Bass Camp May 21 - 22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is it faster to go through Fallon or Yerington from Carson? I've driven 95 all of once.

According to Google, the Yerrington route is 155 miles, estimated drive time of 2h57m while the Fallon route is 165 miles and 3h6m.

Also - is there gas in Mina?

Also according to Google, gas is available at the Hard Rock Market in Mina...

-- Kurt

Last edited:
I've used my HT on the trail before, 0.5W is usually plenty. If you need it I have a Mag mount antenna which will help a lot, it is an SMA so you might need an adapter if your antenna is a different type.

An external antenna will make a huge difference! Without one, well, you might have some signal issues using the HT while inside the cab.

After 6 months or so using a Mag mount, the only issue I've had is knocking it off the top of my truck. This happened just once, so it's not big deal. Just keep an eye on it when going under branches and stuff with little to no clearance.

-- Kurt

Last edited:
Is it faster to go through Fallon or Yerington from Carson? I've driven 95 all of once.

From where you live, I would agree with Kurt, Yerington will be much faster for you. From Reno, going through Fallon is faster.

Also - is there gas in Mina?

I wouldn't "plan" on the gas in Mina, I would and plan on topping off in Hawthorne. Then if the place in Mina is open, you could add the gallon or so you need to give you a completely full tank.

Jack

Bring warm clothes too! Looking like evening and morning temps at any good camp spots (5,500'+) will be around freezing.

Jack is correct, do NOT plan of fuel in Mina. You should be fine topping off in Hawthorn.

For those of you that take the Yerington route there is a little shortcut at Miller Lane that will save some time;

Reno, NV to Hawthorne, NV - Google Maps

Looks like im out so have fun and enjoy all btw way so everyone knows my call is K7DWG

Dan G :cheers::bounce::bounce2::steer:

Anyone driving slow Saturday that I can follow, Slow being 60mph on the straights, 40mph going up and 61mph going down the hills. Having a "Classic" comes at a cost.

Anyone driving slow Saturday that I can follow, Slow being 60mph on the straights, 40mph going up and 61mph going down the hills. Having a "Classic" comes at a cost.

Dang Keith! Youre going to have to leave at 5AM :eek:

I'll be sure to wave if I pass you :grinpimp:

I'm having eye surgery thursday, so we are out. Besides, the wife is still fighting that cold from 2 weeks ago and it's moving into her lungs. I don't think traveling is in our best interest this week.

Be sure and get lots of good pictures for us.

Hope that goes well for you!

How about we plan to leave Mina no later than 11:00. That gives the Reno/Carson people a 7:30 - 8:00 start time but still gives us plenty of day light to find Bass Camp. If everyone is okay with an earlier start that would also be good.

Please make sure you post up if you are attending because as soon as everyone that confirms shows up we will leave, no matter what time it is.

Right now I have;
Matt
Mark
Jack
Dan S
Dan J
Keith
Will 1

Maybes, please confirm ASAP.
[strike]Dan G [/strike]
[strike]Will 2[/strike]
Kurt

Let me know if I missed you, my brain is like a sieve lately.

Bumping to the current page

I've got a couple 5 gallon gas cans here someone can borrow if they don't have one to use.

We'll be watching for updates...

I've got a couple 5 gallon gas cans here someone can borrow if they don't have one to use.

We'll be watching for updates...
The guy having eye surgery will be watching for updates?:confused:

BTW good luck with that.

Brilliant!

Packing now, will probably head out Early Sat, unless someone wants to go Friday and camp, Friday is open for me. SWEET

I'll be able to join you all! :steer: But I do have to return Saturday night. :crybaby:

I'll be driving in via the Smith and Mason valleys. Will be monitoring to 146.46 and the Corey Peak 2m repeater (146.79 (-) PL none for local, 192.8 for link use). Plan to top off in Hawthorne both in and out of the area, hoping a full tank will be sufficient for the day's adventure.

Also, I've programmed a few waypoints into my GPS. Attached is a KMZ file. I'd be interested in any other waypoints folks think would be useful.

Attachments

• Waypoints.kmz
    4.4 KB · Views: 125
The guy with eye surgery is now seeing 20/10 in both eyes.....:):):) No more glasses for me......

Glad to hear your eye surgery went well.

It's always nice to see clearly :cool:

Sounds like you guys are going to have fun on this run. I will keep it in mind for next year or whenever it happens again.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom