Builds CO_Hunter’s GX470 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got the second coat of paint on last night and mounted them this evening. Install of the Heftyfab sliders couldn't have been easier.

C23D4338-8E5A-4E51-A48C-EE43435F5A82.jpeg

DBB71002-9AFE-4DAC-A6F7-05AFD6CF1071.jpeg

Got my Weathertech mats in as well. Ordered through my local Toyota parts guy and got our local club discount.

6049C770-7D66-49D1-8A63-35BF71562710.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish my weather tech mats fit that good

Too bad you have fit issues. Is a return possible?

Mine fit like a glove front and second row.

71737AC6-292C-41D2-8941-843363ABDD99.jpeg
Some twisted rope makes a good fly rod case holder.

Too bad you have fit issues. Is a return possible?

Mine fit like a glove front and second row.
Don’t think so 2 years old

It’s mostly the passengers side

image.jpg

It’s hard to tell from the pic, but did they always fit like that or warp over time? Still might be worth a call and tell them others seem to fit better, maybe they will do something for you. FWIW, the part number for the front I ordered was 450701.

Finally got the GX out for a proper outing over a long 3 day weekend and will try post some eye candy tomorrow.

Thanks, This one has fit like this since new. I talked to someone at the company a long time ago, didn’t seem to matter. I will live with it now, but don’t think I will order from them again, unless they make changes. My girlfriend GX460 rears are just just curling up at the sides and her drivers mat is wearing out at 70k miles. Both sets purchased at the same time. I have 62k on mine and it’s in better shape. I think someone here used Husky mats and liked them that are for a GX460.

Last edited:
Okay so I had to put down the wrenches and get this rig out. My wife and I took a long weekend and popped over to the Gunnison basin for some fly fishing and exploring. All in all a great time and we are really liking the GX, except for VSC, but more on that later.

Dramatic re-enactment as we crossed this at night looking for a camp spot in a place we had not been before.

5E2A135F-4631-4424-B889-E75C4A4EC7E6.jpeg

Actually got a little rear flex
92AFB221-1F6A-415E-8BAF-9A85AE985BE0.jpeg

The side opening rear door is different. We do miss the tailgate but the side opening makes for a great windbreak. It will be handy once I get the fold down table.

AB80EBED-7D9D-42DC-8BBF-58B303C2036A.jpeg

Pretty much had the lake to ourselves
62AF54FC-B574-4277-A73F-BEB9B6007FD1.jpeg

Last edited:
One of our lunch stops

418C1938-F796-44D3-932B-916D196F33BD.jpeg

Black Canyon NP

B8F8AE73-7C63-4393-A6F3-C9BE07A0B8C1.jpeg

Sunset on the banks of the Gunnison grilling up some elk steaks. No campfires as we were not in a campground and there were burn restrictions. We thin cut and marinade them and are really great over a fire but the griddle was a good back up.

1644825E-83F4-4D9B-9A1E-0EFF5E0ACBD2.jpeg

Next priority mods are the rear 12v for the fridge and the attic rack. Actually surprised how much we used that in the 80.

I took a quilck look at the firewall and didn't see an obvious place to run wire. Anyone have a suggestion offhand to save me time before I start mining threads?

Last edited:
I wish I was out there exploring!

So the VSC kicked in again after the ZPC twice on our drive out in the Arkansas River Canyon. Both times on curves and I was not going fast. I pulled the TEMS fuses at camp the next morning thinking if I disable the suspension ECU then if there is any communication between systems maybe that would solve the problem. All suspension lights went out and nothing blinking. Everything was great the rest of the trip on all kinds covey mountain roads up and down, fast and slow curves.

On the way home, after about 300 miles after the fuse pull, it happened twice while my wife was driving. We could not figure out what type of driving is triggering other than curves. She even tried to reproduce it, I was so proud of her.

I have read other threads about causes and I don’t seem to have any of the symptoms that have caused this problem. Plus it seems so random. Could be a combaintion of so many factors such as differential wheel spin, yaw sensor, turn degree, etc. She wants the VSC killed as there is no confidence. I have been looking over threads and I am willing to hack into the harness to make this happen.
This is my only complaint thus far, but it is fairly serious.

That sucks about the VSC, big time

I took a quilck look at the firewall and didn't see an obvious place to run wire. Anyone have a suggestion offhand to save me time before I start mining threads?

I ran two 4 awg wires from the battery to the passenger side rear wheel well for our compressor. Went through the rubber firewall port on the passenger side. There was a nub on ours that you could cut to run a wire, but it was way too small for 2x 4awg and I had to do a bit of poking, hacking, cursing and cutting to get them through. Big pain in the ass. After that it was simple enough to fish them past the glove box wiring and under the door sill step covers. Things got complicated again at the wheel well panel cover, but I’m new at this type of thing so maybe you’ll have an easier time. I ended up using 20’ of wire (more than I anticipated)

So the VSC kicked in again after the ZPC twice on our drive out in the Arkansas River Canyon. Both times on curves and I was not going fast. I pulled the TEMS fuses at camp the next morning thinking if I disable the suspension ECU then if there is any communication between systems maybe that would solve the problem. All suspension lights went out and nothing blinking. Everything was great the rest of the trip on all kinds covey mountain roads up and down, fast and slow curves.

On the way home, after about 300 miles after the fuse pull, it happened twice while my wife was driving. We could not figure out what type of driving is triggering other than curves. She even tried to reproduce it, I was so proud of her.

I have read other threads about causes and I don’t seem to have any of the symptoms that have caused this problem. Plus it seems so random. Could be a combaintion of so many factors such as differential wheel spin, yaw sensor, turn degree, etc. She wants the VSC killed as there is no confidence. I have been looking over threads and I am willing to hack into the harness to make this happen.
This is my only complaint thus far, but it is fairly serious.

Happened to me twice. Both times it was a bad front caliper.

That sucks about the VSC, big time

I ran two 4 awg wires from the battery to the passenger side rear wheel well for our compressor. Went through the rubber firewall port on the passenger side. There was a nub on ours that you could cut to run a wire, but it was way too small for 2x 4awg and I had to do a bit of poking, hacking, cursing and cutting to get them through. Big pain in the ass. After that it was simple enough to fish them past the glove box wiring and under the door sill step covers. Things got complicated again at the wheel well panel cover, but I’m new at this type of thing so maybe you’ll have an easier time. I ended up using 20’ of wire (more than I anticipated)

Thanks. I was wondering if people just punched a new hole in that grommet. I pulled all the interior panels I just wasn't quite sure where to pull the wires through.

Happened to me twice. Both times it was a bad front caliper.

Thanks. I remember reading that was your problem. The vehicle was braking straight with no pull. I didn't check for excessive heat though. How did you diagnose the sticking caliper?

Thanks. I was wondering if people just punched a new hole in that grommet. I pulled all the interior panels I just wasn't quite sure where to pull the wires through.

Thanks. I remember reading that was your problem. The vehicle was braking straight with no pull. I didn't check for excessive heat though. How did you diagnose the sticking caliper?
Inspect them. If they are Rusty or have one cylinder that is frozen it will not move or the pad will have uneven wear.

Inspect them. If they are Rusty or have one cylinder that is frozen it will not move or the pad will have uneven wear.

I'll add brake inspection to the list. The pads were thick, so they were replaced not too long ago by previous owner. If it is the caliper causing this on mine, the system must be pretty sensitive.

truck looks great.

looks like your neighbor has a nice 60 series?

Good eye! It is but he doesn't drive it off road. Around town fun truck for now but he says he wants to get it ready to take off road, time will tell. Needs some mechanical and electrical work but pretty clean and solid.

On another note. How do you get that 50 amp fuse for the air suspension out? It's not a simple pull, is it one of those bolted from underneath?

Fuse isn’t secured by anything. I think I stuck something in there to help pry it loose.

So I went back out last night to pry on it a little. Then I realized I had been working on the wrong 50 amp fuse. The air suspension fuse came out pretty easy. The one I had worked on/over was labeled A/pump. Now I have to remove the fuse box to unbolt and replace that sucker...:bang:

Its been several weeks since I posted an update so here is a summary of sorts picking up where I left off. That A/Pump fuse was a pain to track down, the factory manual didn’t even show it and the dealer had to call CA to track it down. The PN is 90982-08228 in case anyone ever needs it. Pulling the fuse try was a real pain as well. You need to undo the 4 side clips and then cut the zip tie underneath and then loosen the connected wire looms by disconnecting the retainers.

There are four square holes circled, two are right next to each other. Need to get a thin screwdriver in there and fiddle a bit. That’s about the best I can describe the method.

26504C28-6F0A-47A0-9505-7A12BCC7ABE1.jpeg

Then when you get the tray out you need to slip something very thin in a slot where the red circles are to allow the tray to split and gain access to the fuse bolts. Picture is the tray already split.

F452CF69-9C12-4899-9393-DF078725A3D3.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom