Brighter Headlights for FJ60??? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much time has it taken those who have done this to do the conversion?

Second the vote for Lightforce lights. Our have survived over 30K miles driving through Central America. They are tough as nails, stay cool and shine brightly. The interchangeable lenses is pretty cool- especially if you have a dishwasher (we don't right now). The ability to aim the lights (wide to pencil) if fun at first, but after a while I just leave mine alone... of course, I do have one pencil and one wide, which I wouldn't be able to do with other brands of lights, so I guess it is a handy feature after all!

Does anyone out there know how to make the high beam indicator work with an aftermarket headlight wiring harness? I'm staring at the FSM wiring diagram and can't see how a diode or resistor would make the indicator lamp work. Can anyone "enlighten" me? TIA

60wag: Due to a hard drive crash earlier this year, I seemed to have lost the wiring details...I purchased the universal "heavy duty" harness from SUV lights. I remember when I installed them at first there were two issues: (1) when I turned on the high beams, both the high beams and the low beams were energized and (2) the high beam indicator did not light. I don't remember how I solved (1). For (2), I ended up running a separate wire from the high beam solenoid to the indicator light in the dash board. I purcahsed a wiring harness repair part from toyota so I didn't have to cut into the OEM wires. I pulled the wire (crimp terminal) from the connector and replaced it with the repair part pigtail that I soldered to the new wire.

I could be wrong but didnt someone on here mention that the high beam indicator WILL work with the ARB / IPF harness?

Thanks

Buddy at ARB told me this, I have not tried one myself.

Boston Mangler said:
I could be wrong but didnt someone on here mention that the high beam indicator WILL work with the ARB / IPF harness?

Thanks

Landpimp said:
Buddy at ARB told me this, I have not tried one myself.

What did he tell ya? That the indicator light WILL work with the ARB / IPF Harness?

Thanks

yes he did. Well what he said was he had never heard of an issue with it not working........

and when Wayne made my gizzmo for my h-4 non toyota harness, it just pluged into the driverside unused(now) headlight conector.......that was it, just a little metal deal that goes magic ;) I can try to find it and take a pic.....

Boston Mangler said:
What did he tell ya? That the indicator light WILL work with the ARB / IPF Harness?

Thanks

Landpimp said:
yes he did. Well what he said was he had never heard of an issue with it not working........

and when Wayne made my gizzmo for my h-4 non toyota harness, it just pluged into the driverside unused(now) headlight conector.......that was it, just a little metal deal that goes magic ;) I can try to find it and take a pic.....

Thanks Landpimp, i am getting ready to do this upgrade

Thanks

What Pimp's talking about sounds a lot like a resistor... I'd definitely like to know the value of that resistor!

yeah that sounds about right..............suppose i am gonna have to go look for it now? ;)

polarweasel said:
What Pimp's talking about sounds a lot like a resistor... I'd definitely like to know the value of that resistor!

Also, what is everyone doing for BULBS?

I plan on running the Hella Euro Specs and the ARB / IPF Harness but am undecided on bulbs.

I would like a stock or slightly brighter then stock (just enough not to get harrased) low beam and a silly bright high beam that lights up the entire trail when i am wheeling or in the dunes.

Anyone?

beachedFJ62 said:
what would be some good lights to put on my rack on my 62 and on the arb
whatever you choose, make sure they are not self grounding. there should be two wires coming out of the housing. i run perlux myself.

I run normal Hella 80/100's in mine, love em.

think there is a 80/135 or a 100/135. But I think the 80 low is about perfect.

Contact Daniel Stern and he'll talk you through more than you want to know about lights, different types, placement, bulbs, and how to tell the real stuff from the "advertising". he has kept me from making a couple of mistakes.

Brad

Landpimp said:

hey landpimp did you happen to find a picture? I'm getting ready to install some IPF's along with the wiring harness does anyone else happen to have any more pics or diagrams of the routing of the harness? Thanks in advance guy's.

Last edited:
nope.

but I did find this, a set of Lightforce 240's I tried on my 100 a few weeks ago, nice light but DAMN big
74070497.jpg

MR.FJ60 said:
hey landpimp did you happen to find a picture?

this(the gold thing) is the little "gizzmo" or at least it looks the same as the one that I used for the 60. This is however part of a h4/H1 headlight harness.

76039564.jpg

76039559.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom