Builds Build Thomas FJ48 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This build is awesome. Can you tell give me some more details about the mirrors and bonnet hooks your using?
Like how the mirrors mount to the door hinges.
The mirrors are from icon:

They were pricy but I could not find anything a liked better. Extremely happy with there quality and hardware provided. I also bought there centre console. Will update with a picture once installed.
FE297E08-5157-4065-B7CA-019F5A636467.jpeg
E9E1A112-A152-4381-970A-50FB7DA7501C.jpeg

The hood hooks I believe are Rugged Ridge. When I did all my metal work on the hood, I filled the original holes and reinforced the hook area with a metal plate. Still need to find something for the hood to windshield hooks. Trying to find a black set but everyone seems to be sold out.

EFFDCD91-A582-4CA0-8782-65C1E5761165.jpeg

77B569A1-8C7A-438F-99A5-FB6709DB2A71.jpeg

8908A59B-E6BB-4116-98C9-3A54CF5FD704.jpeg

I finally got a chance to fire the Cummins as well. It sounds pretty badass. Most of my gauges are hooked up and wired to the Holley digital dash but still have some cleanup of the wiring under the hood.
516B8DA4-F948-4BA9-9F94-8ABAC6EA1A36.jpeg

Thanks for the info, those bonnet latches look solid. I was looking at the mirrors from a land rover defender which are very similar to the icon ones but they mount to the door panel. Only picture l can find on a FJ40
C5BD3BDB-AB65-4D3A-BE48-60877AECCF36.png

Those hood latches are nice but may hold too rigid as the oem ones have alot of spring and when crossed up it moves, maybe not so much on your chassis.
Whats the red ecm on firewall ? I see the main engine one so curious ? and the black box in front corner ?

Thank for the words of encouragement. Spent hrs reading through other builds to get good ideas and advice. Great community!!
Those hood latches are nice but may hold too rigid as the oem ones have alot of spring and when crossed up it moves, maybe not so much on your chassis.
Whats the red ecm on firewall ? I see the main engine one so curious ? and the black box in front corner ?
Great point on the hood latches. Will have to keep an eye on them when there is flex.

The red ECM is the 4l80e transmission controller (Compushift) to the cummins.

Black box is a Garmin power switch. It controls all the auxiliary lights from the Garmin screen.

How many things will that garmin handle and I suppose it switches relays ?

39A211E8-02C4-4509-BFE2-C876CF69D8F1.jpeg

5D973984-25B4-4501-8310-41BBD77136BE.jpeg

Have not had much time to work on over the summer but got the windows in and a few electrical bugs worked out. Waiting on the new axels from dynatrac for my winter project then hope to finally have this thing running in the spring!

Trying to track down some hardware for the rear kick-out windows if anyone has some ideas where to look? Also if anyone has a suggestion on what rubber gasket seal to use between windshield and cowl on the Aqualu bodies let me know. Original style does not work

View attachment 3472992
View attachment 3472993

Have not had much time to work on over the summer but got the windows in and a few electrical bugs worked out. Waiting on the new axels from dynatrac for my winter project then hope to finally have this thing running in the spring!

Trying to track down some hardware for the rear kick-out windows if anyone has some ideas where to look? Also if anyone has a suggestion on what rubber gasket seal to use between windshield and cowl on the Aqualu bodies let me know. Original style does not work
Those windows look pretty sweet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom