Car-Top-Tents for sale (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Johnny,
Glad to see I won't be the only one in Wasatch with one of these tents. Mine has been on the 80 for about 3 weeks now. I'm too lazy to take it off and the garage has been too full lately to rig up the ceiling mount. You'll have the the thing set up soon enough with solutions to the few problems with the design and then the rest of us will just copy you:)

so Mine shiped from texas to hawaii today... Or tomarrow.. lets see how long it takes to get here.
I don't want to be nosey, but I live in Alaska and was wanting to know if you would tell how much the shipping part to you was?

I don't want to be nosey, but I live in Alaska and was wanting to know if you would tell how much the shipping part to you was?

Hey it was 330 (yeah more then he tent)

But I get better shipping rates then they do so I am haveing it shiped frieght collect.

where in alaska are you? Im from ancorage? comeing up for FurRonday this year trying to get the ol lady to move up there. Tired of the worlds largest rock that I live on.

Hey it was 330 (yeah more then he tent)

But I get better shipping rates then they do so I am haveing it shiped frieght collect.

where in alaska are you? Im from ancorage? comeing up for FurRonday this year trying to get the ol lady to move up there. Tired of the worlds largest rock that I live on.

Ya it costs alot to get my parts up here also. I am lucky for bigger stuff as I have a friend with a shop/account with a shipping company. He has been very gracious to me, I never could have shipped some of the cool stuff on the truck with out his help..

I live in Wasilla, you know where that is. I lived in Hawaii for two years, It was hot there.
Hope your wife gives in;)

Got mine yesterday. Farging sweet setup.....kind of hard spending that much on a tent but it is a nice setup.

This is for local mud who wants one. I'm selling mine for what I paid for $425, and must be local p/u only. Located in Sacramento,Ca.

I just turned down a car top tent, so there is at least one still available if someone is still interested.

I took my CTT for it's 1st weekend of moderate to heavy wheelin'. Drummond Island during peak fall colors in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Beautiful , but........ We had about 18 hrs of steady rain and guess what ?? She leaks. The extra strip of material on the door that is supposed to cover the zipper would not lay flat and actually formed a cup at the bottom..this let the water soak through the zipper and under the cushion. By morning , almost half of the mattress was soaked before I realized that it was an issue. Also, there is no way (at least once it was wet) to adjust the slack out of the roof/fly to keep the puddles from forming on top without tying down and stretching the corners of the fly.
The only other issue I encountered that hasn't been posted yet was with the stabilizing u-bolts that keep the unit from sliding on the bars. I mounted them (only came with 2) inside the front feet and I thought that they were solid. The back was free to move and eventually wiggled enough to distort the metal plate on the bottom of the u-bolt. Now the whole thing could move . For tunatly I checked and found the problem before anything broke. The Yakima tower took a beating but nothing terminal. I'm sure that these u-bolts would be fine on the highway and light trail riding but they only made it couple of hours in the rocks before I had to criss-cross some ratchet straps back to the roof rack to keep it from moving. I have a few ideas for next time out.
Everything else that has been posted I found to be true also.

Was a great deal..... The problems are easily overcome...
Over all....I'm good with it..

Oh Yea...... the ladder.................

What an alcohol deterrant.

the mattress is not closed cell? it was soaking up water inside?

I took my CTT for it's 1st weekend of moderate to heavy wheelin'. Drummond Island during peak fall colors in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Beautiful , but........ We had about 18 hrs of steady rain and guess what ?? She leaks. The extra strip of material on the door that is supposed to cover the zipper would not lay flat and actually formed a cup at the bottom..this let the water soak through the zipper and under the cushion. By morning , almost half of the mattress was soaked before I realized that it was an issue. Also, there is no way (at least once it was wet) to adjust the slack out of the roof/fly to keep the puddles from forming on top without tying down and stretching the corners of the fly.
The only other issue I encountered that hasn't been posted yet was with the stabilizing u-bolts that keep the unit from sliding on the bars. I mounted them (only came with 2) inside the front feet and I thought that they were solid. The back was free to move and eventually wiggled enough to distort the metal plate on the bottom of the u-bolt. Now the whole thing could move . For tunatly I checked and found the problem before anything broke. The Yakima tower took a beating but nothing terminal. I'm sure that these u-bolts would be fine on the highway and light trail riding but they only made it couple of hours in the rocks before I had to criss-cross some ratchet straps back to the roof rack to keep it from moving. I have a few ideas for next time out.
Everything else that has been posted I found to be true also.

Was a great deal..... The problems are easily overcome...
Over all....I'm good with it..

Oh Yea...... the ladder.................

What an alcohol deterrant.

Hello Gentlemen,

I want to apologize for taking so long on not getting online and posting my thanks on IH8MUD Forum.
We are very thankful and overwhelmed with the amount of exposure we received or should I say are
receiving from IH8MUD for the CTT. It has defiantly been a learning experience for the company dealing
with the large number of calls and emails that IH8MUD generated. We have learned from it at will
work on better serving you if we didn’t the future. If for some reason we did not get back with you
via phone or email, please call me. I will try to take care of you.

We would also love to hear more feedback from you guys on the pros and cons
of the Car Top Tent. For example, changes that needs to be made, (ladder, rain fly) etc… What colors
you would like to see. Your input would be used in trying to build a solid, easy to use CTT. Thanks
to you guys and the love for the outdoors for putting the CTT in various climates and conditions of the
US. This will help us manufacture an even better tent for the future. If any of you have any questions,
Feel free to contact me at anytime. I finally got some help on this project so it can elevate some of
the work of trying to juggle the phone calls and emails. Don’t forget to send us those pictures. As
soon as we finish our proto type of the new tent and the redesign of the current CTT, I will post some
pics on IH8MUD. You guys have been a great bunch to work with and would definitely
love to work with you again. Let us know what we can do for you.
Thank you again.

Kind Regards,

Mel Flores
www.car-top-tent.com
sales@car-top-tent.com
fax:817.676.9016

yes, very good buying experience.
Pleasant phone conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom