Builds Cruisermatt's FJ62 Build-up (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

990522C0-310F-450C-AF92-342A82A79A05.jpeg
08FE1CA5-FA17-40A7-8A4B-150AFD9D46DC.jpeg

E089276D-C5A8-45D1-99A5-979808E7F97B.jpeg

What size are those tires for your "manifest destiny"?

37 12 17.
With the equivalent of a 3-4” lift.
I think the rear needs to drop 1/2”-3/4”. I have 1” shorter read shackles and new frame bushings just haven’t had time.
With the minor trimming I’m not getting any tire rub even when steering at full flex.

BB256246-DDFC-4312-AD27-22E3B366F5EA.jpeg

9B1E7EAB-A0B8-493D-B53D-FA76B3832B91.jpeg

That looks great, Matt!

Thanks man. I’m super stoked on the hubcaps and steelies. It’s the look I’ve dreamed of since I was 16 or so.

Very sharp indeed. Once I wreck my current steelies this will be a very likely next iteration.

Tried reading back in the thread to find the answer but couldn’t find it. So what wheels are those ? They look great might need to track down a set for my 40

Tried reading back in the thread to find the answer but couldn’t find it. So what wheels are those ? They look great might need to track down a set for my 40

thank you. I haven't really posted about them much. They're FJ Cruiser/Tacoma/4runner spare steelies. 17x7.5". Nothing special.

So how did you get the hubcaps to stay on the wheel?

So how did you get the hubcaps to stay on the wheel?

look closely at the picture in post #2086.

The rings will be for sale soon when I get my site online along with my LS swap motor mount kit, 4l60 FJ62 transfer case shifter bracket, plug and play transmission harness for FJ62 and 80 series LS swaps, etc etc. Lots of products in development.

Side note, my Cruiser shop is now my full time job and is expanding rapidly. I have a huge amount of work coming through the shop every week. I have been trying to make a few hours a week to do something on my own Cruiser so I don't forget why I do this :)

Last edited:
Bunch of f*ckin comedians...lol

@cruisermatt : Thank you for your thoughtful response sir. A true gentleman.

Edit: I sure hope I don’t have to weld those rings on. And that they work on 16” wheels. And that your website comes up soon. And that they don’t break the bank.

I’ll leave it at that...

They are weld-on and those are 17" wheels in the picture. If you would like a similar setup for a 16" wheel PM me and we can get a 16" wheel to see if a similar design is possible. The hub cap is drilled and uses three #8 button-head screws. I can also drill the holes in the hubcaps (it's easy though)

I will say the one downside to the way I did it (and there's no way around it with these wheels) is the Aisin hub and 80 FF hub really sit down inside the hubcap opening. With regular 60 wheel bearing hubs up front it should be better (I have IFS hubs). The regular FJ40 rear hubcaps without the hole would fit over the 80 FF rear hub for sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom