Events/Trails Classic Cruize 4 Walnut Canyon make sure MLK weekend is open Saturday January 16th (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Since i planned classic cruize last year i thought i would plan the 2021 installment. This will be the 4th classic cruise. And they are usually very well received and a good showcase for the older land cruisers pickups and 4runners. Last i learned that doing it in late April was crazy hot. I thought January would be a welcome change. As with these runs in the past this is going to be a true classic cruise 89 and older Toyota 4wheel drive. It will have the usual commemorative sticker and a door prize to be announced later. But I will say this that it will have something to do with one of my old leaf springs from when i did a lift on my 40.🤔😉🔪 I am thinking that it will be on the hat monday Monday January 18 but can also be done on the 16th. Which ever gets the biggest turn out. This will be family friendly and will have time for lunch. It should be right in between Phoenix and Tucson.
Screenshot_20201213-162803_Messages.jpg

Last edited:
I’ll be at this one for sure

🤔😉🔪 I am thinking that it will be on the hat monday Monday January 18 but can also be done on the 16th.
I've heard of Fat Tuesday - hat monday is new to me tho . . . :doctor:

Last edited:
In!

I believe that I have found the trail that I would like to do for this years installment of the Classic Cruize. It is 9.5 miles south of Superior. OnX offroad and the guide to Arizona backroads trail guide rate it as a moderate. There is one steep rocky area but it still gets a blue rated trail. It is 5-6 hours and 20 miles long and goes from 177 to the Gila river and back. Given the time it sounds like an all day affair bring a lunch. Meet up will be in Superior for the final fuel fill up and resupplying. There is a staging area on Battle Axe Road where airing down can happen.

here is a link from youtube of the trail.

Last edited:
I believe that I have found the trail that I would like to do for this years installment of the Classic Cruize. It is 9.5 miles south of Superior. OnX offroad and the guide to Arizona backroads trail guide rate it as a moderate. There is one steep rocky area but it still gets a blue rated trail. It is 5-6 hours and 20 miles long and goes from 177 to the Gila river and back. Given the time it sounds like an all day affair bring a lunch. Meet up will be in Superior for the final fuel fill up and resupplying. There is a staging area on Battle Axe Road where airing down can happen.

here is a link from youtube of the trail.

Which day are we thinking? Just want to put it in the calendar.

Which day are we thinking? Just want to put it in the calendar.
which works better Saturday January 16th or Monday January 18th?

Walnut Canyon trail is a good choice - we even took a novice FJ Cruiser down years ago as we picked him up along the trail; he wasn't so sure what was happening to him, but managed just fine :hillbilly: :lol:

Last edited:
HOLLY CRAP THIS IS JUST ABOUT A MONTH AWAY.

What is the best time to meet up for this? Realizing that it is still in the middle of "winter" and also that it is about a 5-6 hour run. There will be an opportunity to stop and have lunch. I also don't foresee this changing between now and then face shields and masks are highly encouraged. I always drive with a gaiter when off roading just to give me an air filter from the dust. I am not going to say that if you don't want to wear a mask or face covering you can't come just recommend that you have them.

And the sticker design is in. I was selling some parts and was shipping them out and ran into an other guy (he was actually waiting out side the post office by my 40) who has a 78 40 series. After a conversation he asked me to work on his cruiser and come to find out he owns a printing company. Long story short he agreed to do some printing and i would do some free work. After further ado here it is.
Screenshot_20201213-162803_Messages.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom