Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Current instructions for 200/12.5 attached. Pretty much the same for other siblings.

Feel free to call 209-636-0831 or email ward@longrangeamerica.com

Ward

Attachments

• TLC200SA-12.5GAL VER3.5.pdf
    3.8 MB · Views: 498
Current instructions for 200/12.5 attached. Pretty much the same for other siblings.

Ward
Thank you.

It looks like the additional "air filter" is still present (on pp.16-17), and that it doesn't get looped and connected to some other vent line as suggested above?

So when I transfer gas from my 40 to the stock tank. Is there any reason it does recognize that in the “cruising range” it just says “0” what actually triggers that?

So when I transfer gas from my 40 to the stock tank. Is there any reason it does recognize that in the “cruising range” it just says “0” what actually triggers that?
It could be that you have an older 200. I have a 2019 and my range will update after I transfer my 12.5 tank. Might be interesting to see what years will update the range after transferring fuel.

It could be that you have an older 200. I have a 2019 and my range will update after I transfer my 12.5 tank. Might be interesting to see what years will update the range after transferring fuel.
Yea mines a 2011

I think it has to do with amount of fuel change or speed at which the gas pumps deliver.... see this link

I think it has to do with amount of fuel change or speed at which the gas pumps deliver.... see this link

Ahhh good link. That would make since. But I figured it would go off the level in the tank. And also @RobW0 said his works fine. Hmmm

Ahhh good link. That would make since. But I figured it would go off the level in the tank. And also @RobW0 said his works fine. Hmmm
I only get about 11.5 gallons from my 12.5 tank. It does not update the range as it is filling but within a few minutes of completing the transfer the range will update. I have also had both the original LRA pump and now have the faster pump. The range updated with both pumps.

I only get about 11.5 gallons from my 12.5 tank. It does not update the range as it is filling but within a few minutes of completing the transfer the range will update. I have also had both the original LRA pump and now have the faster pump. The range updated with both pumps.
Hmm. Mine does nothing. Not until I put it in from the pump. Good info.

Hmm. Mine does nothing. Not until I put it in from the pump. Good info.
A good test would be to put only 5 gallons into the main tank from a gas pump... maybe even try it 2 ways 1) rig off abs 2) 5 gallons while running (no one cares if you gas up in Texas with engine running. Also, I think myth busters did an episode where they smoked, set off fireworks, and took a lighter to the pump and couldn’t get it to explode😂).

Greetings all. Has any 40 gallon LRA tank owners inadvertently bashed their tanks going offroad? If so, how did it hold up? It looks like it hangs as low as where the factory spare is located.

Greetings all. Has any 40 gallon LRA tank owners inadvertently bashed their tanks going offroad? If so, how did it hold up? It looks like it hangs as low as where the factory spare is located.
I can’t speak to bashing it but you can have some armor put on it before install to protect against any bashing.

Held up great. little dent and scrape. nothing to worry about. unless you are rock crawling extreme. THB that could have been avoided but bad spotter.

tempImageMTQxjv.png

Ward
Do you know the resistance range on the fuel sender included with the US LRA tanks?

Edit: 0 to 90 ohm, right in the instructions! Just ignore me.

The one on my LRA 12.5 is a VDO 220.004. I looked that up and the sheet said 0-90 ohm resistance.

That being said, measured on my bench upright it shows 16.2 ohms and inverted it shows 8.2 ohms. I don’t know if any of that is meaningful.

The one on my LRA 12.5 is a VDO 220.004. I looked that up and the sheet said 0-90 ohm resistance.

That being said, measured on my bench upright it shows 16.2 ohms and inverted it shows 8.2 ohms. I don’t know if any of that is meaningful.

FYI .. it is used when programming the fuel level indicator that comes with the LRA tank. (it does come pre-programmed so normally you don't mess with it).

What I would like to know is what is the voltage range on the OEM fuel tank sending unit on the green to yellow wire?

There are 3 wires on the OEM fuel sending unit, white, black and green that changes to yellow up at the dash cluster.

white and black power and ground .. but what is the voltage range on the green-wire going to the fuel guage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom