BJ40 1977 with 3 litter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to purchase a 1977 BJ40 import, but seller doesn't know where it was imported from. He provided a 10 digit vin but, i can't find any info with the vin.

Screenshot_20231117_180439_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20231117_180417_Facebook.jpg

Looks nice. What are they asking for it, just curious. Does it already have some sort of US registration if so it should be easy to get plates/title

a few more pics would help,
the titties on the bumper look different than others from central America
vent window front doors
does it have a heater? rollbar? dash pad? front bench or buckets? disc brake front end?
top might have been changed

use caution before buying, if possible have someone who knows Landcruisers look at it

Get a photo of the vin plate - it will have the assembly plant on it.

Unless you're very familiar with FJ40s, I wouldn't buy that one as my first one. There could be many unknowns about the history and condition. At least have a good shop look it over.

Is it painted with some sort of liner ?

70 series indicator boxes mounted to the fenders not the side of the grille, looks a little funny.

most likely Costa Rica. Proceed with extreme caution. Especially at that price which is typically around what it cost a shop to make one of these operate safely and properly.

16,500. No way . I myself would not even consider 6,500

I'd buy it for spares for 6500.
Don't see any around here for anywhere close to that money.
Nothing wrong with a good coat of liner if you're taking it out in the bush, but it "may" be covering a multitude of sins. Or may not.

Depends if you want a German Shepherd or a Poodle.

70 series indicator boxes mounted to the fenders not the side of the grille, looks a little funny.
Not a little, looks terrible to me. 🫣😝

Not a little, looks terrible to me. 🫣😝
Well ja, it does :hillbilly: but last time I called some ones baby ugly my wife slapped me stupid :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom