Back in CruiserLand // 1984 FJ60 - New Member - One question. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ax0n

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey, glad to finally be a member here.

Here is my new Cruiser. 1984 FJ60.

Lifted and repainted, and a rack - but otherwise pretty stock. Overall seems to be in pretty great condition. Full stage 0 to start, I will keep updates coming! For now, here are some pictures.

I posted a question below - if anyone is able to provide any insight it would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_2668.jpeg
IMG_2669 2.jpeg
IMG_2670.jpeg

And one pic of my old cruiser from college. Glad to be back. I love these things.
All Pics 597.JPG

I have one question - for now - What the heck is this thing? It isnt in any diagram or picture that I have been able to find. Any help greatly appreciated. I found it disconnected while replacing vacuum lines last night. Thanks to the posts here about McMaster Carr silicon hoses. good tip.

2712.jpeg

Cheers!

I agree - looks like aftermarket cruise control. You might have a cable that attaches to the throttle linkage by the carb and electrical wiring running inside to the cab, too.

Mine looked like that and there was a hidden computer control box for it behind the driver’s side kickplate.

Nice truck by the way, welcome back to the game!

That's a Flux Capacitor. It allows you to occasionally go back to 1984 when traveling backroads when there is little traffic. 🤓
Nice Looking 60. I love it.

Ah - good call. @tmxmotorsports and @CruiserTrash - there is also a module on the stearing column - the seller mentioned it was cruise control but it didnt work. Here are some more pictures for posterity. I think I will remove it, along with the headlight washer reservoir and sprayers. They sound like they work but I dont think it belongs on the build I have in mind. And I like the idea of a second battery.

@onemanarmy - they are 17's, BFG 285/75R17 - but I am pretty sure I am running spacers. Not sure if its wives tales or not but the jeep guys I grew up around always said spacers are bad. If you have any suggestions for a better solution let me know. I am under the impression options are limited. I did not oversee the work - just purchased a few weeks ago. 122k on the odo. The market for these is crazy right now but if the older gens are any indication it isnt going to change so 🤞 I just have a great truck that wont depreciate? lol. either way - its the truck I wanted so I am happy with it.

@ryaneddy16 - Roanoke. From New Mexico but been here the past few years for work. No mountains kills me but I still get back to see family fairly regularly. You?

IMG_2719.jpeg
IMG_2720.jpeg
IMG_2721.jpeg

@ax0n now you have to chase down the "brain"/computer part. Hidden under a panel somewhere I bet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom