest of the available options.

About the steering, I quite possible to ignore the big takeaway wheel caster angle, and other moments + I installed a large oil cooler with fan. I'm sure it will help greatly from overheating.
db571das-960.jpg

Hayden Automotive 526,

96e25eas-960.jpg

Wow. Please show a picture of the engine?

New winch Runwa WEX9500q mutant )
17e7bas-960.jpg

Winch gear 110:1
Motor 10hp 24v
71 rpm on 40a

I hope to get a quick winch for small weight of my car

more info about your radiator , it look a little thin :rolleyes:
This radiator was set by the former owner, he is from the old Russian truck, it is made of pure copper)) But I do not think it is very good. Maybe I'll change it to a 3-layer of aluminum.

Hi
Great looking truck I also have a BJ41 very rare in England how did this one end up in Russia ? bj6.JPG

Looks like you are missing a front upper link?

Why? What happened to them all?
About 10 years ago, our government strongly restricted car imports. A method was found to import the vehicle without payment of customs duties, it brought disassembled, body, separately the frame and the engine, and then going back, and then at my old car makes replacement of the body and the engine due to aging or malfunction. So I get a new car from the old. So import the new land cruiser, and the old model 40 and 60 were sent to landfill (((, they are actually staying documents for the traffic police .. Now in Russia a little old land cruiser, I bought a farmer in a remote village.

Yeah, it was hard to see it on a cell phone with the engine in the way. Looks good from the front, links are nice and flat. :)

Did you bend that panhard yourself or is it off of something?

What's the quality of Russian steel like?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom