BUYER'S BEWARE THIS SELLER - WCRUISERJUNKIE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Agreed.
Absolutely no punitive judgment here.

Apparently, if you get caught and there is a mountain of evidence that you have no compunction about victimizing others, you can just put things back and we'll forget about it.

Well, this almost certainly wasn't his first time in court for this sort of thing. He probably uses the same lawyer as well and together, they're well versed in the procedure. If memory serves me, there were 10 claimants in this case that he had to reimburse. We can't make up the majority of folks he's scammed, so we probably didn't even make a big dent in his "business" and certainly not enough to put him out of business. If all it does is keep him away from this forum, I suppose that's enough for me. I "suppose" because I'm not really satisfied, but it will have to do. All we can do now is keep a wary eye out for any violations of his probation.

The DA contacted all 10 vic's and then reached the settlement above without our approval.

I just read this thread for the first time. What a piece of garbage. I can't stand a thief.

I think (emphasis on think) that he repaid all the named plaintiffs in this case before the final decision was handed down. I'm just speculating here, but that may have influenced the light sentence and may have been the plan from the start of the legal action. "Here's a list of plaintiffs. Pay them back and the judge will go easy on you." Like I said in an earlier post, this probably wasn't his first time.

I think (emphasis on think) that he repaid all the named plaintiffs in this case before the final decision was handed down. I'm just speculating here, but that may have influenced the light sentence and may have been the plan from the start of the legal action. "Here's a list of plaintiffs. Pay them back and the judge will go easy on you." Like I said in an earlier post, this probably wasn't his first time.

There are people who've posted here that I don't believe received restitution...

I'm sure you're right, but the court/DA probably is only concerned with the 10 who were named as plaintiffs in this case. Failing to reimburse them would be a violation of his probation. Anyone not on the plaintiff list may not count in the eyes of the law. I don't even know if they could bring a separate case or if it would fall under the double jeopardy statute. I'm no lawyer, just an old retired soldier. I don't like the way this turned out at all, but I'm stumped as to what else legally can be done. My hat's still off to Bernie for contacting a DA across the country from him and setting all this in motion.

I haven’t read this in a while but, I haven’t gotten any restitution from him. I did get a call from the DA asking if I had been paid. I haven’t heard anything else...

Ok, so here is the official update that I just got from Hamilton Co. ... Mr. Wilson was ordered to make payments of $150.00 a month, split between myself and another plaintiff. So I should start getting $75 per month to pay back $1275 that he stole.... I don’t need to say much more. Thanks to all of the mud members that got the ball rolling and kept the pressure on!

Just caught up on this thread. The other really crappy thing about this is that he will undoubtedly be conning other people to repay these debts.

Last edited:
Wow, what a thread and what solidarity amongst the Cruiser community to try and get justice! This thread solidified my overall trust in the Mud membership and my overall distrust of the justice system. I'll never understand (and refuse to do so) why people insist on conning and ripping other people off as opposed to an honest living. Blows my mind.

I found this thread bc I searched Chris Wilson. I know him personally, he never stole anything from me, he did however lie about his identity. I just thought the people on this thread would be interested in knowing that he did violate the terms of his probation. He turned himself in Dec 30, 2017. I don't think he's still in jail, although I haven't heard from him in a while.

Just bumping this thread to see if anyone knows further what happened to this D-bag since @Jroach321 posted ? I found this thread by accident while looking for info on heater restoration and read from start to finish.......what a long and drawn out miserable dealing. I am not surprised by the slap on the wrist by any means. Proper justice is like a Unicorn these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom