BJ73 on Ebay ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.anzaborrego.net
I think he is calling it rare because it truly is rare. I think it must be the only 1980 70 series in the world.

:rolleyes:
45Kevin said:
I think he is calling it rare because it truly is rare. I think it must be the only 1980 70 series in the world.
:rolleyes:

So if this guy unloads this truck on some buyer in the USA, who then discovers it's an '88 or '89 and can't be legally registered...should we feel collectively guilty for not reporting the fraud?

Granted, 50 grand pretty much assures no bids...

Island Moose said:
So if this guy unloads this truck on some buyer in the USA, who then discovers it's an '88 or '89 and can't be legally registered...should we feel collectively guilty for not reporting the fraud?

Granted, 50 grand pretty much assures no bids...

Anyone who spends $50K on a imported vehicle without checking the legality of the importation is a fool.
I notice there is also no VIN number in the ebay ad.

There is 2 californian numbers to contact so it sounds like its from a used car yard or something.
Anyone over there want to ring them up and find out the story?:D

Yep this guy is on some serious crack. If they're rare (which they aren't - IN JAPAN) then I got some swamp land I mean beautiful ocean front property in Florida he can buy. Here is a link for the different body types.

For 73 models
http://toyota.mnc.ru/framno/BJ73.html

For all others
http://toyota.mnc.ru/framno/longindex.html

BJ73's started over here in Japan in 1984. There were VERYY few made.:)

I think this was a southern california import truck and sold 4-5 years ago. 1989 firechiefs in Japan w/ new top sold on ebay for $13K or so- this all was before a single jdm truck hit the canadian market.

Last edited:
I think someone is having a bit of a joke there. It reads like they are having a laugh.

Strange. Its plated in Nevada though so it can be registered. On the other hand, this guy may truly be an idiot. If it violates us import law couldnt anyone call the necesarry departments and report him. Note that it has vaccuum tcase shift. That started in 1988 didnt it?

knorrena said:
Strange. Its plated in Nevada though so it can be registered. On the other hand, this guy may truly be an idiot. If it violates us import law couldnt anyone call the necesarry departments and report him. Note that it has vaccuum tcase shift. That started in 1988 didnt it?

My 1985 BJ60 had a vaccum tcase shift.
I think it started in 83 or 84 of the 60 series.
So I would imagine the 70 series starter about the same time.

Interesting. I just search google for "1980 BJ73" and got no results.
Also searched
"1981 BJ73"
"1982 BJ73"
"1983 BJ73"
"1984 BJ73" and still no results.

First year I got results was "1985 BJ73".
Which is also the same year as my old truck with vaccuum tcase.
I wonder if 1985 was the first year of the BJ73?

I wonder if he lied about the year to able to import it under the 25 year rule?
This sounds very plausable.

Cheers,
Nick

nickw said:
Hey Wayne,

If that BJ73 sells for 50K it means you can sell you BJ70 you just picked up for 100K. :)
i wish!!

nickw said:
I wonder if he lied about the year to able to import it under the 25 year rule?
This sounds very plausable.

Cheers,
Nick

That's my bet - someone put a VIN plate on there from a 1980 40 series or something just to get it registered. Anyone buying the truck runs the risk of getting it flattened at any moment, I would think.

That price is out of hand.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Miles: [/FONT]44700

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Doors: [/FONT]2 doors or more

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Transmission: [/FONT]Manual

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Interior: [/FONT]Tan

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Engine: [/FONT]6 - Cyl.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Year: [/FONT]1980

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Warranty: [/FONT]No

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]VIN Number: [/FONT]--

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Title: [/FONT]Clear

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Exterior: [/FONT]Red

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Condition: [/FONT]Used

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Inspection: [/FONT]--

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif]Fuel Type: [/FONT]Diesel

I never new there was a 6 cylinder BJ73.....:D Hey at least it's got cable lockers thats got to be worth atleast $20k at his pricing...

If he is the importer, then I am willing to bet that he falsified the documents for importation stating it as a 1980-possibly 40, and the customs official had no clue or did any checking. If it was leagally imported, then there are some exterior things that are missing which would be needed to pass the DOT requirements for import, among other things. If this was truly leagally imported, then the price could be in the ball park of what it cost him to leagally import it. For whatever stupid reason, it cost ALOT more to leagally import a diesel engine vehicle, and he would have had to import at the very least two of the same rigs so that one could be crash tested. Anyway, I emailed him, will wait and see what he has to say.

I E-mailed him to let him know about his fallacy. This was his reply -- " Thanks for the info". Apparently he doesn't care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom