For Sale Cleanest LO Miles '97 FJZ with clean MODS on the Market, Service records from NEW (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1997 40th Anniversary Toyota FJZ80 Land Cruiser for sale. I haven't seen a cleaner, lower mileage, tastefully modified Cruiser on the market or on the road.

Addendum (10/20/18):
Asking price: $31,900
Miles: 154k, 10k over past 3 years.

Story: Originally purchased in CO by a gentleman in the oil business. Eventually transported to Oklahoma after visiting Slee Offroad in Golden, CO (modifications below). Over the course of 19 years the truck was lightly driven and, to my knowledge, ever taken off road. The truck was sold to a Toyota dealer in Texas in 2017 where an employee took it home. He rarely drove it and ended up selling it to me to make room for a new SUV. The truck is now for sale because it doesn't fit in my new garage (need 6'10" clearance). Since purchasing the vehicle in early 2018 I changed the oil, balanced the wheels/tires, and had the truck inspected for mechanical faults of which none were found. As you will see in the photographs and maintenance records below, this truck was extremely well cared for and should drive for thousands of miles to come.

Headliner is tight, leather is in excellent shape, dash is amazing with no cracks in leather. Every switch and knob works perfectly, and all dash lights function properly.

EMAIL: twilson3985@gmail.com

Servicing (18K, late 2016):
1. FZFE Heater Hose Service: Drained radiator, replace LHH and hoses at heater valve, replaced coolant. Replaced radiator hoses, coolant hoses, water hose heater, throttle body coolant hose, throttle body. Replaced drive belts (A/C, alternator). Replaced gaskets.
2. Replaced spark plug wires and plugs.
3. Replaced distributor cap and rotor.
4. Serviced center differential lock.
5. Replaced front and rear sway bars, sway bar bushings
6. Replaced tie rods, steering drag link, steering tie rod.
7. Flushed and replaced transmission fluid, drained and filled transfer case
8. Drained and filled brake fluid
9. Replaced OEM fuel tank and gaskets
10. Front axle service, complete
11. Rear axle service, complete

Modifications (late 2016):
1. Old man emu (OME) front and rear coil suspension [OME 2.5" suspension lift]
2. OME front and rear sport shocks
3. OME steering damper
4. SLEE 'shortbus' high clearance front bumper
5. Warn M8000-S winch with synthetic line installed, remote control
6. ARB 7" driving lights with auxiliary switch install
7. SLEE rear bumper with tire carrier and ladder, extreme high lift jack
8. SLEE rock sliders
9. SLEE skid plate
10. 5 17" Toyota TRD wheels with BFG KO2 285/70/17 tires
11. Safari Snorkel
12. Front seat foam replaced

PLEASE email for more photos and service records. Service records from NEW.

LC45.jpg
LC48.jpg
LC1.JPG
LC2.JPG
LC45.jpg
LC48.jpg

View attachment 1790226

LC52.jpg

Last edited:
Tagging in.

Sellers 1st post and just joined today...

Diff locks?

Hyperbole Alert

"This salsa's made in... New York City?!!"

Curious

I think it is still an inaccurate valuation. One one starts spending money on parts for a truck or a high performance car, you never get back what you put into it. Not even 1/4. This looks like all the work is baked into the price. And then there is a matter of records/carfax.

I think it is still an inaccurate valuation. One one starts spending money on parts for a truck or a high performance car, you never get back what you put into it. Not even 1/4. This looks like all the work is baked into the price. And then there is a matter of records/carfax.
Well, it doesn’t matter what us “experts” think. It’s what the market thinks and what one person is willing to pay. I’ve spent 7k, 14k and 35k on 80’s. It’s all someone’s cup of tea.

If anyone wants me to look at it I am local, willing to do a complete going over, take pics of any areas, etc.

Interesting choice of roads there where the pics are taken, that's in Veterans Park so not really where you are supposed to drive a car unless CO was working at an event or something.

Also for whatever its worth I have not seen it advertised locally and I have a ton of alerts on popular sites for Cruisers.

FWIW I hope they sell it for 35k. Lol. Might inspire me to fix up my 40th more. Hahaha.

FWIW I hope they sell it for 35k. Lol. Might inspire me to fix up my 40th more. Hahaha.

Agree - That would show the where the ceiling is at and might be time for a new project....

The seller also doesn't know how "cheap" we are on mud. He could possibly get close to that in the open market like Ebay, where buyers are not as knowledgeable or discriminating. They see tire shine and low miles, and "bam", buy it now....

It does look like a clean rig, though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom