Cruiser Corp aerosol paint - Blue Sky (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a little surface rust and some missing paint on my interior floor and considering prepping and touching up with Cruiser Corp paint. Wondering how any that have experience with their paint feel about the product??

Thanks!

My dad has a Sky Blue 77 and we have use the Cruiser Corp can for some touch up stuff here and there. I would say it is very good for floor, touching rust repair or PO-drilled holes on a patina truck, etc

I have a little surface rust and some missing paint on my interior floor and considering prepping and touching up with Cruiser Corp paint. Wondering how any that have experience with their paint feel about the product??

Thanks!
Not blue, but have used a bit of their 464 beige for a small area - pretty exact match. About to tackle the roof with their white - will report back

@rex in bama ….I have some of their Cygnus white. It is actually darker than the OEM 031.
Need a photo let me know.
I just ordered some 031 from paintscratch.com
They have Cygnus white

@rex in bama
Here ya go. The upper portion of the door is CC Cygnus White. The lower part is original.
I did receive another can today. I’ll shoot some tomorrow and see what it looks like.
The yellow discoloration is rust converter
97480F6D-8BC6-4049-A0B5-39E32E4112EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Thanks!
I've used a few cans of their paint (going back ~12 years or so), and have been satisfied with the product.

When compared to single stage, Martin Senour (Crossfire line) single stage 854 blue, the Cruiser Corp. Sky Blue would be a super-close fit. I plan to use it for just what you're asking about - touch ups, etc.

Thanks everyone! I ordered a few cans today. Going to start prepping the floor this weekend. I Took the seats out and took them to be reupholstered and dropped the hardware off at a shop to soda blast and prime then I’ll spray a little black enamel gloss on them.

Going to tackle the headliner this weekend….🤞

I will send before and after of the floor. The exterior was painted last year. No rust. I think the PO should have left it natural patina. It looked great

IMG_6238.jpeg

I will send before and after of the floor. The exterior was painted last year. No rust. I think the PO should have left it natural patina. It looked great

View attachment 3385641
That’s a great looking truck! It’s a tough call on these that have good patina, but with areas you’d like to address. I can see where a full repaint is tempting, though. I’ve got an original beige truck with great patina that I’d like to leave, but I am at least gonna paint the top, eventually the cowl (when I get PO drilled holes patched), and I’m tempted to treat and repaint the rear floor (very solid, but a fair amount of surface rust).

IMG_4481.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

Slow going in the Texas heat. Looking a little better. Overall really pleased to see very little surface rust

Tackling the headliner tonight

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0329.jpeg

IMG_0328.jpeg

I used rattle can to clean up my floorboards when I had everything out to replace my clutch. Turned out fine, clean and prep and take your time laying it down.

IMG_2421.jpeg

IMG_2425.jpeg

Seats are done. Very happy with the work Rodriguez Upholstery in Seguin TX did. Still finishing a few bolts here and there.

BTW the vinegar soak on all the fasteners worked well. Scrubbed, rinsed, soak in WD and pat dry.

IMG_0352.jpeg

IMG_0350.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom