Costa Fabrications Front Bumper Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sbman

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Thanks to one of our new custom fab vendors, @RDC76 , I received a new front bumper a few weeks ago.

Finally had time to get it prepped, painted and installed. I was one in his first group of bumpers, so I think I have a very early one of his first run of 80 series bumpers. I asked him to do a couple of custom things for me along with his design so I was able to get exactly what I wanted. I asked him to send it to me in raw steel so that I could paint it myself.

Yes, I said paint it. I personally prefer single stage paint over powder coat for items that are going to get scratched up. I can brush touch it up, polish it a bit and it looks decent again.

I'll start with the before and after shots, since I know you only want to see the pics.

Before:

IMG_6514-XL.jpg

After:

IMG_6515-XL.jpg

More to follow!

I know. I know what you are thinking. You go to all the trouble to paint it yourself, and then you go and paint it black. :flipoff2:

IMG_6530-XL.jpg

That there be Toyota Graphite Grey Pearl. Thank you very much. Excuse the orange peel, I'm a programmer, not a painter Jim.

nice bumper. really like the tow points

Good looking bumper!! How much does it weigh and $$$?

Pricing is at: 80 Series Expedition bumper

Weight wise, I'm not sure. I was able to lift it and slide it onto the frame rail by myself, but it was heavy. With a winch in it, I'd need help. The crate was 227 pounds I believe, so take the crate out (30-40 pounds). Probably about 175-190.

(edit) It can't be that heavy... I'll have to weigh it or ask the fabricator.
(edit2) 107 pounds

Last edited:
I might actually weigh it, now that I think about it, I don't think it can weigh that much. I am fairly sure I could not lift that much up by myself and get it lined up. It wasn't a huge struggle or anything. There was other stuff in the box too.

Lol.... Just to clarify the bumper alone weighed 107 at last weigh in. And that's fully equipped with shackles , led light bar, and factor55 fairlead all mounted.

Rich

Dang, I was starting to feel good about myself, 180 pounds didn't seem that heavy. you've crushed me. :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom