Best All Around Tires with Snow/Ice Rating (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey Everyone, I'm looking to replace my tires and wanted some feedback. I am currently running the LT285/75R16 Kenda Klevers Automotive Tires, Passenger Car Tires, Light Truck Tires, UHP Tires | Automotive | Kenda Tires | Klever M/T Truck Tires | Find a Tire | Kenda Tires . I was still back in TX when I bought these for $60 each delivered by Amazon. I have since moved back to the Pacific NW and mud has been replaced by gravel/rocky fire roads and snow and ice. I would like to find a great all around AT with snow and Ice rating. The Kendas are problematic as they wont keep a balance and seem to be super heavy with a lot of rolling resistance. Let me know what you guys are running and what you like about them! Thanks.

Last edited:
Yea but they dont sound like a single engine cessna taking off, so its a no go for me.

Are you looking for off-road tires or on-road tires?

Duratracs were designed specifically for snow, ice and wet roads, none of which we ever see here I the PNW right???? I will be purchasing a third set for my 3/4 ton dodge in the next few months.

I have the Super Swamper trxus, that were also suggested earlier in this thread, on my 80. These tires are absolutely amazing off road and drive much better than you might imagine on road. They have lots of siping and the rubber compound is soft so they grip well and don’t make a lot of noise as you might suspect they would. The only down side is that they will wear out more quickly than Duratracs and most others that won’t perform as well off road.

Duratracs were designed specifically for snow, ice and wet roads, none of which we ever see here I the PNW right???? I will be purchasing a third set for my 3/4 ton dodge in the next few months.

I have the Super Swamper trxus, that were also suggested earlier in this thread, on my 80. These tires are absolutely amazing off road and drive much better than you might imagine on road. They have lots of siping and the rubber compound is soft so they grip well and don’t make a lot of noise as you might suspect they would. The only down side is that they will wear out more quickly than Duratracs and most others that won’t perform as well off road.
Agree the Super Swamper trxus are great in the PNW, but the wear and cost for a DD doesn't add up sometimes depending on use.

I've been very happy with the General Grabber ATXs. I believe they are storm and snow/ice rated and they do have stud holes if you wanted to stud them. Similar tread pattern to the BFG KO2s. I haven't been offroading in a while due to college and classes but I have made a few roadtrips from Bozeman to McCall, Idaho and Fernie, BC and the on-road manners of this tire are very nice. Also they really don't suck when heading up to the mountains in Icy/snowy conditions. Overall would recommend over KO2s as a do it all tire.

BF Goodrich All terrain KO2's are the best all around tire for what you describe. I've run them for years with great results and we get a lot of snow here.

If you wheel much duratrac's sidewalls are on the weak side compared to ko2's but they do grip better in snow. But really you cant go wrong with either of the two for our area.

Goodyear wrangler Kevlar winter version
8BD7DE80-270C-4E10-B6BC-C0184A1A76DA.jpeg

I’m liking my Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT so far. I think the 4S has a snowflake symbol/rating.

I’m liking my Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT so far.

I have this tire on my little 94 HiLux. Drove it all winter here in SW Colorado, in all sorts of winter-driving conditions. It will struggle in deeper fresh snow, but I am very happy with how they performed overall the past six months.

I'm running the Cooper ST Maxx tires on my Landcruiser and those have been solid snow tires. I did not get to drive it in icy conditions, so am unable to comment on performance there.

Some neighbors are huge Toyota geeks and run the Cooper STT Pro on their 4Runner. They claim that it has incredible snow traction (both hard pack and freshies) for a mud design.

Good luck!

ST Maxx on my 80 with about 50% tread remaining and they did great on ice, slush and deep wet snow from our latest blizzard. They can only be better with more tread and I would not hesitate to recommend them. I'll be purchasing these tires again.

I have a set of 4 duratracs on my 80. I have popped 4 duratracs. One was yesterday and since there is no discount tire in Montana I am screwed. I will be buying a set of BFG at or falken wildpeak at3w's

Duratracs are a s***ty tire and I'll never recommend them to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom