CLC Tools and Shop Thread (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Okay, lots of good guesses and it could probably be used for several of these chores but... It's just a cotter pin puller. Who knew there was a tool for that?

Well I'll be. Yep, I am with you on not knowing there was a tool for that.

Very cool. Have you tried it out?

Not yet but I am looking forward to it.

I'm sure some of y'all, like me, struggle with clean organization of sockets in the shop toolbox. The Westling Machining socket trays are by far the best ones made. Machined out of anodized Aluminum and laser engraved for each socket sized each tray has two rows of the same size, one for standard depth and one row for deep well. My toolbox's socket drawer is now so organized.

Billet Aluminum Socket Organizing Trays

IMG_1462.JPG

Yep, gonna have to get some of those.

I'm sure some of y'all, like me, struggle with clean organization of sockets in the shop toolbox. The Westling Machining socket trays are by far the best ones made. Machined out of anodized Aluminum and laser engraved for each socket sized each tray has two rows of the same size, one for standard depth and one row for deep well. My toolbox's socket drawer is now so organized.

View attachment 1467616

definitely like those

That's cool and all, but I much prefer the locking twist type. Very handy, especially when you need to take your sockets with you somewhere.

View attachment 1467616

good info, I'll have to a acquire some of these.

That's cool and all, but I much prefer the locking twist type. Very handy, especially when you need to take your sockets with you somewhere.

I keep a separate back-up with a couple of the locking types for the tool bag in the 100....or whatever I'm driving.....;)

I know Craftsmen has become a Chinese turd... but it sure is convenient when you have one close by. Needed to pull the backup switch and made this out of a 1-1/16 socket:

IMG_4127.JPG

Well power is back....mostly. 220 was still out and this place is anything but up to code. DIY built in 42. Following wires from panel to under house lead me here. Ha. You can learn something new each day! Had never dealt with fuses and was only slightly nervous till studdying knife switch setup. Still jumped when well pump kicked on as i made my first move ha

Gotta love old ass hardware stores for the $2 rescue

IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2102.JPG

Craigslist score! $50 Delta Drill press
Looks to be a 1965. Heavy AF

And the vise was a gift from a mudder from his Mothers recently deceased partner. Columbian brand made in USA; now wire wheeled greased and red epoxied ...... ready for another 50 yrs.

IMG_2125.JPG

Craigslist score! $50 Delta Drill press
Looks to be a 1965. Heavy AF

And the vise was a gift from a mudder from his Mothers recently deceased partner. Columbian brand made in USA; now wire wheeled greased and red epoxied ...... ready for another 50 yrs.

View attachment 1471860

Good score. The old delta power tools are some of my favorite. I almost scored a old delta vertical bandsaw for a heck of a deal the other day but some guy beat me too it by literally two hours.

Three 6 Hybrids picked up a new floor jack for the carport at Harbor Freight of all places. 3 ton, low profile, tall lift, long reach, lifts quick, drops smooth, rolls/maneuvers like a racecar, picks up 1/2 a hunnit by the frame with ease. It’s got about 500 grease zerks on it.

Even found a coupon that expired today that worked.

Here’s a 51 page thread comparing it to an identical $600 Chinese-made Snap-On model at over 3x the cost... Harbor Freight 3 Ton Daytona Jack Versus Snap On FJ300 Jack - The Garage Journal Board

Two thumbs up so far.

323A443F-CBB1-4181-BAEA-C8992DD1D902.jpeg

0F4107FC-805D-44A5-AA8A-66296873CCFD.jpeg

1B5EEAA4-4DD5-4AB6-B881-5056F67D7564.jpeg

90E99944-BEF4-4A4C-B9E6-33F71FC27640.jpeg

A3F27691-B2AF-4397-8E73-90FDFB6551DB.jpeg

Just noticed there’s a MF’n grease zerk peepin out from behind the rim...

61C6F607-F0E6-4A93-92C9-4224EFEF8128.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom