Charlottesville, Va Roll Call? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

been on mud awhile, but just now saw there was a cville thread. I rock a 89' fj62 white, been restoring it for a few years. I live right near the University, but always down for a trail or meet up! I've seen a few 62s in the area, but anyone else out there with a 60/62?
Hey I saw you needed some parts for your cruiser. Saw some on Craigslist. Hope this helps

White with some I think blue pinstripes, usually parked near the laundromat by the stadium?
nah, just plain white no stripes. I am back behind the corner normally parked off grady. I have seen the one you are talking about though, its been at that exxon a few times I think?

But be prepared, worst case senario is that the head is cracked and you need a replacement. For my 2f I found one for a couple hund but some of the asking prices around the country 300-800.00 plus shipping. Get the toyota head gasket kit (bought mine from partsouq) take the kit to him so he can get the valve stem seals or guides or whatever else he needs out of it.
James O Fowler in Palmyra, VA - Listing Details. He's an older guy and owns his own shop. Usually a late riser but knows his business.
I called that # earlier today, said the phoneline wasn't connected anymore 🤷🏾‍♂️. Have y'all heard of Lonnie or Vincent Fowler? Son and father build drag strip engines. They're supposedly related to James. Wonder if they'd be able to rebuild my head?

Yes that's right. He did my head work in June this year so I assume he's still working. Just go talk to him and let him know what you want to do. Then when you get the head gasekt kit, pull the head and bring it to him. He can do it in a few days.

Yes that's right. He did my head work in June this year so I assume he's still working. Just go talk to him and let him know what you want to do. Then when you get the head gasekt kit, pull the head and bring it to him. He can do it in a few days.
Oh sweet. Small world. One of his relatives used to work with my dad at Klöckner. I'll have to stop by there after one of my classes. Also is there a slight chance a head rebuild will improve my mpg at all? 😂Because this cold weather has dropped me down by 2 mpg

Also would this be his shop right here?
Screenshot_20191119-141847_Maps.jpg

Very cheap...less than 200.00 but he did say he was helping me out with the price. I used to work with a long time friend of his. That's why I say go talk to him. Tell him you'll bring him the head and gasket set and ask him what he thinks he could do it for. He knows what he's doing, will deck the head, check the valves, put new valve stem seals, magnaflux...etc.

Very cheap...less than 200.00 but he did say he was helping me out with the price. I used to work with a long time friend of his. That's why I say go talk to him. Tell him you'll bring him the head and gasket set and ask him what he thinks he could do it for. He knows what he's doing, will deck the head, check the valves, put new valve stem seals, magnaflux...etc.
Ok that's awesome, so everything should hopefully definitely be under $1500 then

I'm also assuming on top of the engine rebuild kit, I should get all new vacuum tubes and such?

Y'all I think I've been using too thick oil this whole time. Just checked the oil level. And the oil level hasn't moved in 378 miles since I added 10W40 to the 15w-40 that was already in there. I'm gonna experiment and see which oil gets me the best reduction in oil consumption. This gives me hope

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom