But who among you will sell off your current cruiser to get the FJ Cruiser? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've decided to hold off on any judgement until I see one in person. I've been lusting after the 4 dr, 4x4 Taco for a while now, and went and sat in one last weekend and wasn't really inspired by it. I need to replace the 60 - it's unrealistic for what I want to do with it (travel and exped); the gas mileage sucks and it still needs a buttload of work. It would be cheaper to get the FJ than fix everything on the money-pit.

My fear with the FJ is the overall size. The 4dr Taco is pretty small, I kind of think the 4runner is too small too...the 60 is the right size for me all the way around. If the FJ is too small, I guess I'll just have to drop a diesel into the 60...like I have time for that...

swank60 said:
I've decided to hold off on any judgement until I see one in person. I've been lusting after the 4 dr, 4x4 Taco for a while now, and went and sat in one last weekend and wasn't really inspired by it. I need to replace the 60 - it's unrealistic for what I want to do with it (travel and exped); the gas mileage sucks and it still needs a buttload of work. It would be cheaper to get the FJ than fix everything on the money-pit.

My fear with the FJ is the overall size. The 4dr Taco is pretty small, I kind of think the 4runner is too small too...the 60 is the right size for me all the way around. If the FJ is too small, I guess I'll just have to drop a diesel into the 60...like I have time for that...
The FJ will almost definitely be smaller than the 4r :(

Don't think I'll be selling either of mine anytime soon.

never know, might get rid of the LX470 and put Connie in the Fj Cruiser......maybe

swank60 said:

The 60(don't know about 62/80/100...but they look similar) is the nicest sized vehicle I've ever driven. Not too big outside, spacious inside. But $4 and $5 gas will probably knock it into obsolescence.

Toyota needs to sell 78 series LandCruisers in NA.

I will not sell my 2000 100 but will be adding an FJC to the stable. I hope it comes in a tan color?

Gonna be first in line!

Won't sell the 40 or the 60, but will let them rest a bit while I put the daily miles on the FJ Cruiser...This new one can start eating the winter Road Salt in Ohio...The 40 is sick of salt and I don't blame it!! :mad: Will make sure I order the following options on the new one:
6-speed Manual Transmission
Locking Differential

No way. I love my 80!

Just sold my 80, let's see how much this sucker is :)

NO WAY!

the only thing i like about new cars, is when people wreck them,then i can sell parts to fix them.

my old rigs are built to be much more reliable than anything new.
and, i can work on them myself.

no way would i ever buy a new fj.

My wife says she'd trade her 80 in on the olive-drab one pictured on Expedition West's Sema '05 photos.

I told her the 80's paid for, we can just get one and be the first on the block to do SAS on one.

What's track width difference between an 80 and this? Solid axle, front and rear lockers, factory sliders...Rubithon '06?

I'm willing to part with my civic.

Only problem is the gas mpg.

I fell like the price is going to creep way up towards 30k.

uzj100

Poser said:
me....for sure

like you could actually find a sucker to buy that POS of yours............ :D :D :D :cheers:

wait a minute, consign with Vintage to sell yours......... :doh:

Actually, I was just speaking with the TOD parts manager this evening, and I asked what the price on the new FJ cruiser was, and he was thinking it was going to be in the mid 20s. Still, I'm a cruiserhead, and these new vehicles don't excit me at all right now. It could change, but then again, I doubt it.

landcruiserdude said:
Actually, I was just speaking with the TOD parts manager this evening, and I asked what the price on the new FJ cruiser was, and he was thinking it was going to be in the mid 20s. Still, I'm a cruiserhead, and these new vehicles don't excit me at all right now. It could change, but then again, I doubt it.

BASE

I bet with options it will be $36K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom