Builds Call me Deacon Blues (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Do y'all have working AC in your 80s and actually use it? I own several old cars with a sunroof and for me it's the best feature to have in the summer, even in the one that has AC.
Yes I have AC. I rarely opened the sunroof, but I did like it.

Saw this on Facebook months back to "fix" a leaking sunroof:

Had this waiting in the garage for awhile, but two days ago was the final straw. We got some heavy rain and a tornado watch a few days ago. Got in the LC the next day and the drivers seat was soaked (as well as the floor).

I think @BILT4ME uses a large magnet to cover the sunroof. I was going to try that, but didnt buy a large enough magnet sheet.

so i just put on this adhesive rubber seal, and hopefully it holds. . .its suppose to rain tomorrow.

View attachment 3530486View attachment 3530487View attachment 3530488
Had a few trial and errors. Initially after put the rubber seal on, the adhesive didn't stick around the main corner. I'm guessing the gap was too big, but didnt find out until it rained again.
20240109_175311.jpg
20240113_085419.jpg

Got some silicone. Filled the void and tried again.
20240120_145315.jpg

But still there was a little gap where the water got though. . But no where near as bad as usual.
20240128_085204.jpg

Pulled the rubber up a little bit and put more silicone in. It rained last night into the morning and the LC is dry 😁

The Toyota dealership hooked it up today. Brought in two blank keys to get spares made for both cruisers. After he cut them for me, he winked and said "have a great day".

The Toyota dealership hooked it up today. Brought in two blank keys to get spares made for both cruisers. After he cut them for me, he winked and said "have a great day".
Which dealership was this? I've had a great experience at Hendrick in Apex. Matt Hale is awesome.

Repeat offender 🤦🏾‍♂️
20240213_074102.jpg
20240213_074112.jpg
literally rained all day and night yesterday and I still have a leak.

Well. . White Sheep might be dead again. While driving to my co-workers house to travel for work, the truck started idling s***ty, the threw the PO306 code (6th cylinder misfire). Pushed the few more miles to his house, starting to overheat, popped the hood and could immediately smell coolant. Overflow tank full, wet on the rear of the valve cover, and some smoke (looks like it's coming from rear exhaust manifold.

Just parked it at his place and we are on the road to Savannah, GA. Need to look for a daily driver for when I get back because I'm car-less at the moment. Also since I'm leaving the country in a year, more that likely I'm going to try and sell it as is.

Would $15k be an appropriate price for a supercharged and intercooled 80, cloth seats, triple locked, on 37s?

Got the LC home. Nothing too noticeable, but the bottom of the valve cover is wet. 😕

IMG_7890.jpeg
IMG_7868.jpeg
No real updates other than I decided to keep the supercharger on it. Dude to a lack of time with kids and graduation season upon us, It is headed to a reputable cruiser shop in Atlanta for the Head Gasket repair. Also, AAA is awful. I waited two full days for them to send the correct tow vehicle (flatbed) after sending the wrong truck twice and being strung along on wait times. I miss having my own tow rig. On a positive note, I got my 40 running for the first time in a decade (I got it less than a year ago).

Last edited:
And it's back...........The shop did not want to touch it with how heavily modified it was and believed that it has more issues than a head gasket. Back to the drawing board. I guess that I will be doing the work myself. Honestly, I'm leaning towards and started to do the research to do an LS swap.
IMG_7893.jpeg

And it's back...........The shop did not want to touch it with how heavily modified it was and believed that it has more issues than a head gasket. Back to the drawing board. I guess that I will be doing the work myself. Honestly, I'm leaning towards and started to do the research to do an LS swap.View attachment 3609818
Have you considered using ACC Garage?

Have you considered using ACC Garage?
I have, but their prices are outrageous. $11k for a HG. I’m a capable mechanic. I only sent it to this shop due to a lack of time. I’ll chip away at it and get it done. Leaning towards an L86/L87 swap, otherwise I have another 1FZFE line. I’m selling off my other Cruisers and this is the only one I plan on keeping.

I have, but their prices are outrageous. $11k for a HG. I’m a capable mechanic. I only sent it to this shop due to a lack of time. I’ll chip away at it and get it done. Leaning towards an L86/L87 swap, otherwise I have another 1FZFE line. I’m selling off my other Cruisers and this is the only one I plan on keeping.
Just do the LS swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom