Brass tag on ID plate? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's the year the vehicle was originally registered. If it says T67, The vehicle was probably built in 1966, but not sold and registered until 1967. Both of my LVs had the brass tag and were built the year before.

I have had vehicles registered as 1964, 1965, 1966, and 1967. All have had the T67 brass tag on the lower right of the firewall tag. I have heard the date thing before, but I have never seen one with any other number on it. I currently have a 65 FJ45 (based on the VIN) with a T67 tag.

Short answer: I don't know.:)

That's what I was told when I asked what the tag was for. My VIN was '65, my tag said 66, and it was registered as a 1966 but the registration said "Year first sold: 1965". :confused:

I'm sure there are many on here that are sure what it means.

64 LV with 65 stamped on plate and 65 brass tag
52783588.jpg

other 64 LV......
52783901.jpg

65 Fj40............66 tag
43125369.jpg

short answer, year they were 1st registered as said above

Pimp, how come the first pic has a frame # FJ40??

weird eh? no clue at all

does it match the frame stamp? wonder if it was the end of the shift for the guy doing the marking and he just grabbed the wrong number???

yes it matches....weird and its been a 45 LV all its life.......not some made up parts rig

does it match the frame stamp? wonder if it was the end of the shift for the guy doing the marking and he just grabbed the wrong number???

Last edited:
Interesting. I have a VIN plate and brass tag T-65 I harvested from a pick and pull a long time ago. I always wondered about this tag.

I have one from a 66FJ45 that puzzles me. I'll post a picture soon. I'm soaking it in carb cleaner the get the paint off of it. It came with the truck in the same place as the ones shown but it has a hammered pair of characters on it. So far it appears to be an "off center" 4 or A and a J. All I can figure is a "4"0 series and "J" model. The letters are even much smaller than the examples above.

Any of you ultimate factoid guys know what it may be?

Here it is. It came with the FJ45. I have all the records or ownership and I'm the 4th owner. Nobody named has A J initials. So anyone up on the brass tags have any idea what these letters stand for?

My guess is that someone substituted for a missing factory tag. I buy various size blank brass tags from my locksmith like this and stamp them with letters/numbers that have meaning to me. They already come with holes in them for keyrings, etc.. Most of the available stamping kits have basic style lettering and there's nothing noteworthy about the font on yours vs the Toyota ones.

Just my 2 cents.

You're probably right. It's too far fetched to be an odd Toyota Original item.

Crap...

Since I'm near Nashville, I may just claim it was Alan Jackson's truck...

Ahahahahaahaaa....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom