Chuck box/camp kitchen (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of Toolboxes, I used an aluminum truck box turned on its side. Added a few hardboard dividers and a sterilite drawer kit, and voila'

IMG_20140804_063945.jpg

This looks like a great simple set up! Thought I'd add it to this thread.

!doh!

They should have mentioned this isn't the first RR standard issue picnic set they made. They even had table and chair sets in the past.

I like it! The combination of bamboo, aluminum & stainless steel is well thought out and looks like it will do well. My only concern is the base. While looking very sturdy, it's been mentioned before about various setups - setting up on a hard uneven surface could be a problem. In your instructions you warn:
  1. Place the platform unit at a spot of your choice on firm, level ground.
    Alter the ground by wedging pieces of wood or rock under the unsupported legs to avoid wobbling.
    It is very important for the safety of operation that the Kitchen stands level and stable!
Individual adjustable legs such as on the Trail Kitchen might be an idea to incorporate for future versions.

:)

Yes!

Therefore I always put 4 adjustable feet in the drawer to attach underneath your stove.
It is not possible to attach something like that to the kitchen, it wouldn’t fit in-between the rest of mine/the cases anymore.

Anyway, our experience is that it is no problem to find or create a solid base for the kitchen.

Good you mentioned it!

Hans,

I LIKE. A LOT! How does one go about getting one of these?

Stumbled upon this surfing last night (midnight). I 've since found sources (ebay, amazon, mil suppliers, etc.) But nothing readily comes up of that box WITH the legs. Please, moar info! I love this setup, simple, functional, stong, straight sides...

I'll dig more into this thread but I wanted to immediatly put out the props and ask the questions..
Where'd you source yours and are the legs part of the kit? they sure look like they're made for the kit, they atach to the latches and look to square it and support the table well...

Stumbled upon this surfing last night (midnight). I 've since found sources (ebay, amazon, mil suppliers, etc.) But nothing readily comes up of that box WITH the legs. Please, moar info! I love this setup, simple, functional, stong, straight sides...

I'll dig more into this thread but I wanted to immediatly put out the props and ask the questions..
Where'd you source yours and are the legs part of the kit? they sure look like they're made for the kit, they atach to the latches and look to square it and support the table well...

Love that simple set up too. I think I recall reading that it might have been an old/retired Army medic case set up. If you find a source, PM me as I will buy one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom