CB/ Ham Mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.google.it
Lets see pictures of how you have mounted up Ham and or CB radios. I am planning on installing a Cobra 18 into the dash under my single DIN head unit. Looking for pictures of the Radio mounting inside the trucks

Last edited:
thanks @93yotasr5 I was more referencing installations of the Radio inside the trucks

I went with the Midland 75-822 because it's a compact all-in-one unit. Installed it a year ago and I've used it many times with no complaints. Old pic from when I still had the wood grain on the center console and was in the middle of replacing my radio but you get the idea.

Connector in Dash.jpg

Here are a couple pics of my Yaesu FT-8800 install. I removed the worthless flip-down sunglass holder and made a bracket to hold the faceplate. The main radio box is mounted to the back side of the mesh grill for the factory subwoofer in the back cargo area. The subwoofer was removed and replaced with another sub that I have built into my rear storage system, but there are several places you can mount the small box back there if you get creative.

IMG_3232.jpg

I fabbed up a really simple metal bracket and the face plate is rock solid. The mic extension is routed down the passenger A-pillar and out trough the dash in front of the shifter. The antenna was mounted on a Labrak mount in the back. Sound quality is great.

IMG_3234.jpg

IMG_3235.jpg

The audio coming out of the back cargo area behind the panel sucked, so I added this speaker I bought off Amazon. Super cheap, sounds great, and fits the pocket in the door like a glove. It fires straight up at me, is totally out of the way, and the sound is much better than I expected for the price I paid. Overall, one of the cleanest install jobs I've done. Really happy with how it all turned out.

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

Thanks! I like the affordable HAM radio set up @SmoothLC

I put my Kenwood radio under the passenger seat where the factory amp was.
IMAG1527_1.jpg

The control wires are run to the center console area.
IMAG1529_1.jpg

Since the tiny Kenwood speaker was now under the passenger seat, I added an external speaker above the accelerator pedal.
IMAG1528_1.jpg

Although not an ideal location for a speaker, it works well and is 100% out of the way.

I also have the Midland 75-822 CB I pull out of the center console when necessary. I have a coax cable terminated at the ashtray for the CB that extends to the rear cargo area that I can easily attach a magnetic antenna to. This works great since I rarely need a CB.

Last edited:
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
Here is my CB install

The Cobra 18 is perfect for the single din slot.....with front fire mic connector and speaker. Once my Uniden XL finally dies I'll do that route. I have a bit of $$$ tied up in the radio from the old days, along with a couple different mics. This was all my pre-amateur radio days

Presently it is bungy-corded to the rear of the console, pretty hokie, but I can hear it fine and it doesn't interfere with rear seat occupants.

Love this setup. I have a radio with a similar face so this could work for me too. Is it mounted directly to the ash tray and wired through it?

In the center console with a $6 external speaker mounted under the seat.

20180311_041003.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom