Best replacement radiator for the money today... (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Warranty claim was filed with Mishimoto Friday, and I just got notice that the replacement radiator shipped today, Monday. I really don't want to spend the time reinstalling another flawed radiator, so I will likely try to leak/pressure test it before I make the swap.
Good call on testing it first! I am in the same boat as you - installed a Mishimoto last Spring, found out there was a very small pinhole leak (mine's located on the top bung weld, right of the filler cap). Mishimoto covered it and sent me a new radiator - but I had to wait a few months due to backorder and supply issues. Because I had to wait I ended up just taking a metal punch and hitting it in the pinhole - still weeps but barely; it's been like 6months and thousands of miles, so I feel alright about it as-is. I haven't swapped the radiator due to laziness but if I do I'll be sure to pressure test the new one! I don't have a TIG welder, but have thought of finding someone with one and just have them put the tip on the pinhole to see if that does the trick to seal it up quick

Surely Mishimoto products are tested before being shipped out!

That said, the oem toyota radiator is about $550 which is comparable to a Mishimoto. I kind of always considered Mishimoto a premium kind of product but I sure don’t want to have to go through a warranty claim, have my vehicle disabled for a week or so, and pay labor twice.

Anyone else have a leaking Mishimoto?

I've used Denso radiators first in 2016 and 2nd in 2022 and all good.

I kind of always considered Mishimoto a premium kind of product but I sure don’t want to have to go through a warranty claim, have my vehicle disabled for a week or so, and pay labor twice.
When I look at their website, I just see a bunch of cheap rice rocket parts. Now, there are some very excellent, top quality JDM rice rocket parts. And then there are some cheap, knock-off budget rice rocket parts. You do what you gotta do with your budget but Mishimoto is of the later rice rocket parts. Surely, some will agree with me... others will be offended. Sorry about that.

My Mishimoto seems to be fine. No leaks so far.

I'm not going to go to bat for them as a company or anything. I have purchased one product from them. I don't know anything about their other products. The one I bought seems to be working. It seems like they've been solid with their response when people have had problems. Hopefully, I don't have to test that.

I'm not gonna lose sleep over it.

When I look at their website, I just see a bunch of cheap rice rocket parts. Now, there are some very excellent, top quality JDM rice rocket parts. And then there are some cheap, knock-off budget rice rocket parts. You do what you gotta do with your budget but Mishimoto is of the later rice rocket parts. Surely, some will agree with me... others will be offended. Sorry about that.
Agreed. I haven't seen anything that tells me these aren't built in the same factories as cheap non branded aftermarket parts.

On a side note, I can't help but think of this scene when I see mishimoto

Surely Mishimoto products are tested before being shipped out!

That said, the oem toyota radiator is about $550 which is comparable to a Mishimoto. I kind of always considered Mishimoto a premium kind of product but I sure don’t want to have to go through a warranty claim, have my vehicle disabled for a week or so, and pay labor twice.

Anyone else have a leaking Mishimot

Coming from a long background of modifying import cars (mid 90's unitl now) I always considered Mishimoto to be an Ebay brand that just kind of caught on. When I buy a good quality aluminum radiator its a Koyo or Fluidyne. Both would likely be overkill/waste of money for a stock 100 series

Coming from a long background of modifying import cars (mid 90's unitl now) I always considered Mishimoto to be an Ebay brand that just kind of caught on. When I buy a good quality aluminum radiator its a Koyo or Fluidyne. Both would likely be overkill/waste of money for a stock 100 series
I pressure tested my aluminum mishimoto before installing. It wasn't a bad install, and it performs well. After I burped the system using a funnel, it holds temp well, took it wheeling the following weekend. Ready for the hot summer months. Took the opportunity to upgrade all my hoses I could touch. Needed too. Really been looking forward to this upgrade with the increased capacity.

Fwiw, my mishimoto is hanging in there just fine. I've taken multiple cross country trips since last year and no issues with leaks or overheating. What i like about the all aluminum radiator is that it can be easily repaired by a shop if need be, even if far from home. This should theoretically prevent me from being stranded while waiting for a new radiator to be delivered while I'm on a road trip.

Agreed. I haven't seen anything that tells me these aren't built in the same factories as cheap non branded aftermarket parts.

On a side note, I can't help but think of this scene when I see mishimoto

This is what nearly put me over the edge towards going with the mishimoto 😂

I went with the Koyorad and it's been holding up great for almost a year now.

is that mishimoto all aluminum one works for 06 LX470 as well? They didn't list it as compatible for lx470 wondering why

I paid $378 for Toyota OEM radiator shipped no tax from Serra Toyota last year. With Toyota's 25% off sale its $283 right now from Serra with free shipping. No brainer if you have a new radiator on the list of things to tackle...

I paid $378 for Toyota OEM radiator shipped no tax from Serra Toyota last year. With Toyota's 25% off sale its $283 right now from Serra with free shipping. No brainer if you have a new radiator on the list of things to tackle...
yes that is good price. however I saw two different radiators available for LC100

1640050290 $ 373.42
1640050360 $ 283.54

are they interchangeable ? however for LX470 only 1640050290 is listed....

@bajaguy949 link to that part at that price please? (seems to good to be true) :oops:

Code Freeship for free shipping also.
Purchased 1640050290 - Toyota Radiator. Engine, Cooling, System | Serra Toyota, Decatur AL - https://parts.toyotaofdecatur.com/p/62994301/1640050290.html
freeship as coupon code does work
Thank you!
1647665323409.png

Code Freeship for free shipping also.
Why is the mexico spec radiator cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom