Cruise Moab 2009 photo thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We hit the brewery earlier that night since we had heard there might be a crowd later on for CDan's party. As we were coming out, Greg Miller was was having a nice conversation with an officer from the UHP right across the street. Kinda funny seeing the officer stand there next to the "rainbow turtle" or whatever the hell that enormous Proffits truck is called. Greg could have just flicked his toe and kicked the dude in the teeth.

That's the Lizard King.

It is up there a ways for sure and it really gobbles up the trail.

Had a great time at Moab with my friends Torslinning and Mad Chemist. Met a lot of nice people, including my neighbors at Slickrock (Hants and Caroline White from Colorado and Randy from Arkansas. Sorry Randy, I didn't catch your last name). Many thanks to the Rising Sun and Wasatch Cruiser clubs for the event.

Some photos from around Moab, Arches National Park, Fins and Things, Poison Spider Mesa, and Metal Masher.

Photo link

1st Photo: Hants and Randy
2nd Photo: Mad Chemist on Metal Masher Trail
3rd Photo: Torslinning attempting Widowmaker
Neighbors at Slickrock.jpg
Mad Chemist on Metal Masher.jpg
Torslinning at Widowmaker.jpg

Last edited:
That's the Lizard King.

It is up there a ways for sure and it really gobbles up the trail.

I like "rainbow turtle" better.....sorry Greg if you read this. But you should definitely change the name to :rainbow: turtle. Not that I think it's :rainbow: , its super cool and I'd love to have it.

I was fortunate to ride down to CM 09 with Mr. HAYES in his appropriately built 80 series. Ryan let me drive his rig through Metal Masher on Friday, and after doing so I decided he needs to name his cruiser 'sugar' because it is so smooth on the trail. I wasn't able to bring my 80 as it was being loaned out to my brother in law who is having his headgasket and associated parts replaced.

It was my first CM, and I had an absolute blast. From the new trails I hadn't done before, the camp at Slickrock with the associated cotton, the plethora of cruisers, all the way to the dinner/raffle, and of course meeting the people behind the names. It was neat to hear all the great things about my local club, the Wasatch Cruisers, and how they help out the event so much. I hope to help out myself in the future.

On to what you -really- want to see, the pictures:
Metal Masher Friday:

IMG_1011.jpg

Ron breaking out shrimp at the lunch spot:
IMG_1016.jpg

IMG_0982.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

Behind the Rocks Thursday:

Mr. Hayes-
IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

More Behind the Rocks:
IMG_0953.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

As Moab Rim was canceled due to the rain on Saturday, we ran Poison Spider Mesa. This has always been one of my favorite trails, and one of my first offroad experiences ever was here when I was a youngster.
IMG_1027.jpg

DSC_0316.jpg

DSC_0332.jpg

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

More from PSM:
DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

After PSM, we decided to run around on a part of Hells Revenge. It was nice, and as I just found out, Hells will be one way only in the future so once you are in you must be committed to the trail, and you will be unable to go in and come back out after a short portion of the trail:
DSC_0425.jpg

DSC_0437.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

DSC_0431.jpg

What did you do to earn a $500.00 ticket??

Illegal Lane Change :rolleyes: - this is what he pulled me over for.

Expired Proof of insurance, No Fender Flares, No Mud Flaps. i will have the Insurance thing dropped when i send in my Card

:ban: You would think they would be lax about it in a spot like moab who depends on us wheelers

Last edited:
You would think they would be lax about it in a spot like moab who depends on us wheelers

Not hardly, more like an additional income source for them.

I get the impression that the locals only tollerate the out-of-town infidels because of their billfolds. After that they are a burden at best.

Not hardly, more like an additional income source for them.

I get the impression that the locals only tollerate the out-of-town infidels because of their billfolds. After that they are a burden at best.

Infidels? As in non-LDS, or just in general?

Both, actually.

I like "rainbow turtle" better.....sorry Greg if you read this. But you should definitely change the name to :rainbow: turtle. Not that I think it's :rainbow: , its super cool and I'd love to have it.

when jeremiah brought it out last year, i was calling it the rainbow warrior. someone else said it looked like toucan sam had bad sex:lol:

Drag it rained on Saturday. It kept the cameras inside the trucks instead of outside to catch the action. A few shots from Steel Bender.

3505965908_a7bcab1c3e.jpg

3505154743_1f02f24bb3.jpg

3505962496_c09257d760.jpg

3505152631_e14e41a75a.jpg

3505150251_45575b08af.jpg

3505958702_1c1285db14.jpg

These pics are beyond cool! Keep 'em coming,please! :clap:

I was not able to make it this year, but I will be there next year.

Both, actually.

come on Dan.... thats a pretty broad stroke of the brush. :doh:

I will agree there are a few extremist, but i'm sure it's not the majority.

Most tourist places love to nail you for any traffic infraction they can. Just like Dan said, another income stream. :mad::ban:

Pix from the Copper State Cruisers gang are here ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom