CLC Tools and Shop Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I thought you were a fan of battery powered tools?

Well, there is a time and place for corded power. It's all about fit for purpose.

Random ? Are all the threaded jack-stands I see in @jrob's builds all custom fabricated? If so I get the plate and angles part, but where do you get the threaded rod and pipe, or is that just off the shelf stuff as well? And if they aren't fab'd, where did they come from. I see them taller for use with 2-post lifts, but haven't seen any of the various heights you guys have.

Great blower

Yeah. Likely better as a blower than it's replacement but I got a two-fer with this one

IMG_4647.JPG

Random ? Are all the threaded jack-stands I see in @jrob's builds all custom fabricated? If so I get the plate and angles part, but where do you get the threaded rod and pipe, or is that just off the shelf stuff as well? And if they aren't fab'd, where did they come from. I see them taller for use with 2-post lifts, but haven't seen any of the various heights you guys have.

Just guessing here but most fabricated stands just use a length of large all-thread and a nut welded to the base. You just make them whatever height you think you will need.

Yeah. Likely better as a blower than it's replacement but I got a two-fer with this one

Are you going to do your own mosquito spraying? If so, please educate me. It's own my list of things to figure out.

Yea. I've been paying about $700 a year to have it done. I'm taking over the operation this year.

That is a new model. The SR450 does Liquid and powder. I just needed liquid.

It's the industry standard backpack blower with a 3.7 gallon tank.

IMG_4658.JPG

8 oz of this into the tank. It's a good heavy dose.

Took about 10 minutes to empty the tank. I sprayed all around my house and along the lake and my shop.

Should be good for 20 days.

Chemical is $36 and that's 3 months worth.

Blower was $650

I wore a paper mask and shorts and tshirt. Not enough. I'll be getting a respirator and wear a jumpsuit from here on out. That s*** is a nerve agent and I felt like s*** for an hour after.

Cool.

I paid more than that for the annual service last year, and the service was terrible. My neighbor was spraying around his house last night in shorts and a t-shirt with no mask at all. I'll see if he was using the same chemical.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom