Builds Big Red Toy (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Have you checked the compressor wheel to the large turbo?
Insists the large turbo is fine, might be the small turbo.

Returned a few hours ago from the Devil's River natural area in south Texas. Was fun, but had to take the wife's Tacoma. It sucked on gas and felt underpowered compared to Big Red, so this thing is definitely getting 3.0 turbo diesel D4D when the odometer rolls over 6 digits.

No real update on Big Red :crybaby:. Here's my lazy attempt to capture the moments. Yes I know, the times and dates are wrong.

That was pretty good, Mike! You'll be making bank soon with your own Youtube channel. :)

That was pretty good, Mike! You'll be making bank soon with your own Youtube channel. :)
Ha, I wouldn't count on making money off this stuff, it's just there to preserve the memories.

Thinking about replacing the small turbo with the hx30w super and turning on the fuel pump a bit more.
Because if I'm going to **** up, I'm going to **** up big.

Because I'm bored and putting food on the table is not a necessity, I just bought an HX30W Super. So best mistake ever or best mistake so far? Stay tuned.

lol

I'm interested to hear how it performs in a compound setup. I've wanted to do that for a long time now, just can't justify it.

lol

I'm interested to hear how it performs in a compound setup. I've wanted to do that for a long time now, just can't justify it.
So based on talking to a few folks, they recommended going with the 44mm. But when I called to ask about the turbo they had for sale, the shop just happened to have a super that a customer special ordered and never picked up. It was hard to say no.

I have a feeling that it'll be more tuning, more bitching about EGTs, for some slight hp gains.

I have not come across anyone using the SuperHX30w in a compound set on a 4BT. I've lusted after a SuperHX30/HX40 compound set for a while, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

I have not come across anyone using the SuperHX30w in a compound set on a 4BT. I've lusted after a SuperHX30/HX40 compound set for a while, but I doubt it'll ever happen.
You'll make it happen. You've created an enviable monster beast, why stop now?

You'll make it happen. You've created an enviable monster beast, why stop now?

:lol: I dedicated kind of a lot of space to a large paper air cleaner, so I'd have to give that up. I'm not a fan of the smaller cone type K&N style air filters.

While i wait on big red, i have time to mess with little red.
I ordered this fire extinguisher bracket and decided it was time to install it. What a pain in the ass it is to work on little red.
20200222_095825.jpg
20200222_111927.jpg
20200222_114057.jpg
20200222_114050.jpg
20200222_133751.jpg

It's tucked nicely out of the way. I plan on doing the same for big red.

While waiting on the Tacoma bumper to show up and on big red to be ready for the corona apocalypse. I picked up this winch for the taco.
20200306_192938.jpg

I also ordered a synthetic rope rated at 22k for it.

Running into little snags.

Resized_20200308_152416.jpeg
Resized_20200308_152504.jpeg

Will probably weld it on tomorrow. But i won't be back in town until late in the week. This better be ready before the Corona apocalypse hits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom