For Sale Cleanest LO Miles '97 FJZ with clean MODS on the Market, Service records from NEW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 40th Anniversary Toyota FJZ80 Land Cruiser for sale. I haven't seen a cleaner, lower mileage, tastefully modified Cruiser on the market or on the road.

Addendum (10/20/18):
Asking price: $31,900
Miles: 154k, 10k over past 3 years.

Story: Originally purchased in CO by a gentleman in the oil business. Eventually transported to Oklahoma after visiting Slee Offroad in Golden, CO (modifications below). Over the course of 19 years the truck was lightly driven and, to my knowledge, ever taken off road. The truck was sold to a Toyota dealer in Texas in 2017 where an employee took it home. He rarely drove it and ended up selling it to me to make room for a new SUV. The truck is now for sale because it doesn't fit in my new garage (need 6'10" clearance). Since purchasing the vehicle in early 2018 I changed the oil, balanced the wheels/tires, and had the truck inspected for mechanical faults of which none were found. As you will see in the photographs and maintenance records below, this truck was extremely well cared for and should drive for thousands of miles to come.

Headliner is tight, leather is in excellent shape, dash is amazing with no cracks in leather. Every switch and knob works perfectly, and all dash lights function properly.

EMAIL: twilson3985@gmail.com

Servicing (18K, late 2016):
1. FZFE Heater Hose Service: Drained radiator, replace LHH and hoses at heater valve, replaced coolant. Replaced radiator hoses, coolant hoses, water hose heater, throttle body coolant hose, throttle body. Replaced drive belts (A/C, alternator). Replaced gaskets.
2. Replaced spark plug wires and plugs.
3. Replaced distributor cap and rotor.
4. Serviced center differential lock.
5. Replaced front and rear sway bars, sway bar bushings
6. Replaced tie rods, steering drag link, steering tie rod.
7. Flushed and replaced transmission fluid, drained and filled transfer case
8. Drained and filled brake fluid
9. Replaced OEM fuel tank and gaskets
10. Front axle service, complete
11. Rear axle service, complete

Modifications (late 2016):
1. Old man emu (OME) front and rear coil suspension [OME 2.5" suspension lift]
2. OME front and rear sport shocks
3. OME steering damper
4. SLEE 'shortbus' high clearance front bumper
5. Warn M8000-S winch with synthetic line installed, remote control
6. ARB 7" driving lights with auxiliary switch install
7. SLEE rear bumper with tire carrier and ladder, extreme high lift jack
8. SLEE rock sliders
9. SLEE skid plate
10. 5 17" Toyota TRD wheels with BFG KO2 285/70/17 tires
11. Safari Snorkel
12. Front seat foam replaced

PLEASE email for more photos and service records. Service records from NEW.

LC45.jpg
LC48.jpg
LC1.JPG
LC2.JPG
LC45.jpg
LC48.jpg

View attachment 1790226

LC52.jpg

Last edited:
@DOCBG, thank you for your tutorial on the free market and vintage vehicles. Be that as it may, I see this again and again in various marque forums. Lotus Elises, Honda S2Ks, and in others someone spends a bunch of money on various improvements/tuning/builds and then thinking they will get that money back dollar for dollar. The market has spoken for years on this issue. If you have a medium low miles 80 with 150k miles that is worth say $16k (give or take) and then you add $16,000 of aftermarket parts they end product is never worth $32k (all the money). I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is, but most people don't expect to get half the money back for the cost of the aftermarket parts.

@DOCBG, thank you for your tutorial on the free market and vintage vehicles. Be that as it may, I see this again and again in various marque forums. Lotus Elises, Honda S2Ks, and in others someone spends a bunch of money on various improvements/tuning/builds and then thinking they will get that money back dollar for dollar. The market has spoken for years on this issue. If you have a medium low miles 80 with 150k miles that is worth say $16k (give or take) and then you add $16,000 of aftermarket parts they end product is never worth $32k (all the money). I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is, but most people don't expect to get half the money back for the cost of the aftermarket parts.
That’s what I’m here for;)

Hope this isn’t too off topic, but I’m very interested in mounting the FN f(x) Pro wheels on an 80. Are those really TRD or FN wheels? To get the caps on, are you running spacers? 1.5”?

Would like to know this too. The wheels do look good, but I was under the impression they don’t fit without spacers. Would be nice to confirm.

So what happened to the OP? Haven't seen any more comments from them...

Hope this isn’t too off topic, but I’m very interested in mounting the FN f(x) Pro wheels on an 80. Are those really TRD or FN wheels? To get the caps on, are you running spacers? 1.5”?

Pretty certain it can only be done with 1 1/2" spacers. Especially to get the caps on.

Can you post some current pics inside, out and the underside?

How long was the Land Cruiser in Wisconsin?

Do you have a Carfax you can post or PM the vin and I will run one

I assumed I would receive email alerts for all messages and questions. I was wrong. I have a Carfax from 2016 after which little driving has been done. Please email twilson3985@gmail for additional photos. LC has been in WI for <6months.

This is a nice rig. Any update on interior shots or service records? I can't see this at $32k without some carfax and service records for proof.
Would like to know this too. The wheels do look good, but I was under the impression they don’t fit without spacers. Would be nice to confirm.

Wheels are OEM TRD. Spidertrax 1.5 spacers. I have Carfax revealing service history from new.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I don’t pretend to believe one can recoup the original dollar amount of service and parts. My point is this truck has been babied since new. Serviced with rather extensive engine overhaul. I see the value of this truck rising—perhaps you disagree. Thank you for your interest and commentary.

If anyone wants me to look at it I am local, willing to do a complete going over, take pics of any areas, etc.

Interesting choice of roads there where the pics are taken, that's in Veterans Park so not really where you are supposed to drive a car unless CO was working at an event or something.

Also for whatever its worth I have not seen it advertised locally and I have a ton of alerts on popular sites for Cruisers.

Simple. I just drove it to the park near my residence and took a few photos. No harm. I don’t have a need to sell which is why I don’t advertise locally. Hoping to sell to an educated buyer willing to take proper care. Thank you.

Saw this rig about a year ago advertised in Oklahoma. Looked to be an ad agency principal who owned it. Truly the nicest built 80 I had seen at the time. I really like it and think it is worth a premium. If you wanted to buy a clean 80 and build it like that it would be a time consuming and costly process. Sometimes it is worth it to pay up for excellence. $32 may be a little high but I could see it bringing mid 20’s to the right guy with the cash and no time to waste chasing down parts and shops to build it. Everyone is different. $32 to some folks is just a toy budget.

Hi Thomas- Engine overhaul? Where was that described? "Serviced with rather extensive engine overhaul."? You did not decribe this work that I could see. Did I miss it?

@RKTINC I think you nailed it. Also< I just notices the OP joined the day he posted this listing. This is starting to feel like a flip. Seller, how long have you had the truck?

@RKTINC I think you nailed it. Also< I just notices the OP joined the day he posted this listing. This is starting to feel like a flip. Seller, how long have you had the truck?

In the initial post I described the timeline of events. Ive had the truck since March as a tertiary vehicle—now I have the truck stored because it does not fit in a small old garage at my new residence. I’m not in anything remotely close to the automotive industry, and certainly do not have time to flip cars. Given the lack of space the truck will be posted on EBay or BaT in the coming days. Re engine overhaul—Not performed in terms of cylinder work, complete disassembly. I should have been more specific. Thank you.

Unless I missed it, you will want to let us know if it has lockers, that's a big deal. I've bought, built, and sold a lot of Cruisers over the last 10 years, I'm thinking $20,000 - $23,000. I sold a very well built 80 2 years ago with 165,000 miles for $16,500 but maybe the market has changed more than I've been keeping up with on 80s. Also sold a built to the max 1999 100 series last year with 102,000 miles, it brought $23,500 so that's where I base my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom