Auxiliary Fuel Tanks for 200s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome news! I searched a little bit but was there a price break if we’re on the first batch? May wait if there isn’t so I can see others tinker with these first.
Tinker?

Straightforward install, no tinkering :)

It may have been mentioned, but does the 16 gallon change the mounting location of the spare at all? Does it push the spare lower at all? I have a 305/55/20 under mine, so I would like to know if it moves it down any further.

Thanks Ward. I emailed a note to Clint per your above Post. Need to confirm if the 16 Gal loses a couple of gallons to fit the Canister and if you can use the stock spare with it.

Tank Specs:
  • Large is available for order, 40 gallons net, relo spare
  • Medium will be 24 gallons net, when available, not in production yet, ETA mid Summer, relo spare
  • Small is available for order, 13 gallons net, no need to relo spare
Pricing / Shipping Summary:
  • List price all three models $1,695 Retail
  • Early Adopter Mud Retail Discount -$200 for prepaid orders by sea freight with deliveries starting in May, date TBD subject to production queue in Melbourne
  • Trade sales will be to/through Authorized Installing Dealers, with a discount to support training, inventory, signage, etc. at the Dealer. Shops looking to develop a specialty in tank sales/install for all LRA products (Toyota and non-Toyota) are encouraged to call or email Ward at new direct dial office number, 209-636-0831 or info@cruiserbrothers.com
  • We will also work with selected, non-Dealer Installing Shops that do not wish to develop new business lines and make commitments as above. Fine either way, happy to support all comers.
  • All Dealer and Shop orders will be advance order for the time being as we work to build on-site inventory in Stockton.
  • Urgent orders may be accommodated on a basis of availability of production and space on pallets coming by air freight. Additional costs may apply.
  • Current pricing for domestic shipping via motor freight is based upon delivery to either: A) local terminal pick-up; OR B) commercial location (with or without fork lift as quoted).
  • "A" pricing runs $160 (West Coast) to $300 (East Coast)
Hope this helps!

It may have been mentioned, but does the 16 gallon change the mounting location of the spare at all? Does it push the spare lower at all? I have a 305/55/20 under mine, so I would like to know if it moves it down any further.
Do not know, will ask @orangefj45 to take a look at the Millenium Falcon when it is in the shop this week for an assessment.

While I'm doing my best to stay out of this discussion as I don't want to share any details related to the prototype that may not apply to the final version, I do feel like it's appropriate to say that y'all will love this upgrade.

The tanks are great, they work as advertised, the install process has been / is being refined, and the dedication and service you see from Ward and Georg is the real deal. Just wanted to share my two cents now that the product is nearing availability.

While I'm doing my best to stay out of this discussion as I don't want to share any details related to the prototype that may not apply to the final version, I do feel like it's appropriate to say that y'all will love this upgrade.

The tanks are great, they work as advertised, the install process has been / is being refined, and the dedication and service you see from Ward and Georg is the real deal. Just wanted to share my two cents now that the product is nearing availability.
It would not have happened without you, Cole, the LRA team, Dom and the Valley Hybrids team and the many people that have chimed in online and off - especially the folks that have installed the Australian versions of these kits. The time, effort and expense of those efforts were significant - and the results not always as hoped for. Without those shops and owners and their generous sharing of their experiences - well, we just would not have been able to make this happen.

Team sport... Georg and I just carry water :)

Last edited:
MORE DISCLOSURE

The 13 gallon Small tank is a bit of a bear to install. Not horrible, but may take a bit more time for install. Just an FYI - your situation will vary due to installer, vehicle, phase of the moon, etc. Every truck, tech and day combination is different. The Small tank is just a bit more challenging.

Also, we got a question about the "Authorized Installing Dealer" vs. a shop that just wants to buy a tank from time to time. Among other issues like commitment, support, collaborative marketing and easy access/support for the larger market; a shop that does not fit other Series or marques (hell no, I won't work on a Tacoma, jeep or Land Rover) is not going to do as much business as a more "open architecture" shop taking all comers as a business. Not as attractive to us either for a bunch of reasons.

Also, like a surgeon, the more tanks you install, the better you get at it. Also, the installer/surgeon gets better at dealing with unexpected challenges along the way.

Ward, If I were to drive out to Stockton, how long would it take to install and Georg's shop?

Ward, If I were to drive out to Stockton, how long would it take to install and Georg's shop?
I am guessing one day plus a heck of a dinner:)

Georg is walking around Melbourne but I will double check at dinner.

Speaking of our Australian adventure - Georg @orangefj45 and I met up with a grand fellow - Ben Meddows - that really helped introduce the LRA brand in North America. Outback Proven and the original Man a Fre (Al Colebank).

We are headed home tomorrow around 11am Melbourne time / 4pm Pacific Time, arriving LAX early Sunday morning.

Heck of an experience - such nice people at LRA, Wholesale Automatic Transmission, Terrain Tamer and even a drive-by at Kaymar.

Lovely folks and great businesspeople.

upload_2018-2-24_15-47-32.png

I was expecting the price to be way out of my range, but that just might work. Decisions, decisions...

I am guessing one day plus a heck of a dinner:)

Georg is walking around Melbourne but I will double check at dinner.

So it would be about 8 hours labor for installation? Considering the 24 that comes later on this year. Do we still have to pay before April 15 even though we don’t know the final specs for that size? Sorry for all the questions, but wanted to clarify.

So it would be about 8 hours labor for installation? Considering the 24 that comes later on this year. Do we still have to pay before April 15 even though we don’t know the final specs for that size? Sorry for all the questions, but wanted to clarify.
Yes, estimate for install of 40 and 24 is 8 hours. 13 is a little more because you need to drill holes to mount the cross member then finesse the back nut in a position that’s a PIA.

Final specs for 24? They are as follow.... 24 gallons :)

We are still working on details for payment- will be prepay for next order and deposit on orders further out. Gotta think about timing of the 24 and order deposits, etc.

Apologize for incomplete info, but we wanted to keep y’all in the loop now that we are out of the tunnel.

More to come.

I pass through Stockton multiple times a year on my way to visit family in Sac from SoCal.

That install sounds involved! Have you guys done a LX570 yet? How much are you charging to install the 13er?

I’m pretty interested in a 16 for an ‘18 lx (I’m assuming this works with the lx?), and also would like to know about any clearance loss with the spare.
I’m in Komifornia, but will be moving in the fall, before any further emissions testing will be needed (so I’d install ASAP).
Looking forward to the update on the fitment of the 16.

Last edited:
I pass through Stockton multiple times a year on my way to visit family in Sac from SoCal.

That install sounds involved! Have you guys done a LX570 yet? How much are you charging to install the 13er?
Install is simple compared to prior installs of Aussie spec 200 tanks.

No LX installs yet.

Cruiser Brothers does not do installs but we are building a team of authorized installing dealers as mentioned above. Suggest you PM @orangefj45 at Valley Hybrids. Estimated install 8 hours.

PS - THANK YOU...

......for the interest, questions support and orders. Georg and I are back in the shop and office Monday and we will continue to the roll-out process as quickly as possible.

First step, get home to family, as a certain member of the team is having a 10th birthday tomorrow - right G?

I'm in for a 24 for sure...whenever that can happen.

Please let us know when/how to pay for early-bird on 24.
Not sure how that works, since it sounds like a delay on the 24's.

Amazing work, Ward & Co.

I’m pretty interested in a 16 for an ‘18 lx (I’m assuming this works with the lx?), and also would like to know about any clearance loss with the spare.
I’m in Komifornia, but will be moving in the fall, before any further emissions testing will be needed (so I’d install ASAP).
Looking forward to the update on the fitment of the 16.
No LX installs yet.

Small tank capacity is 13, not 16.

No updates on fitment - the tank and kit are done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom