Boise Idaho: Looking for reliable shop to rebuild engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all,
Picked up a rust free 60 a few months and she needs a rebuild. I have a small 2 month window where I’m living on jobsite to have the rig worked on, searching for a shop. SNLC and foreign auto are heavily booked but reached out to import engine supply who said they could do it for 6 G. Any references on these guys or someone else people recommend in the region That also might be able to customize it to give it a little more HP? Mosley motors in TN is booked up too I hear for overhauling.
Thanks
Dan

Hi all,
Picked up a rust free 60 a few months and she needs a rebuild. I have a small 2 month window where I’m living on jobsite to have the rig worked on, searching for a shop. SNLC and foreign auto are heavily booked but reached out to import engine supply who said they could do it for 6 G. Any references on these guys or someone else people recommend in the region That also might be able to customize it to give it a little more HP? Mosley motors in TN is booked up too I hear for overhauling.
Thanks
Dan
Also besides making sure they do machine work- what other questions should I be sure to ask? Make sure they do all Toyota parts?

Depends.

How bad is the engine? How many miles? Can you do a compression test / leakdown test? Better diagnosis helps in guidance for solution.

Getting good pistons (non-chiCom) may be a problem, rumor is that they have gotten better in quality.

You may only need to rebuild the top end, re-ring the pistons, replace all gaskets, main bearings / pins. . .

HTH and Good Luck!

easy answer would be to just find a decent used 2F and drop that in while waiting for one of the other shops mentioned could do the engine work and when the engine is done, install it in a weekend

You've also got Jim C (FJ40jim) in Lancaster, OH

Jim wrote the book:

Just got my 1989 FJ62 back from Dillon at Toy Sport in Boise. A friend recommended him and he did a great job going through the truck and replacing just about every gasket and seal in the drive train. The truck had sat for 4 years so we had no idea what it was going to need other than a ton of fluid (all of them) was leaking from everything. He knows Toyotas inside and out. Give him a call and see about engine rebuilds.

Bri

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom