Clean 62 Build Advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I appreciate the link to the harness... but which configuration did you purchase?

And did you purchase the hella housing and bulbs from the same website? If so, do you have details/links of those?

Lastly would love to see the Baja Design fog/driving lights you purchased.

I, like you, would love a lighting upgrade, but I'm not ready to drop a paycheck on the lights, even though I know they're important... just need to get the stock-ish stuff working as well as possible...
I purchased the harness and the bulbs from that site. I’d call him, he was very knowledgeable. Here is the part number for the fj62 harness: HL28202FJ62
For the (4) fixtures I got them from Napa, they were cheap and my insurance (AAA) gives you a discount, so it was a lot cheaper or I would have got them from him. Here is the part number for those on the Napa site: BK 7358935
The fog lights are the squadron. I got the SAE version which has a street legal lense but I believe you just changed the lenses to go for a different pattern.
I’ll dig up some pictures. I will say the combo isn’t cheap but the halogen and harness alone is a great upgrade and I believe more functional than the LEDs (easily repairable & some bulb options), unless the LEDs are repairable? The harness can handle the 100w bulbs which would make them even brighter but I had no need for that. I hope that helps.

We just got our Holley squares in for a 62.....waited a long time for them to get here. We'll try to get them in next week. Not sure how the wiring will be but not overly concerned. These will be able to run as 4 low beams and 4 high beams which is pretty cool.
View attachment 3046497View attachment 3046498
Any update on this? Are you still planning on making a thread?

Any update on this? Are you still planning on making a thread?
Haven't started back on that truck....I'll for sure do a thread once we get it into the shop. I'll link it on here. Maybe next week we'll have a look at them.

We just got our Holley squares in for a 62.....waited a long time for them to get here. We'll try to get them in next week. Not sure how the wiring will be but not overly concerned. These will be able to run as 4 low beams and 4 high beams which is pretty cool.
View attachment 3046497View attachment 3046498
How are you liking these?

I’ve been waiting for a classic looking LED that is high quality and reasonably priced.

I have done the ARB/IPF upgraded harness and Hella h1/h4 conversion so I don’t think the install will be hard on my truck since I already solved the high beam indicator issue. Honestly, this setup is great and would be tough to beat— the euro beam pattern helps a lot.

Last edited:
i’ve tried all sorts of lights on my truck. what i can say is pay once for jw speaker and be done with them. they are awesome. there are some good threads about building a conversion harness but it’s pretty easy and cheap. the lights aren’t but they are worth it if you drive at night.

i also did an h55 swap. i think it makes the truck even more fun to drive and does increase its performance but that’s my preference. i found the original seats killed my back on long trips. i did the bmw swap and really like them but there are other seat options out there too. i’m 6’2” and 210lbs so i may be a different size and shape than you but it’s an upgrade i recommend.

as others have said don’t let the internet spend your money. the rest are toys. fun and look good yes but really just toys. most important thing is baseline it make it reliable and love the ride! mine makes me smile every day i drive it. (and it’s my daily driver)

View attachment 3044955
Lots of great posts on this forum, but I agree 100% with everything said here.

I have an H55 in my 60 and regeared to 4.10. What a difference!!

I have some more upgrades planned, but scheel-man seats are on the short list for me…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom