Brighter Headlights for FJ60???

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by nymbert, Mar 11, 2004.

1. nymbert

nymbert

Does anyone know of brighter replacement headlights for a 60? I am sure mine are working fine but am now used to the more modern, brighter lights.
    Thanks

2. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    Hella, IPF, Cibie all make a H-4 E-code headlight with a much better beam pattern. you can upgrade the bulbs from 55/60 to higher ONLY if you upgrade the wiring harness. But I bet you would be very pleased with a pair of H-4's even with 55/60watts.

I run IPF's myself in 5 Cruisers......I LOVE em.

John H

3. TonkaC

TonkaC

I've got SilverStars from AutoZone on my pu, they make them in the round headlight like on my FJ and if it was my daily driver I would have to get them for it. There $20 a piece. I know APC makes some as well that are brighter than the SilverStars but not sure in the round sealed beams.

Chris

4. nymbert

nymbert

Great!! Thanks for the info

5. Mike S

Mike S

I recently replaced my stock headlights with Hella Vision Plus replacement headlights. Popped then in in 10 minutes, adjusted them, and there is a BIG improvement. These are available for about $35 each, and pump out a lot more light than the stock numbers.

Mike S

6. 2mbb

2mbb SILVER Star

I got a set up from www.suvlights.com. The 7" headlight shell, halogen bulbs and heavy duty wiring harness. Very simple install. Now I can see at night!

7. Brussell

Brussell

8. jwest

jwest

I've got the e code hella's with 55/60's. I don't dispute that you need to upgrade the wiring or get a harness to up the wattage beyond 55/60. But I see from the fj60 wiring diagram that a relay system from the factory is already in place. True or False? ...so would it still be necessary to upgrade the wiring..

9. Mike S

Mike S

[quote author=jwest link=board=1;threadid=12973;start=msg120035#msg120035 date=1079111030]
    I've got the e code hella's with 55/60's. I don't dispute that you need to upgrade the wiring or get a harness to up the wattage beyond 55/60. But I see from the fj60 wiring diagram that a relay system from the factory is already in place. True or False? ...so would it still be necessary to upgrade the wiring..
    [/quote]

Since I insatlled the 55/60's from Hella, I did not replace any wiring. When I put the aux. drving lights on, I will use Hellas kit with relays.

Mike S

10. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    yes there is a relay, but the power runs back thru the switch and the wiring is undersized for much more than 55/60. WHen you upgrade the harness you run right off the battery, the switch just trips the relay, no real power goes thru it now.

[quote author=jwest link=board=1;threadid=12973;start=msg120035#msg120035 date=1079111030]
    [/quote]

Comet likes this.
  11. stinkyfj60

stinkyfj60

I am currently running 55/100w in my 60 with no upgraded wiring harness (not sure why I would need that... But I havent had any problems. Now granted, I typically only use brights in offroad situations and have never had them on for hours and hours straight. But still, no problems and I love the wide and white blast of light.

Jason

12. crawlin60

crawlin60

I've the Cibie e-code H4s with the suvlights harness and the difference is unf#%&ing-believable, to someone that toiled in the f#$%ing dark by comparison before. But then I also have since put in the Blitz240s and there is no night to speak of now.... :flipoff2: :beer: :beer:

13. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

Im going to replace mine too. I think I'll go Hella.

TB

14. Doc

Doc

Media:
    Albums:
    I just bought Hella euro type headlights and the Hella FF1000 7" aux driving lights. Also bought the Hella horns... but that's a different story.

I'm looking forward to being able to see!

15. Fourrunner

Fourrunner SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
  16. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

Army tanks for the link.

TB

17. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    I will mention it again, the Hella's are very nice but the IPF(warning they might have changed the pattern in the last few months) with a Hella bulb is MUCH nicer, the pattern of the IPF is just better IMOP. I would like to get ahold of a set of Cibie's, had a set 15+ years ago and LOVED em

18. Landpimp

Landpimp GOLD Star

Media:
    also, for the fj60 get the SUV lights Toyota only H-4 harness. For a fj40 get the normal H-4 harness. If you use the normal in the 60 the highbeam indicator doens't work.

19. HZJ60 Guy

HZJ60 Guy Tank Buster

You Pimpster, it's hard for me to believe that a German product (Hella) are inferior to IPF lights!~

I have IPF head lights and driving lights on my diesel samurai.

They are bright.

TB

20. WALoeIII

WALoeIII

Where can I get the wiring harness? I would like to get the Cibies - 7" H4 E's right?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.