BUTT Weld (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for posting this. Helped me with the whole concept of doing this kind of stuff. Turns out ,I got a lot of butt to weld.

Last edited:
I have been watching his video's also.

Cool video. Thanks for sharing!

A friend of mine was wanting to buy an inexpensive multiprocess welder for welding some projects in his garage at home, he has access to all my welders as well as work so spending a lot of money or something large wasn’t part of his plan. After a few weeks of chasing his tail with Craigslist sellers he decided to buy one of the Harbor Freight units.

He brought it to my shop yesterday to set it up and test it out, I was completely blown away by how well this little welder worked, we set the TIG torch up and the arch was surprisingly smooth and well controlled. The MIG also welded extremely well, we welded some ¼ plate together and we both kind of expected it to spit and sputter like the little Miller or Lincoln we’ve all used but this HF welder was buttery smooth.

If you’re looking for an inexpensive welder for occasional use I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one of these.

Coupon,

Welder,

Ya the china welders are coming along. I just bought a cheap plasma cutter from amazon that I saw people reviewing on utoob. They all do good work for weekend warriors.

I probably should have bought one of these instead of a used Miller that I’ve probably sunk twice as much into as a new one of these. And, it still spits and sputters and is difficult to get dialed in and keep dialed in. The benefit is that I’ll have something to blame for poor body work. I blame good beer on other poor body work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom