For Sale Cleanest LO Miles '97 FJZ with clean MODS on the Market, Service records from NEW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 40th Anniversary Toyota FJZ80 Land Cruiser for sale. I haven't seen a cleaner, lower mileage, tastefully modified Cruiser on the market or on the road.

Addendum (10/20/18):
Asking price: $31,900
Miles: 154k, 10k over past 3 years.

Story: Originally purchased in CO by a gentleman in the oil business. Eventually transported to Oklahoma after visiting Slee Offroad in Golden, CO (modifications below). Over the course of 19 years the truck was lightly driven and, to my knowledge, ever taken off road. The truck was sold to a Toyota dealer in Texas in 2017 where an employee took it home. He rarely drove it and ended up selling it to me to make room for a new SUV. The truck is now for sale because it doesn't fit in my new garage (need 6'10" clearance). Since purchasing the vehicle in early 2018 I changed the oil, balanced the wheels/tires, and had the truck inspected for mechanical faults of which none were found. As you will see in the photographs and maintenance records below, this truck was extremely well cared for and should drive for thousands of miles to come.

Headliner is tight, leather is in excellent shape, dash is amazing with no cracks in leather. Every switch and knob works perfectly, and all dash lights function properly.

EMAIL: twilson3985@gmail.com

Servicing (18K, late 2016):
1. FZFE Heater Hose Service: Drained radiator, replace LHH and hoses at heater valve, replaced coolant. Replaced radiator hoses, coolant hoses, water hose heater, throttle body coolant hose, throttle body. Replaced drive belts (A/C, alternator). Replaced gaskets.
2. Replaced spark plug wires and plugs.
3. Replaced distributor cap and rotor.
4. Serviced center differential lock.
5. Replaced front and rear sway bars, sway bar bushings
6. Replaced tie rods, steering drag link, steering tie rod.
7. Flushed and replaced transmission fluid, drained and filled transfer case
8. Drained and filled brake fluid
9. Replaced OEM fuel tank and gaskets
10. Front axle service, complete
11. Rear axle service, complete

Modifications (late 2016):
1. Old man emu (OME) front and rear coil suspension [OME 2.5" suspension lift]
2. OME front and rear sport shocks
3. OME steering damper
4. SLEE 'shortbus' high clearance front bumper
5. Warn M8000-S winch with synthetic line installed, remote control
6. ARB 7" driving lights with auxiliary switch install
7. SLEE rear bumper with tire carrier and ladder, extreme high lift jack
8. SLEE rock sliders
9. SLEE skid plate
10. 5 17" Toyota TRD wheels with BFG KO2 285/70/17 tires
11. Safari Snorkel
12. Front seat foam replaced

PLEASE email for more photos and service records. Service records from NEW.

LC45.jpg
LC48.jpg
LC1.JPG
LC2.JPG
LC45.jpg
LC48.jpg

View attachment 1790226

LC52.jpg

Last edited:
@10ga I agree. There is much talk about the market being higher and higher. But all the talk is coming from, all due respect, people with highly priced trucks that are not sold. 100s and 80s. Its all about the perceived value when one owns something. The market value is what they actually sell for, my friend.

Saying this in the best spirit.

And BaT is a different animal altogether. I've had very bad experiences with them and will post a review and story soon.

@10ga I agree. There is much talk about the market being higher and higher. But all the talk is coming from, all due respect, people with highly priced trucks that are not sold. 100s and 80s. Its all about the perceived value when one owns something. The market value is what they actually sell for, my friend.

Saying this in the best spirit.

And BaT is a different animal altogether. I've had very bad experiences with them and will post a review and story soon.

Look forward to your story. Comments are fun to read. I don’t have to sell this vehicle. Given the overall condition I doubt the value will decrease with time. I can enjoy driving it when able.

Great rig and very nice! Do not listen to all these post about 1/2 value etc. I just joined and posted my killer truck last night and my add was erased because of no price. I was just trying to see a value on this site as I finished up putting all the numbers to mine.
I think these guys think they are so hard core and most of what I see on this site are not super nice trucks like yours and mine. I am going to open market and they can either pay my price or no deal. Go build a super clean perfect truck yourself guys!

Great rig and very nice! Do not listen to all these post about 1/2 value etc. I just joined and posted my killer truck last night and my add was erased because of no price. I was just trying to see a value on this site as I finished up putting all the numbers to mine.
I think these guys think they are so hard core and most of what I see on this site are not super nice trucks like yours and mine. I am going to open market and they can either pay my price or no deal. Go build a super clean perfect truck yourself guys!

Sorry that you newbs can't follow the rules as to posting a price in your FS listing.

Mud isn't ebay. And it isn't anyone's personal toilet to take a dump in.

If you can't play by the rules, then have fun on CL!

This rig is now on ebay. The price looks just as ridiculous there as it does here. Doing an oil change then trying to flip it for 50% profit typically doesn't result in favorable first impressions around here.

Sorry for bursting your bubble.

I did not see the rules on a price and a reminder to a new member with a time to react might be a more classy approach. Again most of what I have seen on this sight is not what I am interested in anyway. I will redo my ad with a price and it can sell or not and I dont give a SHT!

Or just follow the forum rules and list an asking price perhaps?

I did not see the rules on a price and a reminder to a new member with a time to react might be a more classy approach. Again most of what I have seen on this sight is not what I am interested in anyway. I will redo my ad with a price and it can sell or not and I dont give a SHT!

If you say you don't care if you sell it or not.....just curious as to why you are trying to sell it?

If you say you don't care if you sell it or not.....just curious as to why you are trying to sell it?

Always a favorite of mine when a seller pushes back with a higher then market price. The "I don't care if you sell it or not" line. And I'm like, so why are we talking?

Simple. I just drove it to the park near my residence and took a few photos. No harm. I don’t have a need to sell which is why I don’t advertise locally. Hoping to sell to an educated buyer willing to take proper care. Thank you.
Proper care like you did? Change the oil once and rotate the tires?
If anyone wants me to look at it I am local, willing to do a complete going over, take pics of any areas, etc.

Interesting choice of roads there where the pics are taken, that's in Veterans Park so not really where you are supposed to drive a car unless CO was working at an event or something.

Also for whatever its worth I have not seen it advertised locally and I have a ton of alerts on popular sites for Cruisers.
Sounds like you googled land cruiser forums and probably have the same post on all of them.

This truck is the best I’ve seen with a rather exhaustive search. Extremely clean.
How convenient that it's the truck you're trying to sell
I don’t pretend to believe one can recoup the original dollar amount of service and parts. My point is this truck has been babied since new. Serviced with rather extensive engine overhaul. I see the value of this truck rising—perhaps you disagree. Thank you for your interest and commentary.
You paid pennies on the dollar, don't act like you paid for that slee invoice, you bought it off a car salesman who probably bent the guy over and he made his profit on you.

Look forward to your story. Comments are fun to read. I don’t have to sell this vehicle. Given the overall condition I doubt the value will decrease with time. I can enjoy driving it when able.
If you don't need to sell it then you came to the right place. The flame is on

Doesn't want to sell it local because he knows if the person is in front of him they will ask why he has sewage spilling from his mouth

Last edited:
I have 3 80-series, 0ne 40th anniversary, 2 LX450s. FL, AZ, and UT. All ship straight to Slee and Slee-serviced/restored. Both Lexus have fewer miles than this. I have $30k+ in each. I would never dream of asking $32k for even my mint 97 LX450 with 117K miles. I was intereseted in this vehicle til I saw the price. $24k maybe.

In my car circles, there are rules of thumb. There is a rule for spending money on aftermarket goodies. You get pennies back on the dollar. It’s a simple rule. But occasionally people trip over this. Usually in the S2000 or Lotus Elise markets.

I guess offer $24,000 and see what he says.

Proper care like you did? Change the oil once and rotate the tires?

Sounds like you googled land cruiser forums and probably have the same post on all of them.

How convenient that it's the truck you're trying to sell

You paid pennies on the dollar, don't act like you paid for that slee invoice, you bought it off a car salesman who probably bent the guy over and he made his profit on you.

If you don't need to sell it then you came to the right place. The flame is on

Doesn't want to sell it local because he knows if the person is in front of him they will ask why he has sewage spilling from his mouth

I don't check the thread for a few days and I return to read quite a few angry comments. One wants to throw me in jail for taking a picture in a specific location (must be a Maxine Watters supporter), and another berates me for not "advertising locally." Is there a Milwaukee-based advertising agency selling Land Cruisers? Perhaps, I don't have time to look. Why would I want to show the vehicle to someone who has no interest in purchasing it? I must be hiding it, correct? You're right, it's garaged in a secure location. The level of distrust and anger is sad. I will continue stopping by the thread in the event someone has a productive comment. Have a pleasant weekend to all.

@Craig Foy - Several members pointed the price required policy to you. Your reply was "make me an offer". Dude, you just blew the classy approach out of the water. Callin ya out.

Someone asked me shortly after posting. You're correct--I forgot to list. The asking price is 31.9. I don't believe I ever said "make me an offer." Where is that documented?

Thomas- My quotes on the browser are not working well. That comment was for @Craig Foy post which was deleted. When several members told him he needed to list a price, he said "make me an offer" and the moderators deleted his post. Then @Craig Foy started posting on your thread.

It isn’t increasing in value without putting more money into it. The 2016 service is already starting to sound old.

Being modded someone will want this to drive. $30k is too much for an engine you might need to tear into in the near future. Maybe with a full rebuilt engine. Is it on the original head gasket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom