Audi A4 Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

umpqua

GOLD Star
Threads
Do you think they would fit in a '90 Bj75 Troopy?

Suggestions on other seats that you know will fit?

Rodney lets talk tonight. All it takes are brackets but the seats can't be too wide or they put you off center of the steering wheel. Before I found my early 90's Toyota seats I tried to get some BMW seats and Honda seats to fit. If the seat cushions are too tall your head will hit the bottom of your bed frame. Supposedly the low profile Recaro's are close to Toby's offerings......Gli/Gti front Recaro seats - auto parts - by owner - vehicle automotive sale

I wonder how the BMW E39 M5 seats would be. They are pretty narrow, and by far the most comfortable seats I have ever had. I am 6'3" and picky about my seats, But, I could drive my E39 M5 all day and never notice the seats getting uncomfortable.

I have seen a lot of the Shceel-Mann seats in Defenders. Everyone that has them seems to love them. I just couldn't stomach the cost of them myself.

finished installing 98 4Runner cloth seats in the -75. the problem with installing in a -75 is that the floor is a lot higher due to the fuel tank location under the cab/front seats. therefore you need to come up with a mount that is as low as physically possible other wise you will sit a bit higher than the stock seats. these sit a little higher but I still will have enough head room now, I had to try a couple of times to get them as low as possible. even a half inch can make the difference between working or not. I'm 5'11". I have to re do the passenger seat since it ended up just a tad crooked :-( In the troopy this will not be as big a deal since you have more head room but the higher you sit it will affect your view out the windows.

Hilux D/C

IBzxfBKw7EU-TxFL5am-5-rl-FavFZDON0G8ZxC5PYt1M4oXubq0kdFnEbW96kqu16FOKZrJVm5_bbKyiyyWI5F5KTiw82gXlxn6Kt1Xau6qw3VaEwpGvlxjU1Yq5ZFMwqGclDo03I1eiWuTubIVB8dx4MXlc6EnIMwfMlcF1QhMjNy45rS_lOEl47MLqlrEJOUa83LF3z1_pFHavzeccW_MwAgLapWkOvy0H4716A-vw42EDsMs1fMiVszDpw7cgsYISFdZDo0D-_HU9g69DSOBp3z6fhk_rL7n2rUczkEqAFuVe2g27poMqDy-WRig9IUSUelIu3zQi0HSNmvMP6Sx_o40hH9aO4JPDYxVXDzy3V43cMUhRp9Ter0zS6nnbgJsuwi62eCt5JWNCijQ80UsmvC-G0S2l-ShkzrEmAVJgPfaNFnkTa5rinNA7F1lJCsnf4lvTpBUQSh4xcFQb3rMJ04QUDKho8V9Jfs_-g8u8tlZ9Yey3MBtXisC-RRyNsMbGm3G2mvJfQDI193eYnH64ICAdqq4ylK7ehiu6dJmUSX_gnGmzHJx_XYWpbqDvTACK0rS8RgBqmxMwnZhClAaZwGKBQnZnlgVns0=w440-h782-no

finished installing 98 4Runner cloth seats in the -75. the problem with installing in a -75 is that the floor is a lot higher due to the fuel tank location under the cab/front seats. therefore you need to come up with a mount that is as low as physically possible other wise you will sit a bit higher than the stock seats. these sit a little higher but I still will have enough head room now, I had to try a couple of times to get them as low as possible. even a half inch can make the difference between working or not. I'm 5'11". I have to re do the passenger seat since it ended up just a tad crooked :-( In the troopy this will not be as big a deal since you have more head room but the higher you sit it will affect your view out the windows.
I’d like to see your mount. I will be heading to the pick n pull at some point to find seats for my 75. 4runners are always plentiful in the yards. I do have a set of Disco seats but don’t really want electric seats

Tmarx, which seats are in your truck? Hi Lux? Would that be the same as a Tacoma in the US market?

I will check out the BMW seats. I'm 6'3" as well and need a seat that offers leg support. Thanks for sending me that way.

I'd love to have a pair of Scheel seats. The rep lives here in Portland. Good guy and I've seen them at his shop. The seats that would work for me are $4K a pair and I'm having a hard time with the price. I may get a set at some point......you spend some time in your seat and with all the other money I've spent on this project but again they are super pricey. I'm sure it's a get what you pay for kinda thing.

Last edited:
I’d like to see your mount. I will be heading to the pick n pull at some point to find seats for my 75. 4runners are always plentiful in the yards. I do have a set of Disco seats but don’t really want electric seats
It will be next week before I can get some pictures. I will be taking it all apart to paint all the bare metal from the seat frames that I had to modify.

Tmarx, which seats are in your truck? Hi Lux? Would that be the same as a Tacoma in the US market?

Yep Hilux seats. I think they are the same as the 4Runner in US ?

Procar Elite Lumbars.

I have installed them in both 60's and 80's.

Cheers
Do you recall which procar brackets you used in the 80s? 81988/81989?

Anone know which brackets would fit a 70?

Do you recall which procar brackets you used in the 80s? 81988/81989?

Anone know which brackets would fit a 70?

I used a regular ole ProCar slider, cut the feet off a junk set of 80-seats and welded them to the ProCar sliders.

Cheers

Ok, here is my mounts I made out of 3x3x1/4 aluminum angle. Had to remove the original sliders and slide lever from the 4runner seats. Drilled a bunch of steel rivets out to get a more flat surface to mount the angle to the inside of the seat brackets. I did cut back to make the angle a 2x3x1/4.

159A1059-6A22-4065-9619-BF5E319C2E7C.jpeg

47E44891-2E4B-43BF-B536-CD1AA00B27B5.jpeg

74B18FC4-4BDB-4A45-8029-0497134A07A6.jpeg

8AD2CF19-BE93-47CB-A664-BD546E0DE703.jpeg

All it takes are brackets but the seats can't be too wide or they put you off center of the steering wheel

I seem to remember the Landrovers were like that. I think it was because of that stupidly big console box made them push the seats to the door.
At first it felt weird but after a few minutes of driving you didnt notice it. Most people drive one handed unless they are in heavy traffic or a tight spot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom