Car-Top-Tents for sale (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

credit cards. dont worry about dealing with Mel,, hes a good man.

I cant compete right now, anyway the Future should come. :D ...

I just ordered mine. Yippee!!!

I emailed him twice and left him a voice mail. Finally get my wife to buy in on something for the cruiser and camping and I can't get a hold of Mel.

tltaylor22 said:
I emailed him twice and left him a voice mail. Finally get my wife to buy in on something for the cruiser and camping and I can't get a hold of Mel.
When I spoke to him, he did say he say he was getting about 20-30 emails per day, so I am sure he is busy. Just keep trying.

letus said:
credit cards. dont worry about dealing with Mel,, hes a good man.

I cant compete right now, anyway the Future should come. :D ...

Doesn't sound like they did you right on this one. Not good for signing up future distributors... Sorry to see this go down like this for you.:frown:

arcteryx said:
When I spoke to him, he did say he say he was getting about 20-30 emails per day, so I am sure he is busy. Just keep trying.

At 20-30 emails a day, i would doubt that there are any left after today. I'll try calling him again first thing in the morning.

calling?

who has a phone number for this guy? I left an email but haven't gotten a response yet.

I have been trying to talk to this guy since yesterday. I talked to him once and he said he would calculate shipping and call me right back. He has not. I have called him twice, his secretary answers, asks whois calling, then says his is out of the office.

I think this guy is getting overwhelmed with calls. I wonder if there are any left.

I received a call from Mel about a hour ago with my total. He said I was 1st on his list of many to get back with. Came across as a fair and honest man but very busy so hang in there. Im sure he will get back to everyone in time.

I must have been second because he called me with my total, shipping today & cant wait to get it. He said there was a cheaper alternative on the rack system than the Yakima and Thule.. something like Quik-N-easy, anyone got info on this rack system?

Skillet said:
I have one of the tents in the website's pictures, see mine below.
I paid $400 for it from a guy out of his garage. Still in box but he needed it out of his way.
It has a lot of space in it, is well made and a very cool item. If you can get it for that price, I would jump on it but is sounds fishy to me.
Just my $.02.

Skillet -

Any chance you know how tall your ladder is in the pictures? The website says the ladder adjusts up to 72" which does not seem tall enough for my FZJ80 with OME Heavies, what lift do you have in the pics?

:cheers: - Nate

NorCalDoug said:
calling?

who has a phone number for this guy? I left an email but haven't gotten a response yet.

Doug,
It's on the website on contact us too link, but here it is too 1.800.919.9013.

Rockrawler said:
I must have been second because he called me with my total, shipping today & cant wait to get it. He said there was a cheaper alternative on the rack system than the Yakima and Thule.. something like Quik-N-easy, anyone got info on this rack system?

I contacted him late in the game, hopefully he still has some left and the originally posted price is about right?

Rockrawler said:

Mel spoke about that system too and sent me the link http://www.quik-n-easyproducts.com/
I have not had a chance to look at it yet.

arcteryx said:
Mel spoke about that system too and sent me the link http://www.quik-n-easyproducts.com/
I have not had a chance to look at it yet.

Quick and Easy racks are ok, especially for the price. You can mount round bars, or easily make your own. I dont think you can lock the feet to the gutters, atleast you can not on mine, something to think about. Personally I would prefer Thule or Yakima as they both have a protective coating and seem stronger to me, but they are a hell of alot more $$. I would suggest trying ebay or craigslist if you want a Thule or Yak rack. I have all 3 brands and all have served me well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom