Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Didn't see this asked yet: Any crash concerns with putting a fuel tank in that location? I assume that no LC200s worldwide have a tank in this location so there would be no crash data. Am I wrong?

I got rear-ended on the highway once in my old 4Runner. Woman in a C3 vette doing 50+ hit me in my 1990 4R... I was at a stand still. All 5 us us in the car walked away with no injuries. The 4runner had major rear damage (obviously) but wasn't totaled. Took 3-4 months to repair it. Probably good that there wasn't 13-45 gallons of fuel sitting right there.

There will be a massive crossmember in between the tank and the bumper. If you get hit hard enough to damage the crossmember you've got more pressing matters than the aux tank getting damaged. Same could be said for getting t-boned on the passenger side since that's where the OEM tank is.

Thanks! Wasn't aware.

I admit to not searching the whole thread are there pics of the 24 in place yet?

Didn't see this asked yet: Any crash concerns with putting a fuel tank in that location? I assume that no LC200s worldwide have a tank in this location so there would be no crash data. Am I wrong?

Toyota does offer a factory sub tank in that location, just not in the USA. You might check to see if Australia has published any crash data...

I admit to not searching the whole thread are there pics of the 24 in place yet?
A few have been installed but not with decent snaps yet. Reports suggest profile similar to that of OEM spare in place.

Now that we have tanks in production and getting installed with decent instructtions, we are working on website, photos, easier access to information and orders. The website will go live in the next two weeks - here is an example of the tank store's product listing with easy access to information and supporting documentation. Gallons, US dollars and shipping from California without import hassles - heck, we even have tanks on the shelf - not all models, not all the time, but progress.

We are not done - we are working on improvements to the fitment kits and componts, along with upgrades to the installation documents with added photos and diagrams. Following development of the 200 tank family for US spec rigs, we recently completed an aux tank for Lexus GX 470 / 4G 4Runners. More models to follow.

We are grateful for the participation and support of many MUD members that have prior expericne with Aussie aux tanks and also shops that have installed them over the years. Cruiser Brothers has made some mistakes along the way and we have done our best to make it right as soon as we realize our errors and oversights. The support, patience and wisdom of this community is making this possible and we know it.

:cheers:

upload_2018-6-29_5-40-39.png

Sent you a PM, Ward.

Sent my order for a 24 yesterday.

:bounce::clap::grinpimp::hillbilly::santa::steer:-<WOOO!

Domino Effect is nice:

1-With fuel soon going underneath...I lose fuel Rotopax.

2-With water now outside, interior space is significantly gained.

3- Improvement to my center of gravity with massive fuel weight as low as possible..

It’s a win-win-win. :)

PS...my maxtrax don’t actually stick up that high. ;)

upload_2018-6-30_18-11-18.jpeg

upload_2018-6-30_18-11-45.jpeg

Last edited:
^I can just picture you out there on your driveway, day after day endlessly tweaking your rig. Possibly neighbors stopping by regularly to get an update on the latest tweak. Love it. I look forward to the same. It's so cathartic to be in the groove with ones hobby.

^I can just picture you out there on your driveway, day after day endlessly tweaking your rig. Possibly neighbors stopping by regularly to get an update on the latest tweak. Love it. I look forward to the same. It's so cathartic to be in the groove with ones hobby.

Man, that is EXACTLY what happens. :)
I’ve actually gotten to know my neighbors directly as a result of tinkering as they pass by on walks with kids, dogs, elderly, etc. :)

Rumor has it there is a neighborhood pool going on where the next mod will be.. inside outside, front back? :rofl:

Rumor has it there is a neighborhood pool going on where the next mod will be.. inside outside, front back? :rofl:

Outside. :hillbilly:

Quick Release fully lighted buggy whip going on tomorrow.

-My desert run a few months ago with high traffic and high dust made me dangerously invisible as the sky darkened and up/down areas meant blinds to other-side traffic.

Getting amber, which will also make for a functional camp light and fewer bugs than a white area light. :)

Oops. Just realized that kinda got this thread off course.

To return to Tanks:

Huge shout-out and appreciation to @wardharris and his business partner Georg at Valley Hybrids!

Both of these guys are incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and willing to spend time.

If any of you are on the fence...give them a call and you’ll discover they are a fantastic group to deal with.

Oops. Just realized that kinda got this thread off course.

To return to Tanks:

Huge shout-out and appreciation to @wardharris and his business partner Georg at Valley Hybrids!

Both of these guys are incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and willing to spend time.

If any of you are on the fence...give them a call and you’ll discover they are a fantastic group to deal with.
It’s all Georg’s @orangefj45 doing- I’m just office help:)

It’s all Georg’s @orangefj45 doing- I’m just office help:)

And here is the proof of this statement, in case you missed it. :bounce::bounce2:

Georg's other business -
Valley Hybrids (in which I have no interest) was named TLCA Business of the Year..... Georg is the best partner I have ever had (other than my wife Lois) :)

TLCA_logo_color.gif

upload_2018-7-2_19-27-32.png

Cruiser Brothers, LLC

Last edited:
My 13 gallon has gone through 3 fillups and very pleased. The pump beeps twice when it shuts itself off. Still happy I went with the 13 gal, can't imagine needing more for an expedition type run and I have to stop now :D well before I need to fill up. I like having the 2nd spare as it gives me extra protection on the trail. I was on a long run once were my tire was slashed (by rock) andI had to complete the next 3 days without a spare. That was nerve racking

Thanks Ward and Georg for doing this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom