Builds CO_Hunter’s GX470 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wired my 3” led pod reverse lights. I don’t know if cycling through the gears and having quick on/off is bad for them, especially the cheap Chinese stuff. So I got this programmable time delay relay that is pretty cool. I used one of the most basic functions to wait about 2.5 seconds before turning on the back up lights. So cycling quickly through gear selector does not turn them on.

DFAE154F-A7C9-4AE6-9D0D-6DD462399F05.jpeg

Just finished my Coastal Offroand bumper build. I ordered the long arm kit and jerry can holder. The location of the latch block is far enough over it shouldn’t be a leg catcher. I won’t go into a lot of build pics since there is enough info in the Coastal Offraod thread. I was back and forth on how to coat it and finally settled on POR15. I prepped it with flap disk, sprayed it with brake clean then used POR metal prep which is basically phosphoric acid. I then put on three coats of POR15, then used the POR self etching primer before top coating the vertical parts with hammered matte gray. Matched pretty close to the ARB front bumper. The horizontal parts I coated with spay on bed liner so we would have a nonskid surface climbing in/out of the back.

I also reinforced the the hinge area like Bluetribal did. The lock pin is my addition and not part of the kit. I also reinforced the vertical part of tire holder with angle on each side plus the back of all verticals. Just a little extra cheap insurance. I added these foldable steps on both sides of the bumper and think these will come in quite handy.

View attachment 2005096

View attachment 2005101

View attachment 2005102

View attachment 2005100

View attachment 2005097
Looking good sir! 👍🤘

I built my fridge slide for 4rh July weekend and finally got it stained, ploy urethane, and painted. Put in a pin to keep it place while driving, had to use shoes and a 2x4 last trip... lol

Extended pic is prior to finishing.

82E4C3C7-9E04-48EA-9B9C-0BE746037A1E.jpeg

46D69450-80A6-4B7E-8F6D-15C5B508180D.jpeg

These are the slides I went with. The locking ones were a lot more and figured I could make my own locks. I use a 3/16 pin to lock open. Drilled a hole in the side of the frame that extends into the slide rail. You can see the lock closed pin.

Is the locking T-handle removed in the second picture? I'm trying to figure how your lock setup works and all I can come up with is the handle isn't installed...

The second pic it was not installed yet. I’ll get a pic soon. T handle is welded on the frame then I drilled a hole for the pin in a small plate that is screwed into the wood.

I can visualize that...
I'm in the design phase of building a fridge slider. I might just copy your's and save myself the headache. Anything you'd change?

I can visualize that...
I'm in the design phase of building a fridge slider. I might just copy your's and save myself the headache. Anything you'd change?

Ok, let me know if you need any more info. Wouldn’t change anything, Just be aware where you put spring pin in relation to power cord. I didn’t and it is almost too close.
Wait! 😲
Is this real? The real stuff, real plastidip, not that spray-on stuff? 😁
Yup, good eye! I was experimenting a few years ago with the stuff. Not real impressed with how it turned out.

Last edited:
Installed my JK fog lights into the ARB.

Just need to do the mod so I can have fogs on without the low beams on.

AB535962-39A0-4814-896A-538A652DC301.jpeg

12F8679B-54B7-478D-8326-DD7E565F8D71.jpeg

An update on my rear bumper. I ordered the long arm version and not too long after I installed it the 3/16” mounting tabs bent and the play in heim joints would cause excessive outward lean. I contacted Brandon (at Coastal) and to his credit he was very resposnsive in brainstorming ideas etc. I first tried welding in a gusset and then stacked more 3/16” on top in an attempt to change the hinge geometry. Without going into a whole lot of detail nothing really fixed it. So what did Brandon do? He redesigned the hinge kit and sent it to me free of charge. I got it mounted and took out on a trip this past couple days elk hunting. It performed just fine. The only “complaint” I have is the extra spacing between hiem joints has taken out enough friction to where it won’t stay in place while open. That is not a big problem. Just wanted to give Brandon props on customer service and standing behind his products. Here are some pics. Cutting off the old brackets took a few cutoff disks.

A19EBCEF-FD18-4301-9EF2-7DF7A8E705EE.jpeg

1D5E2D02-7500-45FC-A667-B828A65F8E2B.jpeg

160DA384-6ED8-4238-8EB7-7F2C145FCAE8.jpeg

9E584C38-99E4-46A4-8141-9AB1CC115CAB.jpeg

Last edited:
Good thing you hadn't powdercoated the original design. That would have been a bummer to do all that cutting and grinding through fresh powdercoat. Nice that you gotten taken care of though.

I decided to get the Yaesu FTM 400 and got it installed in the same place as my Kenwood with some minor tweaks of existing parts. Tucks into the console a bit nicer.

077A8DA2-984F-442D-99AD-B4712010EBA6.jpeg

My previous Kenwood setup has sold.

Last edited:
Been on the shoulder/bicep surgery mend for a while but still got some stuff done with an extra set of hands from a friend. My ARB sprang an air leak in the bonded piston seal. I decided to take it to Slee for the repair as I am hoping ARB covers it. We shall see.

E2A0E4D9-7E31-4CCD-9D3E-06AADC76D4FC.jpeg

Started a new project. Can’t claim the original idea for the design as I got inspiration from Expo Portal. This lifted mount allow it to clear the rear A/C line and allows for a larger battery. Will have to trim a secondary post at it aligns perfectly with a bump out in the hood liner that houses the washer tubing. Quite an amazing coincidence.

I am also relocating my auxiliary wiring as well.

A7AF591F-8EEE-49B1-88AB-AAF7E914261D.jpeg
D1A01174-A7B8-46A4-A916-89BF0ED174BE.jpeg

Started a new project. Can’t claim the original idea for the design as I got inspiration from Expo Portal. This lifted mount allow it to clear the rear A/C line and allows for a larger battery. Will have to trim a secondary post at it aligns perfectly with a bump out in the hood liner that houses the washer tubing. Quite an amazing coincidence.

I am also relocating my auxiliary wiring as well.

View attachment 2292653View attachment 2292654
That looks good!

Good projectin' during this time!

@CO_Hunter

Is the ARB bumper one piece, or component like Dissent and Ironman?

One piece. There are three splash guards that are separate, but those are not structural.

One piece. There are three splash guards that are separate, but those are not structural.
3/16, or 3mm?

(I'm sure I could look it up in a couple of clicks too... 🙄)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom