Builds CO_Hunter’s GX470 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s a mix, some 1/8 and some just shy of 3/16.

Finally got the dual battery system install mostly done, just a few more zip ties and cable clamps.

Batteries are isolated except when the engine is running then they both charge. Trigger wire for the relay comes off an add a fuse I added for the fog light switch mod.

200 amp battery isolater relay
200 amp MRBF for second battery fuse
2 gauge welding wire for +/- (negative goes directly to starting battery)

I built the battery mount from scrap I had laying around, except for the tray plate steel. It’s all either 3/16” or 1/8” steel.

I relocated my auxiliary fuse panel and will be better located for when I add in my solar hookup. I’ll be adding another circuit for that to allow me to plug in any Anderson pole connection such as for my HF HAM rig, or 12v drill.

I did have to cut the ground wire coming out of the MAF harness, I really didn’t want to do that but had no choice. I bought some marine grade 10ga wire to make a 1 ft extension. Used a butt crimp, with plenty of dielectric grease and double shrink wrapped it.

It will be nice to have the auxiliary battery for the fridge, HAM radio etc.

6A0D5167-242A-4971-9F4B-0651D1C084F8.jpeg

C7A2F6D0-E55A-42F8-979A-50AF7FE93D33.jpeg

808D8187-EC0F-4524-B076-6A54E30FC102.jpeg

ADD3BE66-620D-4F5B-B246-6C67C53B554A.jpeg

Finally got the dual battery system install mostly done, just a few more zip ties and cable clamps.

Batteries are isolated except when the engine is running then they both charge. Trigger wire for the relay comes off an add a fuse I added for the fog light switch mod.

200 amp battery isolater relay
200 amp MRBF for second battery fuse
2 gauge welding wire for +/- (negative goes directly to starting battery)

I built the battery mount from scrap I had laying around, except for the tray plate steel. It’s all either 3/16” or 1/8” steel.

I relocated my auxiliary fuse panel and will be better located for when I add in my solar hookup. I’ll be adding another circuit for that to allow me to plug in any Anderson pole connection such as for my HF HAM rig, or 12v drill.

I did have to cut the ground wire coming out of the MAF harness, I really didn’t want to do that but had no choice. I bought some marine grade 10ga wire to make a 1 ft extension. Used a butt crimp, with plenty of dielectric grease and double shrink wrapped it.

It will be nice to have the auxiliary battery for the fridge, HAM radio etc.

View attachment 2298087
View attachment 2298088
View attachment 2298089
View attachment 2298090
I want you to do my electrical mods
🤓👍

Made up a charge controller box for my solar. Went with the more water proof SB50 connectors. This way I can easily change hooking the solar up to the vehicle or the trailer. Also went with the external Bluetooth module since it supposedly has greater range than the internal.
75F67C11-897C-4A0A-9B2E-FEBA14A2A9FA.jpeg

I also took an old 12 v cordless drill with dead NiCd batteries and turned it int t corded drill. Hooks into my aux fuse panel with standard Anderson powerpoles.

EF2617DB-AC5E-4CE3-A9A2-A06ADBAC25EA.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom