Best leather seat replacement?

Visit site
Hey guys! New to the forum! Just picked up a nice '97 and it currently needs the two front seats recovered. Who currently has the best fitting/feeling front seat leathers on the market? Thanks!

Visit site
Some here bash LCH or Land Cruiser Heaven, but they have been fair to me, and the leather feels good where it needs to, and feels tough where it needs to be. I got their complete set of leather for everything except the 3rd row which I took right out after a week.

20201213_112644.jpg

20201213_113322.jpg

20201213_114239.jpg

20201121_154411.jpg

20201031_105241.jpg

Irish Reiver

GOLD Star
Visit site
I had the Lseat on my last cruiser and was very disappointed. Looked good on install but didn't last even a few weeks before the degradation started.
For this cruiser i went with Mosley covers. These are just in a different stratosphere of quality. They look beautiful, feel beautiful and smell beautiful. I know Mosley might be having supply delays due to covid but definitely worth the wait.

20210722_112936.jpg

20210722_113003.jpg

Visit site
I had the Lseat on my last cruiser and was very disappointed. Looked good on install but didn't last even a few weeks before the degradation started.
For this cruiser i went with Mosley covers. These are just in a different stratosphere of quality. They look beautiful, feel beautiful and smell beautiful. I know Mosley might be having supply delays due to covid but definitely worth the wait.

View attachment 2738392
So far, that looks to be the best fit and exact same style my LC has. What was the cost? Any other recommendations?

zapatius

SILVER Star
Visit site
Now we talking!!!! How much were these? I would probably get the preforated style, only for looks. Quality and fitments seems on point!!!

When they start taking orders again, front and second row with heated/cooled front seats, the set runs about $2100

Box Rocket

SILVER Star
Visit site
I swapped my front seats for some from a VW Passat/Jetta. But I used Lseat covers to recover the second row seats. These have been in for about a year now. We have 4 kids ranging from 20yr to 12yr old and the seats are used regularly. No signs of degredation that was mentioned earlier from someone else. I will say that the leather is on the stiff side. It's probably good for durability but isn't the super plush soft feeling of high end leather.

For the cost, I've been pleased with the Lseat leather.
Rear seats by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_3421 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_3424 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

Visit site
I swapped my front seats for some from a VW Passat/Jetta. But I used Lseat covers to recover the second row seats. These have been in for about a year now. We have 4 kids ranging from 20yr to 12yr old and the seats are used regularly. No signs of degredation that was mentioned earlier from someone else. I will say that the leather is on the stiff side. It's probably good for durability but isn't the super plush soft feeling of high end leather.

For the cost, I've been pleased with the Lseat leather.

IMG_3421 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

IMG_3424 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
What do the Jetta/Passat seats look like in an 80?

Visit site
Has anyone tried the Roadwire leather seat kits www.roadwire.com? My local upholstery shop has Roadwire and LSeats and the difference in quality seems much higher with the Roadwire. Also, there are tons of colors, you can choose two-tone and perforated inserts. Got a quote for first and second row, two-tone, perforated insert, and installed for $2,225. Seems a bit high but want something that looks good and lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom