Best/Cheapest place to get a set of KO2s? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kabanstva

SILVER Star
Threads
Looking to buy a set of 5 BFG KO2 A/T 285/75/R16

Is Tire Rack the way to go? I've always used Tire Rack over the last ten years.

My dad has a Costco membership, was wondering if that might be a cheaper route?

Or some other place?

I got mine from Costco during one of their promotions, out the door about the same price as Tire rack. I didnt have any trouble with the install. Not sure about costco where you are located. The dude asked if they would fit and I showed him a thread from here. Then they did it no problem.

Discount Tire Online( they have an ebay store)- then go to their brick & mortar store and theyll match the online price.

Discount Tire Online( they have an ebay store)- then go to their brick & mortar store and theyll match the online price.
So by picking up locally at their location I am skipping the shipping costs? Sounds like a good idea, but I am worried they will want to charge sales tax... at which point I'll just order from Tire Rack.

Mounting and balancing is not an issue, I have a free source for that.

Do you guys have the equipment to install tires at home? What do you do when the cheap, online tires show up in your driveway? I'm actually serious here... do you then go to a tire shop and pay them to mount/balance? Is it just to avoid the sales tax?

Discount Tire - bricks and mortar - is great. Will price match (if they're already not the lowest), free lifetime tire rotation and balancing... Don't over think this.

Do you guys have the equipment to install tires at home? What do you do when the cheap, online tires show up in your driveway? I'm actually serious here... do you then go to a tire shop and pay them to mount/balance? Is it just to avoid the sales tax?

Discount Tire - bricks and mortar - is great. Will price match (if they're already not the lowest), free lifetime tire rotation and balancing... Don't over think this.
My brother works in service at a Lexus dealer and the bodyshop my dad works at has a $30k tire machine that is hands free....so I usually have one of them just take the tires to work and get them mounted. Not sure about the others.

Simpletire.com

The problem I have with ordering tires online is the mounting and balancing as well as tire disposal.
Add to that load range, I ordered a set of Cooper S/T's and I ordered the wrong load range without realizing it.
It worked out fine as the P metric tire had a higher load rating than the LT but it was not a 10ply tire, it was only 6.

I got mine from Costco during one of their promotions, out the door about the same price as Tire rack. I didnt have any trouble with the install. Not sure about costco where you are located. The dude asked if they would fit and I showed him a thread from here. Then they did it no problem.

I got my set from online costco, but my local costco wont install it even after i said i am willing to sign a waiver. so check with them first.

I took my stock steelies off my '40 and took them to Costco about 3 weeks ago, I told them they were going on a trail rig. They were more than happy to mount 33/10.50/15 Ko2's. I asked if they would have mounted them had I just drove the '40 in and they said "no problem". Total cost was $890.00 with tax, mount, balance out the door. The guy that mounted the tires was a Toyota 4X4 guy so maybe that helped.:meh:

Got mine at Sam's. No problem.

@Kabanstva Considering your connection with brother and dad, I think your best bet is to order from ebay or 4wheelparts online, maybe even have them shipped direct to the shop. Should be a good bit cheaper than Tire Rack.

I’m browsing looking for the best place to get these as well. I found my local sams to be equal or beat any online deal I can find. If they are higher it’s usually by less than 3-5 bucks a tire. They also seem to randomly run a promo when if you buy 3 or more tires you get a gift card to sams for 80-100 I can’t remember details.

About 15 years back I had a set of 32 Dunlap mts on my Tacoma I picked up from sams. I think I got 2 or 3 replacement tires from them for free as they would warranty everytime I had a flat. Most of the time was nails and one was a giant gash in the sidewalk from scraping a tree on the trail. So I was happy with the service.

I was able to get mine @ Sears 20% less then Tire Rack with a corporate account.

Last time I bought KO2 tires 4wd.com had the best delivered-to-my-door price. They are related (parent company?) to 4Wheel Parts, but for some reason they were cheaper than 4WP. We have a tire mounting/balancing machine at work, so it worked out well for me.

Costco... just take the rims/ wheels to them and pick them up later on the same day....
Easy peasy.....

Got my last set at the Bx tire shop for those of you with military access. Saved about $100 for the set vs what I would have paid with tire rack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom