Builds Big Green Buffalo Build Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was wondering about that actually, nobody really “tucks” a 40. Theres a red 80 in Australia that has a stock coil spring style mount on the front axle with a ultra long travel 3 link, Who knows what kind of shocks he has. the spring is attached to the axle but comes like 8-10” off the upper mount, its ridiculous.

The red 80 is in this video a bunch. I love the travel but id prefer coilovers. Also it doesnt stuff up in the rear at all. I want maximum travel with little or no lift.

It's all about the packaging with a 3 link most likely 3 to 4" lift. 4 wheel under ground makes a sweet kit specific for the 80. With out a big lift & big extended bump stops, You well need to a lot more cutting, into the doors, interior, relocate the battery, windshield washer reservoir ext ext. 37s to 40s is the big jump in a 80

Last edited:
The red 80 is in this video a bunch. I love the travel but id prefer coilovers. Also it doesnt stuff up in the rear at all. I want maximum travel with little or no lift.

Check out @H8 Roads build. He did a linked and big'm tires with min lift. (Not discounting anything here @brosky ; love your build)

Check out @H8 Roads build. He did a linked and big'm tires with min lift. (Not discounting anything here @brosky ; love your build)
Not to be argumentative, I really like his build and I read the whole thread, he's running 5 " lift springs in the back and 6" Bump Stop extensions to make those 40s clear. Just sayin 😉 Thanks for the kind words on my build.

Awesome work, the wheels look great...

Any reason for leaving the exh. man. heat shields off??

Thanks man. They were torn up when i took them off, there wasnt much left to reattach them with. I also ordered a header a year ago but that never showed up and i havent ordered another yet.

It’s been a while since I read the whole build, but does this rig have lockers? Seems like that muddy hill shouldn’t have been an issue.

Hey would you mind telling me what trail this is? Looks awesome!

Flatland rd, suches ga
Off of wolf pen gap rd

It’s been a while since I read the whole build, but does this rig have lockers? Seems like that muddy hill shouldn’t have been an issue.

No lockers yet, theyre coming though, with 5.29s. Ive made that hill every time ive been there, except for this ride. Its a bit worse than it used to be, but doesnt look like much on film.

No lockers yet, theyre coming though, with 5.29s. Ive made that hill every time ive been there, except for this ride. Its a bit worse than it used to be, but doesnt look like much on film.

Ok. That makes sense. From what I’ve heard, air lockers are better anyway. So, you’ll be happier in the long run.

Awesome! Thank you!
Flatland rd, suches ga
Off of wolf pen gap rd

When you winch do you keep it in neutral or let the transmission take the load?
Flatland always makes me pucker on some of those ruts. Cool video and build.

When you winch do you keep it in neutral or let the transmission take the load?
Flatland always makes me pucker on some of those ruts. Cool video and build.

i had the parking brake on tight but it was in park. pulling the rover out of the mud was the first time i ever used a winch, so i was a bit excited and forgot about the trans... from editing that footage and watching the front wheel move like that, ill pay more attention to how im winching In the future.

I like your thought of low lift & big tires.
I'm running 38s on a 3" lift.
After watching that painful video of your cruiser with open diffs... all I can say is lockers will be a complete Game Changer for you.
But until then getting longer shocks will help keep the tires on the ground meaning more traction.
With stock coils & 2" spacers you can run 26.5" ext. shocks which give you an increase of 4" more tire drop.​

I like your thought of low lift & big tires.
I'm running 38s on a 3" lift.
After watching that painful video of your cruiser with open diffs... all I can say is lockers will be a complete Game Changer for you.
But until then getting longer shocks will help keep the tires on the ground meaning more traction.
With stock coils & 2" spacers you can run 26.5" ext. shocks which give you an increase of 4" more tire drop.​

Ive been looking at your spring/shocks thread a lot lately. Im thinking about installing the dobinsons 6-7” lift shocks and letting it droop as far as it can, but also installing enough bump stop to stop them fully compressing. i have plans for retaining the spring on both axles to take advantage of the droop, and i have a plan on making sure the springs go back exactly where they belong at the top.

im also hovering over the submit payment button for a set of 40s right now. Id like to get the tires on before doing any more cutting or clearancing to the truck, just to make room around the tires, then set up the suspension after that.

Looking at broskys thread and all the work hes done to make room up front and what weve each done in the rear of our trucks, id like to put a halt on fab until the “final” tire size can be accurately accounted for. Nothing better than building around the actual parts.

That brings us back to lockers. I cant run 40s without gears, probably 5.29s in my case, i wont install gears with out front and rear lockers. I dont like to do things twice, so its arb air lockers front and rear with (probably nitro) gears before the tires get bought, its a vicious circle hahaha...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom