Cruiser Brothers WAT valve body? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HDJdreams

SILVER Star
Threads
View attachment 1843037 Rocket Rod built a Nomad HD VB for us a few months ago which I installed in my 1999 UZJ100 shortly thereafter.
The results were exactly what I had hoped for: slightly firmer shifting and increased fuel economy. The shift points are slightly higher and just a bit firmer but not “snappy” like a shift kit you’d run in a hot rod.
Overall, I’m very happy with it.
We’ve also installed a number of these on other applications like FJ62, 80, 200, Tundra and GX470 and 460. And most recently a 4th gen 4-runner with an A750F ( pictured above ).

Georg @ Valley Hybrids & Cruiser Brothers

@orangefj45 Did the 200 notice any improvement in MPG? How was it modded (gears/tires/weight)?

My 2013 is heavily armored on 285/75R17s (33-34”) with stock gears and gets 12-13 mpg. I have a set of time 4.88s that will be going in soon, that will give it close to the same effective ratio as 5.7 Tundra with tow package (4.30 on 30-31”). I hear that should help some with mpg, would the valve body help further? (The 200 will see towing duty also)

Will let @orangefj45 report on results, but if the VB upgrade provides MPG improvement, we can help with another mod to deal with it.....

Just ordered the first of these for a customer US$ 8,995 plus shipping from Stockton, California USA

TVS2650 Tundra Landcruiser 200 LX 570

upload_2018-11-30_9-10-55.png

As fun as that sounds, my 80 needs help in that department far more than my 200! The stock 5.7 is almost twice 1FZ, this would make it officially over twice!!:bounce:

Will let @orangefj45 report on results, but if the VB upgrade provides MPG improvement, we can help with another mod to deal with it.....

Just ordered the first of these for a customer US$ 8,995 plus shipping from Stockton, California USA

TVS2650 Tundra Landcruiser 200 LX 570

View attachment 1843108

The photo and link didn’t post numbers, but I assume this kit is on par or better than Magnuson’s 5.7 Tundra kit (500 hp, 550 ft-lbs) and UNLIKE that kit is plug and play for US 200s?

Are you guys doing the install?

If so, what kind of warranty could be expected?

Are you guys doing the install?

If so, what kind of warranty could be expected?

His partner Georg at Valley Hybrids (Stockton) does.

I see that now looking at the other thread. Whoops

Great guy, Georg is. Installed my LRA. 1st class work. Highly recommend...but then so does TLCA: :clap:

9C5F701F-F374-440A-A268-A0D2AF47A6FE.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll second that appraisal. I just ordered some t-case gears and harrop lockers through georg for my 80. Very thorough want wanted to make sure I was comfortable understanding my options and what results to expect. Good guy and company to support!

I'll second that appraisal. I just ordered some t-case gears and harrop lockers through georg for my 80. Very thorough want wanted to make sure I was comfortable understanding my options and what results to expect. Good guy and company to support!
Agreed. Georg makes me look good every day. I am lucky to be able to work with him.

Pinging this thread to see if there have been any real world experiences with the WAT HD Nomad Valve Body upgrade and/or the WAT GenII Torque Converter Lockup Kit.

Concept of each sounds intriguing and useful to me. But, they aren’t cheap. So, hoping to learn of real world experiences w/ North American 200 series rigs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom