Builds Atwalz 2013 TLC 200 Build Thread. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a safety flag for Moab.

4AB25CAD-1ABF-4769-8D33-E7FEE94A0A19.jpeg

I just wanted to report back that running half tank of gas in Moab was a success. I had two 5 gallon spare Nato style Jerry cans for backup. I ended up using one can and helped @kreiten on TOTW. No more evap codes. Knock on wood. Also, armor performed as designed. Bumper wings brackets were also success. Both swing outs for Jerry can box and tire carrier dragged on fins and things were within elastic range. Before next year, I need a transfer case skid, maybe LCA skids, and move the front sway bar end links connection at LCA and fab up some brackets for that. Other than that all good. I will be getting front and rear lockers and 24 gallon LRA tank. I am reaching out to Valley Hybrids for install.

Switched to frozen rotors and hawk pads. Also, sold nitto trail grapplers and got 5 new KO2 (285/75R17).

2F5B28A9-EB39-45C3-977D-157A98BFDDC3.jpeg
E43F2017-4D6E-4853-BFC6-D56DB8364A07.jpeg

Would be great if you could post up some detailed tire-fit photos with your new 285/75/17s...
DD26E31A-5465-4BA0-BF24-83E79E2BD751.jpeg

Here you go. Only pic I have with them installed on my phone at this moment. Size wise they are same as nitto. KO2 measured about 33” but advertised as 34s. They weigh less than mud tires and my average went from 10.8 mpg to 13mpg mix driving.

View attachment 1840151

Here you go. Only pic I have with them installed on my phone at this moment. Size wise they are same as nitto. KO2 measured about 33” but advertised as 34s. They weigh less than mud tires and my average went from 10.8 mpg to 13mpg mix driving.

Wow! That’s a real mpg improvement.
My Nittos are definitely HEAVY.

Wow! That’s a real mpg improvement.
My Nittos are definitely HEAVY.

That was savings of 8lbs per corner and 8 lbs lighter spare tire. 32lbs less rotational mass now.

Truck looks great!

I'm still rocking your tundra wheels with slight rubbing. Looking to get some springs for the rear. Any suggestions?

If you are looking for springs, ive got OME 2721s, 2722s, and soon will be listing a set of icon soft progressive springs.
Each set has about 8k miles. I keep adjusting weight and experimenting to get the best ride.

If you are looking for springs, ive got OME 2721s, 2722s, and soon will be listing a set of icon soft progressive springs.
Each set has about 8k miles. I keep adjusting weight and experimenting to get the best ride.

I have a 100 series

I will be installing front runner roof rack this weekend. Anything tips for me? There was a YouTube video but I can’t find it anymore.

I will be installing front runner roof rack this weekend. Anything tips for me? There was a YouTube video but I can’t find it anymore.

Looking forward to your impressions, Kamal.

Always been interested in the FR rack.

Switched to frozen rotors and hawk pads. Also, sold nitto trail grapplers and got 5 new KO2 (285/75R17).

View attachment 1840013View attachment 1840014
Have you found that KO2 285-75r17 on Rock Warriors rub without a wheel spacer? Or is why those wheel spacers are on is because you just like them?

Going to be needing new tires within the year and (at least for my 200) I don’t think they’ll fit without spacers.

Have you found that KO2 285-75r17 on Rock Warriors rub without a wheel spacer? Or is why those wheel spacers are on is because you just like them?

Going to be needing new tires within the year and (at least for my 200) I don’t think they’ll fit without spacers.
I run spacers on rear axles to match track width of tundra conversion in front. No rubbing at all. I have stiffer springs all four corners. 700# front and rear are 300+.

Here is a snip I took from the FSM (TIS), follow this for bolt removal and you shouldn't have any issues.

Its a cake walk install. Especially for aomeone of your auto skills. I suggest using tape to hold the mounting bolts in the rack, in place. As you invert thr rack, if not taped, the bolts will slide around which is just one more thing to have to adjust when installing it. Its super lite, i did mine all by myself. You can assemble the rack in you living room in comfort. Decide now if you want the sunroof unobstructed, if so dont put slats in that spot. You can measure your FR side rails and the mounting holes in your roof to get an approximate location. The plastic caps on the facotry rack just take a bit of persuading with a flat head screwdriver to pop off thrn everything is exposed. Good luck buddy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom