Car-Top-Tents for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Talked to mel about an hour ago. Got me a tent:) I totally forgot to ask how many were left. Sorry. While I was on the phone with him, his other line rang 3 times. He said he hasn't been answering too many calls as he has been in the back trying to arrange shipping for all the tents he has sold so far. Mine should leave today as well. 90% of his calls in the last two days have been about these tents and he said he has been shocked by the number of calls linked to ih8mud. It sounds like he's selling them in the order that people have been calling in. He apologized for not returning calls and emails. He's swamped.

arcteryx said:
Mel spoke about that system too and sent me the link http://www.quik-n-easyproducts.com/
I have not had a chance to look at it yet.

:doh: I didn't realize I could reach him at that number...

I guess I just assumed that he was some distributor/sales guy.

I called -- he was out to lunch...so I left a message...sent an email yesterday, but haven't heard back yet.

When I hear from him, I'll ask how many he's got left.

What number are you guys calling..
Is there a Number I can use from Canada

Mel just called me back. Seems like a great guy. Like you all said, he's just been absolutely swamped by the response.

He's sold a bunch.

He told me that he'd call me back later today or early tomorrow with a count of how many he has left.

When he calls me back, I'll post up how many he says he has left.

1990 LJ78 said:
What number are you guys calling..
Is there a Number I can use from Canada

I don't know about calling from Canuckia...I called - 1.800.919.9013 and got to their office. check out their webpage for other possible numbers.

Mel said that he has had at least one person from Western Canada and even one from Nova Scotia. The 866 number is toll free isn't it? I thought they worked in Canada?

Just paid for mine. I hope you guys can get one too. I'll post some picks after I get it!!!

spoke with Mel , and paid mine today. I forgot to ask him how many more available.

QUESTION: Looked at the quick & easy, Thule and Yakima rack systems... ALL say they have a 165lb capacity. Now, the tent weight is 118lb, and it can hold 2 adults and 2 kids.. but by simple mathematics, any kid over 47lbs would put the setup over the capacity of the rack. How the heck is this supposed to work? (I know, a great question to ask after paying for and ordering the thing)

that's a dynamic load capacity. When camped you are static and therefor the bars can hold more than the advertised load.

when I get mine, I am going to look at fabricating a rack. Something like the hannibal rack. I will keep everyone posted. The only thing is that I was not ready to buy my tent and rack yet so I am low on dinero.

It was a deal that I could not pass up. So I had to pull the trigger. And I know you all understand!

The debate for me is between this and an Oz Tent. I'm a little concerned about putting the tent + me + a second person up on top of a 40. That would be about 525lbs all said and done.

Anyone have any experience with using these on the 40 series.

I tried the 1-800 number a few times but no go..
Any other number ?? Web site only has a fax besides 1-800 #..

Any one got another number??

817-676-9006

Thanks Alf.

BMAN said:
that's a dynamic load capacity. When camped you are static and therefor the bars can hold more than the advertised load.
Mel said basically the same thing when he called today to give me my tracking number, and added that the ladder distributes the load to some degree also so it wouldnt be an issue. I think my new plan is to run this up top, and a back door tent so 2 can sleep very comfortably upstairs & the other 2 can sleep inside the truck. Since this will mainly be for beach camping and events with no local motels (like TDS) it will serve our needs well. Once I get a trailer it will move to it so I can drop it and wheel without the top end weight. Now I just need to find a good but very reasonable military trailer or set of plans to build my own out of tube (seems I saw someone or some company making a round tube frame off road trailer, if I could just find the site or thread!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom