Best Mod for under $100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No, originally the fog lights only worked when the headlights were on. This mod allows the fog lights to work when the headlights are off or on. Still have the control to turn the fog lights off whenever you don’t want them on.

Okay, I guess I need to go back and rewatch it. I missed how to have the combination of headlight on/fog off .

More info on this please!

This thread post 83

Lights are here
Amazon product ASIN B015X1EW3G
I am leaning towards amber.

2 great mods available for well under $100 from SBE Precision products.

IMG_2745.JPG

I bought this Xukey brand cargo mat made for the Prado. It seems to be a semi rigid medium/high density foam type material. Fit is pretty decent. No telling how long it will last, but if you don't want to spend $$$ on weathertech, this may be a good solution. It will fold in half fairly easily for putting the 3rd row down.

XUKEY for Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2003-2009 Lexus GX470 Cargo Liner Boot Rear Trunk Mat Tray Floor Carpet Luggage Tray Mud Kick Pad Tailored
Xukey Cargo Mat - Amazon

Last edited:
Here's my courtesy lights setup- Bolted up some 10" Flood/Spot combo lights from OZ-USA to the bottom of the sliders. They are tucked away nicely but if somehow they do get smashed then they are pretty cheap to replace. Really like how these light up amber in addition to the white. Here is a link to the lights

View attachment 1991319
View attachment 1991318
View attachment 1991320
View attachment 1991321

Cheers,
I really like your under light set up. I've cut my running boards and have sliders on the way. Questions: Did you plug into the OEM running board lights wiring? If so, 1) do they only come on when you open the doors? 2) do you have a secondary switch to turn on without the doors open? 3) can you switch them from white to amber? 4) did you use the factory plugs or others. Thanks

2 great mods available for well under $100 from SBE Precision products.

View attachment 2018698

View attachment 2018699
I really want these! I've been pondering how to fabricate the console switch for a while. Was going to order the OEM/ Prado plug for the ride control and modify...Can you post a link? I googled SBE and only can come up with rifle parts. Thanks!

I bought this Xukey brand cargo mat made for the Prado. It seems to be a semi rigid medium/high density foam type material. Fit is pretty decent. No telling how long it will last, but if you don't want to spend $$$ on weathertech, this may be a good solution. It will fold in half fairly easily for putting the 3rd row down.

XUKEY for Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2003-2009 Lexus GX470 Cargo Liner Boot Rear Trunk Mat Tray Floor Carpet Luggage Tray Mud Kick Pad Tailored

View attachment 2019907
Got a link?

I really like your under light set up. I've cut my running boards and have sliders on the way. Questions: Did you plug into the OEM running board lights wiring? If so, 1) do they only come on when you open the doors? 2) do you have a secondary switch to turn on without the doors open? 3) can you switch them from white to amber? 4) did you use the factory plugs or others. Thanks

I cut the oem connectors off and tapped into the wiring, short length but usable. The lights come on when I open the doors and turn off once the doors are closed and locked. No secondary switch but to change them from white to amber you just have to turn them off then back on quickly. Hungover on the 5th, hope this makes sense.

cheers,

I cut the oem connectors off and tapped into the wiring, short length but usable. The lights come on when I open the doors and turn off once the doors are closed and locked. No secondary switch but to change them from white to amber you just have to turn them off then back on quickly. Hungover on the 5th, hope this makes sense.

cheers,
Thanks for the info!

Bluetooth fm tuner. Great when you live in the middle of nowhere.

This is the same one I bought before I bought my GX as well. Works great for music, not so much for calls with the mic so far away.

I just finished reading this entire thread. It took a few days of squeezing in time here and there... Thanks to all who posted so many cool things to do for cheap! Once I finish getting the maintenance items taken care of on my recent addition to the fleet, I'll definitely be adding some of the suggestions here.

In the meantime, I'll share the one "mod" I've done so far, which is to install these LED low beams. They say 6000k but they look to be about the same color temperature as the factory LEDs on my BMW.

Amazon product ASIN B07GKPR452
Originals:
48237557406_64b197ed1f_b.jpg

New on passenger only:
48237572231_7034898ec9_b.jpg

New on both:
48237578906_f35a2a8acc_b.jpg

Last edited:
$20 for LED DRL/Flashers and a bit of work to get rid of the hyper flash.
See write up:

Do you not use the audio in the back seat I guess? Or is there another way to control it?
I think if you have controls there it's for a DVD system.

I think if you have controls there it's for a DVD system.
yes thats what I meant. sorry. If you make this mod can you still use the DVD system? I don't use it much but sometimes if its gross out I will hop in the back seat and watch a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom