Events/Trails Classic Cruize 4 Walnut Canyon make sure MLK weekend is open Saturday January 16th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Since this is on a Saturday anyone want to camp that night out there? Not aure what time the trail run will end but figure id throw it out there.
I'll be camping the entire weekend . . .

There is a wash near the start of the road that can fit a lot of trucks. It isn't real scenic but its close to 177. There are a lot of other open areas in the vicinity. I've camped just outside of Superior in a dozen spots on Tonto Forest and State Trust land.
1608618032796.png

1608618520377.png

I was thinking of meeting at the trail head at 9 ( unless the collective brain trust thinks that is too early). From Tucson you can stop in Kearny for last minute things and to top off fuel tanks. Likewise from Phoenix you can get your last minute items in Superior then head on down to the trail. Thanks @Stepmurr for the information.

so it sounds like Sat 1/16/21 @ 9 AM @ SR177/N Battle Axe (staging a few hundred feet west).
Cool! We'll try to and be there with the 88 62.

i will probable be coming up early Saturday morning. I have a kids hockey game the night before and maybe have my parents in town so my dad might come with me. So I am going to be leaving 6:30 Saturday morning from my house. In the past we have done the beyond bread Oracle and Ina to caravan.

Anybody bringing kiddos? I am planning on bringing my 6 year old twins. I also have a family dinner that night at 5pm so I may have to keep a tidy schedule. Can't wait to hit the trail again with you guys.

Anybody bringing kiddos? I am planning on bringing my 6 year old twins. I also have a family dinner that night at 5pm so I may have to keep a tidy schedule. Can't wait to hit the trail again with you guys.
my 11 yr. old maybe my 6 yr. old daughter

Im not from around here... But would love to join the group if a 97LX450 would be considered... maybe get a pass for this one. We are at KOA in Eloy and this looks close... I own 3 cruisers 89 and older....just did not drag one with... Would love to connect with yall. But understand the rules.

Officially I have to say no ( or last year there were others from CSC that were on the same trail at the same time just coincidentally) however if you don't mind riding shotgun with some one that would be fine. If that is something you wanted to do and some one was accommodating that could be done.

Im not from around here... But would love to join the group if a 97LX450 would be considered... maybe get a pass for this one. We are at KOA in Eloy and this looks close... I own 3 cruisers 89 and older....just did not drag one with... Would love to connect with yall. But understand the rules.
There are several members that have multiple old cruisers (including a brand new member). Perhaps you can arrange a one day rental of some old iron . . .

Thanks fellas, I completly understand. And appreciate the replies. Ill scope out the trail another time while we are in town. And look forward to seeing the pics etc. Headed to Wickenburg today to check out that area.

Just a PSA to do a good once over on your vehicle. I did an oil change and noticed all 4 of my front drive shaft bolts were lose. I think I do a pretty good jobat up keeping my stuff so iwas surprised when I saw that but definitely glad i did.

Officially I have to say no ( or last year there were others from CSC that were on the same trail at the same time just coincidentally)

;)

ChaseTruck is planning on riding our LX450 a half hour or so behind the group, because he is bringing tools just in case something happens to my 40, and the LX also has an on-board air compressor

plus, the LX450 could serve as my warm-up vehicle on the way home if it snows or somesuch :princess:

SHREG - get the idea ?

Last edited:
;)

ChaseTruck is planning on riding our LX450 a half hour or so behind the group, because he is bringing tools just in case something happens to my 40, and the LX also has an on-board air compressor

plus, the LX450 could serve as my warm-up vehicle on the way home if it snows or somesuch :princess:

SHREG - get the idea ?

;)

and the LX450 could serve as my warm-up vehicle on the way home if it snows or somesuch :princess:

SHREG - get the idea ?
that is a good idea like i said just "coincidentally" at the same time and same place @SHREG

I appreciate yall. We had made alternate plans with friends in the area.. Not Cruiser related :-( However, We may run out there on the 23rd for a KOH shakedown run. Dropping LX off with Rich today for a spa day, or 3...

LX will be in good hands :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom