Car-Top-Tents for sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

calphi27 said:
Make sure you show her the website that has the original price. That is what I did and she said "wow what a deal!"

Now you are thinking! I may just be able to pull this off yet:D

Skillet said:
Just in case any of you who get this tent are going to use Yakimas like me, there is one little issue you need to address.

The U shaped mounting brackets on the bottom of the tent that fit over the bars are sorta' close together which leads to the tent sliding from drivers side to passenger side when you go around turns.

Hope it saves a you guys a little time.

Skillet,

Your missing two parts to your tent.. My tent that arrived friday had to small ubolts that are meant to be installed on the front bar outside the integrated mounts on the tent. This keeps the tent from moving side to side. I plan on adding two on the rear as well as overkill.

ALF

alf said:
Skillet,

Your missing two parts to your tent.. My tent that arrived friday had to small ubolts that are meant to be installed on the front bar outside the integrated mounts on the tent. This keeps the tent from moving side to side. I plan on adding two on the rear as well as overkill.

ALF

%#@!

Guess that is what I get for buying out of someone's garage.

Oh well, I am happy with my fix.

I'll consider myself lucky if by chance there is ONE MEASLEY TENT left for me! (emailed and phoned him). Keeping my fingers crossed.

huntsonora said:
Letus,

where are you located?

Drum

uhhh...close to Laredo or San Antonio Texas?

:D

Mel replied to my email -- I sent one a while back...he's going through email order. I got the reply yesterday. He said that he had a few left...

:)

NorCalDoug said:
uhhh...close to Laredo or San Antonio Texas?

:D

Mel replied to my email -- I sent one a while back...he's going through email order. I got the reply yesterday. He said that he had a few left...

:)

That leaves about 160 miles of country in between. If I am going to ask my dad to go pick up a tent I need to know where the guy lives.

Drum

im in Laredo Texas, and also go to san antonio preety often so
i can take it there with me if it works better .only thing is that
i wont be in san antonio till 2 weeks from now.
i do have some people that want this tent so first payment gets it.

thanks

pick up mine today at the freight dock (will call). I did this way to save me few bucks.

Mines is also headed for a freight dock. Couple questions for those of you that have picked theirs up. Does it fit inside the cruiser? What kind of packaging does it come in? Would I need a trailer? Maybe on top of the roof rack.

For installation - how many cross bars can be attached to the bottom? Are round bars or square bars better? Does the base flex if it's only support by 2 bars? Anybody devise a method of removing the car-top-tent when not in use beside the 2-person lift method? Thanks all

Tony

Mine got to the dock in Salt Lake today and they called and said they couldn't bring it down to me for a few days. Yep I went and picked it up. The box barely fits into the back of the 80 with the middle seats folded down. I picked up the thule 300 feet at REI 20% off this week. Currently the tent is set up in my living room. My two kids are going to think its Christmas in the morning. The Wife even asked if she could leave it up for the kids to play in tomarrow. I was hoping to get out this weekend, but it's not looking good. Like has been said, for the most part it looks fairly well built. From what a few people have said I was a little worried about the tent material quality. I would consider it a mid grade material. I own tents that are better and others that are a ton worse( I'm a scout master, Lots of tents). I'll get it mounted on the 80 tomarrow and give it a stability test. I'm excited.

Got my shipping quote from Mel this morning..
I'm getting a tent.
Now to get a roof rack to put it on.

There are brackets on the bottom for two cross bars. These brackets are set in to wards the middle and are 28 inches apart. Additional bars can be put outward of these for additional support. I don't know if they are needed but certainly would not hurt and would also spread the load.

Square bars would give more contact with the bottom of the tent but not sure if it matters.

I pulley system from the roof of your garage would be the easiest one man system for removal. I don't see one person off loading this tent by themselves with much ease. I guess you could slide it off one side catching the bottom and brining it down to the ground gently. The issue is going to be the side of the truck as the far end clears the bars. Think of it like trying to get a 128 pound over sized twin mattress off the top of your truck.

Greddy0 said:
For installation - how many cross bars can be attached to the bottom? Are round bars or square bars better? Does the base flex if it's only support by 2 bars? Anybody devise a method of removing the car-top-tent when not in use beside the 2-person lift method? Thanks all

Tony

Hello guys, we at Car Top Tent want to thank you for choosing CAR TOP TENT as your vehicle roof top tent of choice. We do want to apologize to all of you for the delay on getting shipping quotes for the tents and for any questions that you may have asked. We have been overwhelmed with your demand for the tent and truly appreciate it. We will have enough tents for all of you. Please bare with us, we have had some trouble in getting the quotes back from our freightliners. We are running a week or two behind schedule. We do ask that if you do not hear from us via email or phone by Friday, please send us an email telling us so. We are working on your orders at this time and will be contacting you in the order that you called or emailed.
Thank you again and don’t forget to email us your pictures of your adventures using our Car Top Tent.

Kind Regards,

Mel
CAR TOP TENT

venadoloco said:
Hello guys, we at Car Top Tent want to thank you for choosing CAR TOP TENT as your vehicle roof top tent of choice. We do want to apologize to all of you for the delay on getting shipping quotes for the tents and for any questions that you may have asked. We have been overwhelmed with your demand for the tent and truly appreciate it. We will have enough tents for all of you. Please bare with us, we have had some trouble in getting the quotes back from our freightliners. We are running a week or two behind schedule. We do ask that if you do not hear from us via email or phone by Friday, please send us an email telling us so. We are working on your orders at this time and will be contacting you in the order that you called or emailed.
Thank you again and don’t forget to email us your pictures of your adventures using our Car Top Tent.

Kind Regards,

Mel
CAR TOP TENT

GREAT NEWS!!!

I owned my tent prior to this deal coming through and rather than being bummed that I payed more than everyone else, I'm totally stoked that you guys are getting such a great deal.

Good on ya Mel for puting this deal together for all of us here.

Please let us know when the new products come to market also. I have a feeling that many here will be interested in what you have to offer.

Can someone please help me understand what the advantage of owning one of these is, over a larger and just as sturdy family sized tent from REI? Is there anything more to it than the bling factor? If so, I'm missing it. I just can't see shelling out $400 for a tent that would cost $150 if it were ground based. Mix in the shipping cost ($125 or so?), plus the cost of the roof rack if you don't already have one ($300), and I just don't understand the economy of going this route.

I'm not trying to be insulting of anyone who has bought one -- I'd just like to know what I'm missing. What sold you guys on getting one of these?

Ed

I will be snoring before you get yours out of the bag. :flipoff2:

I do believe the uniqueness of the design has a lot to do with the desire to own one. But the fact that you have an integrated mattress and you are up off the ground cannot be ignored. Now in cold weather and wind being up off the ground might not be advantageous. You also get a instant canopy.

Bling Baling

Last edited:
Epic Ed said:
Can someone please help me understand what the advantage of owning one of these is, over a larger and just as sturdy family sized tent from REI? Is there anything more to it than the bling factor? If so, I'm missing it. I just can't see shelling out $400 for a tent that would cost $150 if it were ground based. Mix in the shipping cost ($125 or so?), plus the cost of the roof rack if you don't already have one ($300), and I just don't understand the economy of going this route.

I'm not trying to be insulting of anyone who has bought one -- I'd just like to know what I'm missing. What sold you guys on getting one of these?

Ed

you have to realy be a person that camps a lot and do expeditions regulary to apreciate this kind of tents. its so easy just to pull a ladder and have your tent setup plus the comfort it brings while sleeping.and dont have to find a good spot to set camp, i agree its not for everyone and i might say i prefer a smaller one, of this type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom