Builds BJ42 Restoration (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I agree with the defrost vents, Come in handy in the winter.

Ok defrosters are going in. Thank you

Now another issue I’m having with the Teseven tub.
I had a body shop guy in my garage today to go over some issues I was having with fitment. Also I might farm out my door bottom repair to him as well to speed things up but I haven’t decided on that yet.

Issue I have is tha the HT side have channels for the weather seal, where the Teseven tub only has straight edges and there’s nothing for the door seal to press up against

46D241D8-9E33-4F7B-B308-61F098E70AEE.jpeg

27B1F996-501D-408D-AF9C-F4F17FA91BE3.jpeg

And another issue I have is with the running boards , Teseven shortens the bottom edge by about 1/2 an inch to increase tire clearance I suppose but it causes me grief when trying to line up the running board to the fender.

DE5681E7-7344-4657-9CA6-FEB2D90729B2.jpeg

9BDA370F-EA41-4D71-A054-2911B3E99353.jpeg

C41AC57B-B5EC-4A38-B69F-FDB5BC68C7B0.jpeg

The rear of that tub looks like an early model, ambulance doors require the same jamb profile as the hard top.

sill2.jpg

Last edited:
I’m actually worried that sent me a tub for the wrong year. This is a major head scratcher. It’s fixable but it will take a lot of work. I’m waiting for pictures of a friends 84 with the doors open so I can compare it

This is a picture from one of Teseven tubs on their website. It shows the groove all the way around. I can’t believe it but Fabian sent me the wrong year of tub. I had my doors in storage and only dug them out now and noticed this . Unbelievable screw up. I have made contact with Teseven but haven’t heard back yet

93A11E1F-B9C3-42E0-9682-8F46B1EE5875.jpeg

The only solution I see is cutting the corner along the edge , like 3/8" x 3/8" , turn the cut piece 180 and weld back
That’s exactly what I was thinking as well,
I’ve made contact with Teseven and they said they will stand by me until it’s completely done. But Fabien isn’t there right now so she said it will take a couple of days to get a solution for me.

you sure get a post 79 tub , but it could be a soft top model thing :hmm:
also ,from 79 the corner are round shape and the pre 79 is square.
this ad alot of work , try to get some money back
This is a major over sight in their part, they said there are many options and that they didn’t realize I had ambulance doors which I don’t agree with because I was pretty clear from the start about what year and model I was restoring. My first option is for them to replace this tub and send me a replacement.But I will need to wait for a Fabien to come back and see what he says

The only solution I see is cutting the corner along the edge , like 3/8" x 3/8" , turn the cut piece 180 and weld back
I'm experienced welding stainless. If you were to do that you would need backing gas ( argon ) on the opposite side you weld and if no gas then the back side will look like burnt toast which means porosity and corrosion to follow. Seems like a simple plan but even using a zip cut may take off too much that you don't have to loose.

This is a major over sight in their part, they said there are many options and that they didn’t realize I had ambulance doors which I don’t agree with because I was pretty clear from the start about what year and model I was restoring. My first option is for them to replace this tub and send me a replacement.But I will need to wait for a Fabien to come back and see what he says
I agree ! They are in business to make money and have satisfied customers and paying the shipping all around would be expected including some kind of compensation for your hours prepping.
As for the body guy doing your doors ! I would hold off and just summer drive it keeping the door repair for the winter. You can always get soft doors in the mean time.

I just repaired my doors with cool cruisers parts. Was pretty straight forward. The kit came sorta fast and was good quality. Easy fix. Sorry about your tub. I hope they make it right.

C8C29003-6999-439B-8E87-471082CC1A53.jpeg

I agree ! They are in business to make money and have satisfied customers and paying the shipping all around would be expected including some kind of compensation for your hours prepping.
As for the body guy doing your doors ! I would hold off and just summer drive it keeping the door repair for the winter. You can always get soft doors in the mean time.
It’s all good Mac, I spoke to Fabien and he reassured me all is normal .
I heard back from Teseven this morning, they said that it’s totally the correct tub and that they have only started doing the seal channel 9 months ago. He provided pictures of how to line it up and said he would stand by me until the project is complete. I’ll post the pics he sent me.

View attachment 1643482

View attachment 1643483

View attachment 1643484

View attachment 1643485

AF1F0023-37DE-4D35-93C9-53CF8A0378EA.jpeg

B1195839-B6D0-4CF9-A4DF-CBEA12A44505.jpeg

1CD664CC-6A25-42F5-8DB2-CB64685D9D36.jpeg

C28B7E73-D45A-4819-B464-6D97207AC757.jpeg

Last edited:
BC Steel, I have the exact same bottoms. They are super HD. I agree with Mac. I’ll keep plugging away on the doors later, I’ll use my originals to line up the sheet metal and restore the doors next winter. I bought Columbian half doors that I’ll show you in the next few days. They look good, but need some prep to be really nice. I need to predrill everything now before painting or I’ll risk messing up the paint.
Thanks for your input guys .

Hey Ralph I think you are pooched on the tube, looks like they designed it to have the doors fit over the tub and not recessed like factory. I do not see a recess for the doors in any of the pictures, on top of that they are using square cornered rear doors when factory doors curved bottom outside...

Maybe they coud build in the recess and make the curve on the corners to fit your rear doors, could be pricey to do all that fab work?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom